U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 01:12 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,369,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle21 View Post
Hello, im new to the forum and my name is Michelle. I am looking for an elitist city to live in (very good schools, nice apartments, clean streets, low crime, small traffic, very good-looking people, great jobs).
Hi Michelle,
You are describing Naples! Naples has plenty of retirees, but LOTS of young, goodlooking, educated people. I love to people-watch when we visit, I swear we're in California! Slim, gorgeous, beautifully dressed and coiffed people. Lots and lots of money!

Old 09-27-2006, 01:32 PM

13 posts, read 92,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post
Hi Michelle,
You are describing Naples! Naples has plenty of retirees, but LOTS of young, goodlooking, educated people. I love to people-watch when we visit, I swear we're in California! Slim, gorgeous, beautifully dressed and coiffed people. Lots and lots of money!
Where?

You must be confused with Naples, Italy.

Old 09-27-2006, 02:16 PM

467 posts, read 1,547,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew97 View Post
I agree with the NEW PORT RICHEY poster that NPR has everything. We have reasonably priced apartments, the Gulfview Mall is close as well as Countryside Mall, we have tons of restuarants, we have 2 Wal-Marts as was mentioned, we have easy water access, we have Lang-lo Bowling Alley, Hurricane Bar, Danny's, Brendan's Pub. You can get a job at The Wing House, Buffalo Wild Wings, Hooters, or Stadium Club. The Bucs play within an easy drive. This is hands down the best place in Florida. Also, New Tampa is within an easy drive and Trinity (where all the new shopping is going up). They have a Starbucks over there and we have 3 Publix and 2 Kash-N-Kerry's. There is a Ci Ci's Pizza and a Beef o' Brady's and we are a close drive to Land O' Lakes and Wesley Chapel (the big areas everyone wants to be in). We also have USF about 25 miles away since it sounds like you like the college scene. USF is a way better school than UF because you don't have to fight traffic and you will work about a quarter as hard as your degree (they understand people have real lives besides school). And if you are into the club scene, you can go to Ybor City where they have way better clubs than Gainesville including Amphetheatre, Tantra, Calusa, and a bunch of others. Wild 98 has their radio station in our mall sometimes. And I got the paper and it said they are looking for bartenders in some places around here. And Shephard's is within an easy 30 minute drive so you can watch the bikini contest on Sunday's and party in The Wave Club on Saturday night, or drink in the hottub. If you are a model, you could go enter the bikini contest and win $500 on Sunday. Also, Hudson Beach is very close as well, it's a popular among tourist. And don't forget the Sponge Docks in Tarpon Springs where you can eat a Gyro and watch the divers. Also, Dunedin is close and they have a the Dunedin Blue Jays that play there. If you are into Go-Kart Racing and Mini-Golf, they have Stop-N-Play off of Highway 19. You can get almost anything you want off of Highway 19. There's Stacey's Buffet where you can get all you can eat for $7. They have lots of little diners where you can eat for cheap. We have tons of places on RIDGE ROAD and SR-54. They have a Sam Selzor's here, and they have Chilli's, Chi Chi's, and they just put a new Mexican place, a Chicago Pizza place, and an Outback Steakhouse in. Most apartments come with pools so you can take a dip with the friendly folks. NPR is the place everyone wants to be and it's affordable.
I never realized that having a walmart,,no,,2 walmarts and a ci ci's no less in the same town was criteria for "elite" lets not forget the all you can eat for 7 bucks. since when do these things constitute "elite"

Old 09-27-2006, 02:33 PM

10 posts, read 51,243 times
There aren't too many "elite" areas in Florida where there are no minorities or immigrants. Perhaps you should try the backwoods of Alabama,Georgia, and Mississippi.

Old 09-27-2006, 02:58 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,369,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjgsav View Post
Where?

You must be confused with Naples, Italy.
Nope, not confused. Neither are our friends who have lived there for several years and love it.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:56 PM

251 posts, read 806,761 times
Smile NPR Elite?

Michelle,
I had to laugh at the post from New Port Richey stating it was an "elitist" place to live. Having lived in New Port Richey since I was 4 years old (35 years ago) I can tell you it is not elite. It was a great place growing up here with lots of things for children to do. It has grown from the "back woods" place it use to be when State Road 54 was a dirt road but elite...not a chance. Although maybe having two Walmarts to some is elite...not to me. I don't even shop at them. If I were going to pick a place that I would consider elite I would say Sarasota, Very Nice area still and beautiful beaches! The fact does remain that Florida is the 4th fastest growing state in the US and has it's over share of immigrants ad if you want elitist places you are going to deal more with heavy traffic and increased crime. By the way Gainesville is very nice also, but not an elitist area either, it is the largest "college" area in Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle21 View Post
Hello, im new to the forum and my name is Michelle. I am looking for an elitist city to live in (very good schools, nice apartments, clean streets, low crime, small traffic, very good-looking people, great jobs). I am originally from Malibu, California, and I now live in Newport Beach but am getting out of California because I can no longer stand looking at all these minorities and immigrants. If you could help me out, it would be much appreciated.

P.S. I don't want any people coming on here and telling me dirty areas, because i already have a general idea that miami, ft. lauderdale, cape coral, and tampa are holes.

Old 09-27-2006, 04:56 PM

279 posts, read 355,473 times
michelle,

Palm Beach is the only place for you. All the common people and minorities have to be off the island by sunset. The police man the bridge 24/7...anybody not driving a 35,000 dollar car or above is refused entry.

There is lots of very rich old men so you can find a new sugar daddy quickly...I am sure they will be dazzled by your fake boobs and spray on tan.
No brain is needed, you will fit in fine, just look pretty and stay quiet.

Old 09-27-2006, 04:57 PM

6 posts, read 18,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john1963 View Post
michelle,

Palm Beach is the only place for you. All the common people and minorities have to be off the island by sunset. The police man the bridge 24/7...anybody not driving a 35,000 dollar car or above is refused entry.

There is lots of very rich old men so you can find a new sugar daddy quickly...I am sure they will be dazzled by your fake boobs and spray on tan.
No brain is needed, you will fit in fine, just look pretty and stay quiet.
Harsh...............

Old 09-27-2006, 05:11 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,385,429 times
Harsh but TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-27-2006, 05:16 PM

8,191 posts, read 28,051,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Harsh but TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed. There might also be some places left in the Dakotas where there are no minorities or immigrants.

To have even made a post like the OP was asking for harsh responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or