Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 01:44 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times

Advertisements

Tomorrow we will be here in Florida for 1 year.

Simply amazing how an entire year flew by.

We have been lucky enough to experience a lot in that year.

Traveled all over, did a lot of things, hit the beaches we love, spent lots of time at Disney and Universal.

Getting to swim in your own pool year around has been great. Never putting away the grill is also cool.

I have not been on the board much at all because we are always doing something.

Getting to travel in every direction from our home has been an experience.

Traveled Florida for many years but now we are here we have been able to go down roads we never traveled, go to towns we did not see etc.

I would say our favorites is getting to go to the beach and Disney any time we want. We love the both.
Have been known to head to Disney and be there at 8 pm on a Saturday night to ride Space Mtn, Splash Mtn etc several times before they close which is awesome.

Siesta Key, Honeymoon Island, Venice Beach, Clearwater Beach and Ft Lauderdale have been our favorite beaches.

Treasure Island has really been cleaned up since we were last there 5 or so years ago.

We have had many family and friends down to stay for a week or so and that has been good. Most did not want to go home.

The antiques we love so much has been good but not as good as Ohio was. I kinda expected that. But getting to go to Webster and Mt Dora flea markets is a dream even if we dont buy anything. The auction houses here seem to have plenty of wall bidders so I have to pick and choose which ones we go to.

Then again, the yard sales, thrift stores and pawn shops have more then made up for the antiques as I find sterling silver all the time at the little off brand thrift stores for next to nothing and find tons of stuff at yard sales.

Overall the 1st year has been very good to us. Living the dream to get to do all the thing we love to do year around has been amazing.

We consider ourselves very lucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 07:32 AM

623 posts, read 965,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Tomorrow we will be here in Florida for 1 year.

Simply amazing how an entire year flew by.

We have been lucky enough to experience a lot in that year.

Traveled all over, did a lot of things, hit the beaches we love, spent lots of time at Disney and Universal.

Getting to swim in your own pool year around has been great. Never putting away the grill is also cool.

I have not been on the board much at all because we are always doing something.

Getting to travel in every direction from our home has been an experience.

Traveled Florida for many years but now we are here we have been able to go down roads we never traveled, go to towns we did not see etc.

I would say our favorites is getting to go to the beach and Disney any time we want. We love the both.
Have been known to head to Disney and be there at 8 pm on a Saturday night to ride Space Mtn, Splash Mtn etc several times before they close which is awesome.

Siesta Key, Honeymoon Island, Venice Beach, Clearwater Beach and Ft Lauderdale have been our favorite beaches.

Treasure Island has really been cleaned up since we were last there 5 or so years ago.

We have had many family and friends down to stay for a week or so and that has been good. Most did not want to go home.

The antiques we love so much has been good but not as good as Ohio was. I kinda expected that. But getting to go to Webster and Mt Dora flea markets is a dream even if we dont buy anything. The auction houses here seem to have plenty of wall bidders so I have to pick and choose which ones we go to.

Then again, the yard sales, thrift stores and pawn shops have more then made up for the antiques as I find sterling silver all the time at the little off brand thrift stores for next to nothing and find tons of stuff at yard sales.

Overall the 1st year has been very good to us. Living the dream to get to do all the thing we love to do year around has been amazing.

We consider ourselves very lucky.
Good for you. I'm glad that your living your dream. Good luck!!!

Old 07-02-2012, 10:14 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Very Happy for you Sunny

Old 07-02-2012, 11:12 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
atta girl/boy!

I'm glad things have been going well for you. Also, if you have a moment, can u please list some good antique places you go to?

I'm originally from PA/NJ and there are lots of good antique places hidden all over the place, especially in PA.... In florida, I've been hard-pressed to find some real good ones. I feel like the northeast is older and therefore just has more antiques going around.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:11 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
atta girl/boy!

I'm glad things have been going well for you. Also, if you have a moment, can u please list some good antique places you go to?

I'm originally from PA/NJ and there are lots of good antique places hidden all over the place, especially in PA.... In florida, I've been hard-pressed to find some real good ones. I feel like the northeast is older and therefore just has more antiques going around.

West Palm Beach has an area called "Antiques Row" that attracts buyers from around the world. It's Dixie Highway, starting pretty much at about Okeechobee Blvd., and going south on Dixie Highway until almost the border with Lake Worth.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:24 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Glad to hear!

Old 07-02-2012, 02:28 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Good for you Sunny!

Old 07-02-2012, 05:45 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,680 times
Thats fantastic. All that homework is paying off. It sounds like your really busy.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:30 PM

814 posts, read 2,042,667 times
Florida Rocks!

Old 07-03-2012, 07:47 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,119,787 times
Congrats Sunny! Already a year... wow that was fast! We're at our two year mark. I should update my blog. Big things that have happened to us since moving here.

Bought a house.
Got laid off but found a new job that pays way more than the one I came here with.
Have made some good friends.
All 3 kids are now in Elementary School and they love their school - it is a good one.
Adopted 2 kittens so we now have 2 dogs, 2 cats and a Hamster - Sheesh!
Still happy here and never planning on moving.
Have finally begun dieting, sticking with it and working out!
Have been exploring more natural parts of Florida (ie; Tubed Rainbow Springs, county parks)
No longer spending all day at amusement parks and waterparks that we have season passes to. Typically go for 4 hours or so at a time... makes it more fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida