U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 07-05-2012, 02:21 PM
 
13 posts, read 95,701 times
Reputation: 17

Advertisements

If anyone has seen my other posts you will know what I want. I have gotten advice from people on this forum saying I should also look on the east coast of Florida for some places to live. I have one place on the east coast which is Boca Raton, what are your opinions on that? Is it a good place to live? Do people like living there? Suggest any more places in mainly Palm Beach County and down. NOT Miami!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-05-2012, 03:18 PM
 
14 posts, read 18,456 times
Reputation: 20
Jupiter,Palm Beach Gardens and Tequesta would be my choices
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2012, 05:52 PM
 
2,150 posts, read 1,550,101 times
Reputation: 1282
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaDuba98 View Post
If anyone has seen my other posts you will know what I want. I have gotten advice from people on this forum saying I should also look on the east coast of Florida for some places to live. I have one place on the east coast which is Boca Raton, what are your opinions on that? Is it a good place to live? Do people like living there? Suggest any more places in mainly Palm Beach County and down. NOT Miami!!!
What's wrong with Miami? I remember your list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2012, 10:52 PM
 
13 posts, read 95,701 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
What's wrong with Miami? I remember your list.
It's just not my kind of city I guess, it's not like it's a bad city it's just too big and sometimes I don't feel safe there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2012, 11:28 PM
 
2,150 posts, read 1,550,101 times
Reputation: 1282
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaDuba98 View Post
It's just not my kind of city I guess, it's not like it's a bad city it's just too big and sometimes I don't feel safe there.
Miami is a city of neighborhoods. Most of these neighborhoods have a downtown. Some of them are very safe. Boca is way too old for you. Really, I can't think of anyplace that would fit your description in PBC that is inherently any safer than say Brickell, South Miami, Coconut Grove (east), Miami Beach, Pinecrest, or even South Beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2012, 02:59 AM
 
13 posts, read 95,701 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
Miami is a city of neighborhoods. Most of these neighborhoods have a downtown. Some of them are very safe. Boca is way too old for you. Really, I can't think of anyplace that would fit your description in PBC that is inherently any safer than say Brickell, South Miami, Coconut Grove (east), Miami Beach, Pinecrest, or even South Beach.
Okay, I'll take a look at the areas you suggested, thank you for the information and suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2012, 07:07 AM
 
12,379 posts, read 12,331,456 times
Reputation: 8841
How did Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood miss mention if South Florida is an option, particularly with the beachy-dive shop vibe the OP is looking for? Hollywood especially would fit the criteria quite well. Check out the Young Circle neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2012, 03:54 PM
 
13 posts, read 95,701 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
How did Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood miss mention if South Florida is an option, particularly with the beachy-dive shop vibe the OP is looking for? Hollywood especially would fit the criteria quite well. Check out the Young Circle neighborhood.
I will check on that thanks for the suggestion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2012, 02:33 PM
 
1 posts, read 5,689 times
Reputation: 11
Melbourne. Nice houses and they are also building new nice projects, close to everything: 1hr from Orlando, 20 min from Cocoa Beach, 3 hrs from Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top