Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 08:04 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,757,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Just hit me...
I wonder if "michelle" is a TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!
People, I think we's been HAD!!!!!
I think you may be right, especially after reading her second post.

However, on the chance that Michelle's attitude is legitimate --- please stay in California! Your attitude is disturbing. ("Bums and child molesters all over Florida?" None in California though, huh?)

Also, your use of the word "elitist" was used incorrectly, and is a perjorative term. (Look that up). I let it go, in the effort to simply answer what I perceived to be your question. Others also answered you in good faith.
The correct definition of the term "elitist" is:
[CENTER]The belief that certain persons or members
of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by
virtue of their perceived superiority,
as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.
[/CENTER]

Your concern about the cost of living in Florida, and finding a small house or apartment indicates you are not in a superior financial position. You will not be able to afford the towns that you deem worthy, unless you are willing to live in the neighborhoods with the people you indicate are beneath you.

Your misuse of the word "elitist" indicates you are not in a superior intellectual position. You don't know anyone in Florida, so you have no superior social status. You are already looking down your nose at the residents of Florida for being non-white, too old, low-lifes.

Therefore, perhaps I cut you more slack than you deserved. Clearly, you are not a superior class, you seem to have no class.

I question if YOU are good enough for Florida. Michelle, last bit of advice - you would hate Florida. You and "your girlies" should stay where you are.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:22 AM

6 posts, read 21,284 times
That was really good. Don't mess with Adream. Adding a rep point.

Florida is great, but not because of what this joker is looking for. I spend half the year here. Have all kinds of friends, some that are "non-white." So what. Judging people for their ethnic background is stupid. You miss out on great fishing buddies + great food if you do. I can spend half the year here because I've done well with my business. You'd never know it to look at me. Suits me fine since there are predators like Michelle trolling the waters. It seems I made a pun. I agree, stay out of my Florida.

John1963 was right after all.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:39 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,190,369 times
Of course she's a troll! But, that's what makes this fun sometimes. I have no problem indulging a troll every now and then. Besides he-she raises a good topic. More eloquently phrased, some people might want to know where the very wealthy and exclusive areas in Florida would be.

The fact is that all of the areas mentioned have some very exclusive areas. Stuart is another often forgotten "exclusive" area. There are probably more wealthy areas in Florida than any other state, including California.

FWIW, Malibu is far from paridise. It is a tinderbox that goes up in flames with the stroke of a match. It's brown and the foliage looks dead most of the time. It is prone to mudslides, and difficult to get insurance there. The beaches are packed with surfer-wana-bees. The water is freezing cold. Most people you meet in Malibu claim they have way more money and wealth than they actually do. Many are in debt up to their eyeballs. This little he-she, "Michelle" who thinks she has some idea of what "elite" is, is way out in left field. In fact, it sounds more like "stirpper talk" to me.

But, then again, what do I know?

Old 09-28-2006, 08:41 AM

88 posts, read 413,805 times
Assuming this is a legit request, but poorly phrased, I offer the following. . . I came from Newport Beach to Florida this year. To determin a comprable area in Florida I would have to know what part of Newport Beach you lived in - Balboa, East Bluff, or off Superior. Each has a different atmosphere. Me I found Boca Raton and Delray to be nice, but finally settled in Tequesta, which is the other side of Jupiter. I would also suggest Coral Gables or Coconut Grove (but not for me) in Miami or Naples on the West coast.

There really is no such thing as bad traffic here in Florida if you are coming from So Cal. Generally, you will earn more money in a professional job the closer to Miami / Lauderdale you are.

The strange thing about Florida is the neighborhoods are in pockets. You can be on one street and it is very nice, go two streets over and it's not so nice to the eye.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:08 AM

75 posts, read 269,822 times
michelle
I have lived in Florida my whole life....it is growing quickly....and in all honesty
I don't think you will find what you are looking for......Gainesville would be a culture shock (except for the college). South Florida is very expensive..so bring plenty of money.....as far as jobs...Florida does not pay well..
just type in a city and state on the web and you should be able to find out
all the demographics on that particular area......as far as "immigrants"
you will be around them at some time or another.....that is just the way it is.
You sound best fitted to stay in California.... as far as housing---it is cheaper..then California...apartment maybe--but a home???? insurance
because of hurricanes is unbelievable....hope this helps you....
just search the demographics...you may change your mind....

Old 09-28-2006, 11:44 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Maybe Michelle needs elitist clients?

Old 09-28-2006, 02:18 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,151,799 times
Michelle
you really should check out Naples too because there are quite a few wealthy older dudes down there and they can sing:

[lyrics cut out - copyrights]

Last edited by Administrator; 09-28-2006 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: lyrics cut out - copyrights

Old 09-28-2006, 02:25 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Don't blaspheme my Beatles Shrek!

Old 09-28-2006, 02:50 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
I don't think Michelle would enjoy the stoney and rocky beaches of the French Riviera.
[nitpick]
Antibes (on the Riviera) actually has a very nice sandy beach.
[/nitpick]

Despite the trolling, this actually was an informative and entertaining thread.
I've only been in northwest Florida for eleven months, and I've visited Miami, the Keys, Boca Raton, Sarasota, and Captiva, but that's about it.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:25 PM

25 posts, read 117,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle21 View Post
im looking for a place to live -- how is that "stirring stuff up" -- i think some of you have nothing better to do than look for conflict on the internet with some of the comments I read -- others, thank you for your help!

It sounds like if I want an elitist town without the majority of older population I am going to have to look at Gainesville -- but places like this boca raton interest me -- naples sounds kind of boring -- i basically want a place with the finest restaurants, best looking people, super-low crime, high-class people, majority of people caucasion, clean streets, top notch landscaping with beautiful palms, no bums running around, and great paying jobs that are easy to get (modelling, investment firms, real estate, etc.), and little traffic. thats what im looking for. and if i can have this with a lower housing cost that would be even better.

also, does boca raton, and those other towns have low-life in them?? i heard there were bums and child molesters all over florida and that is what im trying to stay away from.

to all the elitists and other people that responded positively, thank you

what is the cost of living like in south florida compared to northern florida?? if i brought a couple of my girlies what is it like for a small house or apartment??

Michelle, myself as a Realtor that cannot discriminate, will tell you that Florida is not the place for you. The ritzy areas in Florida are not exclusively caucasian, because luckily our state has great sports players that call us home, many rap stars, latin stars & international super-rich individuals. I have been blessed to grow up in a true international metropolis with the best looking, refined individuals from all walks of life & representing many countries. Florida is a true representative of our country as a nation of immigrants. And honestly Michelle unless you are Native American, I am sure I can retrace your hertiage to some boat load of immigrants.

Our top notch job growth areas for Real Estate, Modeling & Investments are in Minority Rich areas, where you would be competing for jobs with hot latinas, cultured sisters & european socialites. Alabama is good choice for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida