Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 03:03 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosnian View Post
wow ur so smart Synergy1 i do strogly belive that my masters in international business would make me way more smarter and more educated than you GED diploma you ***MOD CUT_INFRACTED***

and Im talking about this because I just ran accorss this forum if you ask me we should all mind our own business and not worry about other people

thanks
I let your first post in this thread go but if you want to continue to call large groups of people hicks and question the intelligence of others you may want put a check on your own ignorance first and learn the meaning of certain words.

You stated in your first post that we are all immigrants but an immigrant is only the actual person that moves from one country to another and not subsequent generations so you would be wrong.

We are also all high school drop outs? I don't want to hear that you have only been in this country X number of years, don't call people uneducated if you can not type a paragraph without numerous spelling and grammatical errors.

Last edited by faithfulFrank; 11-24-2010 at 03:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 05:55 AM

18 posts, read 16,498 times
hum...

Old 11-25-2010, 05:59 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
Florida, like any other place, will continue to be 'discovered' and 'rediscovered' through the ages. It's hardly over. I may be over Florida, or you may be over Florida, but trust me... we're living other peoples' dreams.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:14 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
Florida, like any other place, will continue to be 'discovered' and 'rediscovered' through the ages. It's hardly over. I may be over Florida, or you may be over Florida, but trust me... we're living other peoples' dreams.

There's definitely a tangible "Florida success/failure" rate.

Of 10 people that move in, a definite percentage just won't like it, it won't meet their expectations (often unreasonable or unfair) or won't be able to make it work economically.

I'm not sure what that % is, but maybe someday someone will do a study and figure it out.

Then again, that's probably true for all states that people want to move to.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:35 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

Of 10 people that move in, a definite percentage just won't like it, it won't meet their expectations (often unreasonable or unfair) or won't be able to make it work economically.

I'm not sure what that % is, but maybe someday someone will do a study and figure it out.

Agree with you both.
It's working for us. I feel fortunate. Will we stay here till we die? Dunno.

People migrate here and there and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
That's true, I believe, of all states.

However, Florida does have a cache all its own.
There is no place quite like Florida, and how people deal (or don't) with Florida is reflected in this forum.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:03 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

I think thats the key(expectations) If you set reasonable expections.You should be ok.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:59 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
Yeah mine!!!

Old 11-26-2010, 09:19 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
I'm so sick of pessimism. The media, the experts, and politicians tell us our best days our behind us. **** them. Florida, just like every other state, is what you want to make of it.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:53 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Florida will never be over as long as their is people with dreams and hopes for a better quality of life.

Florida seems to always be a state that rebounds from no matter what is tossed at it.

Florida offers more to people then any state in the US no matter what you like.

Sure Florida has its rough spots just like every state does but for someone to simply state it is over tells me that someone has no real clue what over means.

For those who have left Florida but continue to bash it thread after thread tells me there is something hidden behind the reasoning.

Gosh people, if you do not like Florida, did not make it in Florida, move to Florida and went home as you found it was not for you, get over it and go on with your life.

Did Florida really effect you that much that you spend all your time having constant negative thoughts in your head about Florida.

Florida did nothing to you other then give you a chance to see what living in the state has to offer.

No matter the reason you came and went Florida will go on and Florida will always find a way to survive even when many states have issues.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:48 PM

263 posts, read 889,796 times
For me Florida has just begun . In between working and daily living I am enjoying getting to know this new place. Most of my expectations have been met, both good and bad. I'm glad I did my research and did not listen to negativity. We might never have moved, and would never know what we were missing. I like our little rental, hubby likes his job, we don't have to pay for childcare, I get to see our daughter more often, and tomorrow I might take her to the beach! I miss family, but most of them have been supportive, and hopefully will visit often. There are more bugs, and groceries cost a little more, but nothing is making me want to turn around and leave. Here's to the Dream!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida