Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 04:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,990 times

Advertisements

i think its all how you make it! . ..im moving from dayton ohio to Daytona . . .and cant be more excited! . . i know there will be crime and all the stuff that comes with every city . . .but really . . .its ALL about how you deal with it! . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 05:11 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,373,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by william29 View Post
Well I'm in the situation as the low class. Don't income of $1000 a month or more and don't sell pills or other things either. So i can't have an experiemental life because of my money situation here. And I have a medical need I need fixing thats affecting my appearance.
is this a little bit of envy on your part? either get a grant and go to school or get off your duff stop whining and start producing !
I have friends who shop yard sales and resale items for a profit at the local flea markets, they make more than I do each week.

you have choices William don't blame others due to your lack of ambition

Old 06-22-2013, 03:19 PM

21 posts, read 42,226 times
Default Totally agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I guess we have a different perspective on what constitutes a rich person, some one working as a fitness trainer by day and bar tender at night doesnt strike me as some one who's rich,Or why would a rich person bother to take on a minimum wage job just to deny a poor person from getting the job.
Thank you for this statement. It was exactly my thoughts as I was reading his original post. I just keep shaking my head over that post lol

Old 06-27-2013, 01:02 PM

591 posts, read 820,172 times
Living in Daytona Beach sounds like a fate worse than death.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:39 PM

745 posts, read 1,582,359 times
I actually love it.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:18 PM

501 posts, read 1,881,585 times
I love Daytona Beach and am very happy here!

Because there is so much to do here, it's kind of hidden or not well published as if you're supposed to know where to go. So it can be a little difficult finding your way for a while.

I'm amazed by the posts about Daytona Beach from people who don't live here or visited once 25 years ago and have this burning desire to share their story today with us all! This is what makes this blog hysterical.

I like Daytona because it's a unique place where people who don't like malls, cookie-cutter homes and soccer mom lifestyles. (Pretty much found everywhere else in Florida) They prefer long hair over short; bandanas over baseball caps; skateboards, surf boards, bikes and scooters over cars; boating/jet ski's over web surfing; beach over shopping; gardening over social climbing

You have to come and explore it on your own.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:40 PM

745 posts, read 1,582,359 times
I hear ya Dewd. This area is highly underrated. It's a shame so many on this board continuously bash Daytona, when they don't actually live here. I still have yet to come in contact with anything negative about the area. I feel completely 100% safe walking the streets and the beach all by myself at night at anytime. There are no traffic issues here. There are jobs if you look for them. A few people I know have 2 jobs, more power to them! They are motivated! I can get to the mall within 15 min. There is a farmers market. There is a flee market. There are no pretentious people. There are plenty of beach bars. The beach itself is utterly amazing if you ask me. I walk it nearly everyday and I'm blown away by how glorious it is. Rent is cheap. There is plentiful beach access, you don't need to be staying in a resort to get easy access to it. Sure there are sketchy parts, but i don't live there, so who cares? There are sketchy parts in every city in America. Tourists come here on vacation, so everyone I see on a daily basis is happy. I waited on a couple tonight who were on their honeymoon. They loved it! If there is crime, it's going to be in northern Daytona Beach on the mainland. Beachside is completely fine. So is Daytona Beach Shores, Wilbur by the Sea, Ponce Inlet, and Port Orange.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:40 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,373,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaZoo View Post
Living in Daytona Beach sounds like a fate worse than death.
I enjoy my time I stay there

Old 07-04-2013, 05:45 PM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonadewd View Post
I love Daytona Beach and am very happy here!

Because there is so much to do here, it's kind of hidden or not well published as if you're supposed to know where to go. So it can be a little difficult finding your way for a while.

I'm amazed by the posts about Daytona Beach from people who don't live here or visited once 25 years ago and have this burning desire to share their story today with us all! This is what makes this blog hysterical.

I like Daytona because it's a unique place where people who don't like malls, cookie-cutter homes and soccer mom lifestyles. (Pretty much found everywhere else in Florida) They prefer long hair over short; bandanas over baseball caps; skateboards, surf boards, bikes and scooters over cars; boating/jet ski's over web surfing; beach over shopping; gardening over social climbing

You have to come and explore it on your own.

You forgot one: They prefer "tattoos over teeth!"

Daytona is what it is, I lived up the street in Ormond by the Sea. FYI there are plenty of cookie cutter homes whether it is the 50 year old ones east of 95 or the thousands of cookie cutter McMansions out by LPGA west of I95.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:51 PM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo384 View Post
I hear ya Dewd. This area is highly underrated. It's a shame so many on this board continuously bash Daytona, when they don't actually live here. I still have yet to come in contact with anything negative about the area. I feel completely 100% safe walking the streets and the beach all by myself at night at anytime. There are no traffic issues here. There are jobs if you look for them. A few people I know have 2 jobs, more power to them! They are motivated! I can get to the mall within 15 min. There is a farmers market. There is a flee market. There are no pretentious people. There are plenty of beach bars. The beach itself is utterly amazing if you ask me. I walk it nearly everyday and I'm blown away by how glorious it is. Rent is cheap. There is plentiful beach access, you don't need to be staying in a resort to get easy access to it. Sure there are sketchy parts, but i don't live there, so who cares? There are sketchy parts in every city in America. Tourists come here on vacation, so everyone I see on a daily basis is happy. I waited on a couple tonight who were on their honeymoon. They loved it! If there is crime, it's going to be in northern Daytona Beach on the mainland. Beachside is completely fine. So is Daytona Beach Shores, Wilbur by the Sea, Ponce Inlet, and Port Orange.

The "honky tonk" development is tacky though. Boardwalk, flanked by dozens of t-shirt shops and about 1/2 dozen 7/11's in a 3 mile strip seems like poor planning. Waterpark wedged in between a not great hotel/retail development and old run down residential next door just a block or so from the strip clubs doesn't scream good planning.

The biggest mess is parking (or lack of). By allowing beach parking (which is cool) they have forced themselves into that model for years to come. If you stopped beach parking then where will everyone park that is coming to the beach? No one would argue having 4X4's with blaring radios will make a beach more beautiful but there is no alternative for Daytona since there is a parking shortage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida