Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2006, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,580 times

Advertisements

Anyone having trouble selling in the Oviedo area. Looking to build a new home but scared to do so. I don't think that my house will sell in time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2006, 03:27 PM

1,418 posts, read 10,161,148 times
Sell in time for what? I live in Winter Springs. This is one of the hottest areas in Central Florida due to the school system and specious lot sizes. Depends where in Oviedo you are looking to build. West of Aloma has slowed down. But, UCF is getting bigger every day, and when the Barnum(sp?) Medical Center is built, I think everything on that side of time will go through another little "boom".

In the past 4 years, my house has doubled in value. Now, the price seems to have stabilized, but I can't afford to move because anything in the area that I would want to move in to would cost me $200,000 more than what I could sell my present house for. Taxes and Insurance would eat me alive! So, I, like most other people in Winter Springs / Oviedo can't afford to move. And people still want to move into these areas, which means its still a hot housing market over here.

My wife and I will continue to renovate our house as needed, untill it there ain't nothing to renovate any longer. We could fix up just about anything we wanted to and get a return of almost dollar for dollar on our investment; perhaps more.

So, unless you are looking to build a house and then sell it right away, I wouldn't worry about it in the least bit. Gas prices are going down, they've found huge oil reserves in the Gulf, the housing market has cooled off in most parts of the US, and inflationary presures are dropping rappidly. Next thing you will see are significant spikes in the stock market. Then when people feel "rich" again and have some extra cash to spend, the housing market will be the very next thing to heat up. Now is a good time to invest in a good house in a good neighborhood in Seminole County. The market's a little soft, so work your best deal now. I've seen really nice houses in the Oviedo / UCF area drop from $700,000 to under $500,000 in the last year. When was the last time someone gave yo ua 29% discount on anything?

Old 09-27-2006, 09:47 AM

66 posts, read 346,115 times
I Make Sure I Sold First .market Is Slowing Who Knows What Tommorow Will Bring Go Buy Your Gut Feelings Good Luck

Old 06-20-2007, 11:05 PM

21 posts, read 127,940 times
It gives a good feeling leaving in a brand new house especially (if) what you own now is considered a shack and nothing really can be done to flip it. On the other hand allow me to agree 1,000% with Prichard on "what are you selling, how much you are selling for and what are you going to buy".
I am building now in Oviedo(live oak). I started the process 5 months ago with a base price of 516k. Now that exact floor plan in the very same community is 439k on a bit smaller lot and another subdivision just behind mine. For a difference of 5 by 10 feet of land the builder can and will rip your throat out, plus upgrade prices are totally insane. And there's probably not much you'd be able to do about it. To add a pool (50K). Hold your guard up, know well what your options are. Think think and think I tell you also with the others before you take actions.
A careless mistake might cost you a small fortune. Listen to the voice of experience.
Best of luck.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:11 PM

61 posts, read 399,566 times
What are you selling? I would love to be able to buy in Oviedo. I'm currently under contract in east TN and am looking to move back to Florida. I've got family in Geneva and like the area especially the schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida