U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 06:51 PM

2,546 posts, read 2,190,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicemiller View Post
No. Dangerous driving is no laughing matter and it is time we clear the roadways of these people. The cemeteries around the nation are filled with the dead bodies of people who were killed by people who did not have the time to come to a complete stop.

At least 50% of the people on the roadways right now are not qualified to be operating a motor vehicle on the public roadways because they consistently make poor decisions while driving, thankfully the other half of the population is skilled enough to avoid these foolish people.

Driving dangerously is equivalent to waving a loaded firearm in someones face, which is why people who decide to drive in a dangerous manner should be dealt with harshly by the authorities.
you're forgetting the human element of mistakes and accidents. Some people just have accidents. People make mistakes. No one is a perfect driver. Human error will never stop, no matter how harsh penalties will be. To make those violation so harsh will cost people their jobs, their livlihoods, their freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 07:25 PM

56 posts, read 44,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
I agree a lot of people on the road are not qualified to operate a vehicle. I don't agree with your ridiculous suggestion that someone should lose their license for a year and be required to do community service for not coming to a complete stop. Those are punishments that people get with dui's.
The tickets do not work on these dangerous drivers, it remains a joke to them until they kill somebody, so we need harsh punishments to alter their behavior.

Not coming to a complete stop is a malicious action and it deserves the same or worse punishment than somebody operating a vehicle drunk.

When driving down the road do you ever look over and see some nimrod playing with their I-Phone or GPS system instead of driving? Most of these people playing with technology do not understand what they are doing is extremely dangerous and fail to notice the only reason they are still alive is because other drivers are avoiding them. If you are caught playing with your I-Phone while driving you should never be allowed to operate a motor vehicle again and citizens should be permitted to remove violators from their vehicles whenever this stupid and absurd behavior is observed.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
you're forgetting the human element of mistakes and accidents. Some people just have accidents. People make mistakes. No one is a perfect driver. Human error will never stop, no matter how harsh penalties will be. To make those violation so harsh will cost people their jobs, their livlihoods, their freedom.
There is a difference between making mistakes and intentionally driving in a dangerous aggressive manner.

Our prisons are full of nonviolent drug offenders, while some moron in a Lincoln Navigator on their I-Phone kills a mother because they could not be bothered to come to a complete stop because they were in a hurry to get to Starbucks to buy coffee. We should not have to wait until these fools kill someone to deal with them harshly and severely, if there life is ruined, then so be it, after all our society does not think twice about ruining the life of an 18 year caught with some marijuana.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:28 PM

140 posts, read 149,661 times
I am presently living in Abq. NM & had red light camera for few years.We have REMOVED them all just a few months ago because 1) the voters voted them out via referrendum 2) The city was LOSING money on them after the pvt. company took it's cut.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:53 PM

1,361 posts, read 691,840 times
red light cameras wouldn't bother me so much if they were 100% public.

these select few companies get to profit off law enforcement. it's not like I can set up a camera and do the same. I would have to lobby/bribe the right people.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
red light cameras wouldn't bother me so much if they were 100% public.

these select few companies get to profit off law enforcement. it's not like I can set up a camera and do the same. I would have to lobby/bribe the right people.
It is without doubt that the red light cameras are nothing more than a scam to steal money from the people and redistribute it to billionaires. We must look forward to the day when we imprison the treasonous people and corporations behind the installation of these red light cameras. Like you, I would almost overlook the cameras if the fines collected went toward improving the community instead of buying fuel for some moron's private jet. With that being stated, not performing according to the law at intersections is a serious crime and offenders do deserve to be dealt with extremely harshly.

A large enough group could simply go from intersection to intersection and remove the red light cameras. I don't ever remember being asked by the government if it was acceptable for them to install red light cameras at our intersections, so the public really should feel free to remove and destroy them.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:58 PM

2,403 posts, read 3,557,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicemiller View Post
It is without doubt that the red light cameras are nothing more than a scam to steal money from the people and redistribute it to billionaires. We must look forward to the day when we imprison the treasonous people and corporations behind the installation of these red light cameras. Like you, I would almost overlook the cameras if the fines collected went toward improving the community instead of buying fuel for some moron's private jet. With that being stated, not performing according to the law at intersections is a serious crime and offenders do deserve to be dealt with extremely harshly.

A large enough group could simply go from intersection to intersection and remove the red light cameras. I don't ever remember being asked by the government if it was acceptable for them to install red light cameras at our intersections, so the public really should feel free to remove and destroy them.
As I stated earlier in this post, most city officials don't know or understand the ir own rules , regulation , and Laws that govern their conduct. Private corporations can not by law regulate traffic mnor do they have the legal authority to fine you (though they tried ,and in doing so they violated your constitutional rights by their actions ) the differant city counsels cost the citizens of their city's thousands of dollars by intering into the contracts with these private corporations . Ignorance of the LAW IS NO EXCUSE IN THESE CASES.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:26 PM

14 posts, read 12,114 times
Hi you can find steps on how to fight a traffic ticket at: Fight Your Ticket - Learn How to Fight Your Ticket in Court What you do is, you select your state and follow the information there, you can do it yourself, I believe is mostly done via regular mail. Good luck!

Old 09-14-2012, 12:49 PM

703 posts, read 1,043,516 times
The OP states they did a rolling stop in a right-turn lane against a red traffic light. Right turns on red are legal in Florida, even if there's no right-turn lane. How the heck is the camera going to tell the difference between a rolling stop and a stop/go? Either way the car is moving across the limit line against a red light, which in this situation is legal.

I also wonder about some edge conditions. For example, a cop/firefighter/ambulance is behind you at a traffic light, emergency lights on. As as I have seen in many states, drivers will move forward against a red to allow them through. If there's a traffic camera they're all getting a ticket for their good deed, since it has no capacity to judge the situation.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:35 PM

4,798 posts, read 4,201,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
The OP states they did a rolling stop in a right-turn lane against a red traffic light. Right turns on red are legal in Florida, even if there's no right-turn lane. How the heck is the camera going to tell the difference between a rolling stop and a stop/go? Either way the car is moving across the limit line against a red light, which in this situation is legal.

I also wonder about some edge conditions. For example, a cop/firefighter/ambulance is behind you at a traffic light, emergency lights on. As as I have seen in many states, drivers will move forward against a red to allow them through. If there's a traffic camera they're all getting a ticket for their good deed, since it has no capacity to judge the situation.
they take a video and apparently send you the link with your ticket. I am anal about stopping at red lights, especially at video camera ones
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida