Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 07:05 PM

326 posts, read 467,665 times

Advertisements

the other night, I was looking at condominiums in the fort lauderdale area and found numerous reasonally and even cheaper priced condos, some for sale for as low as 20 to 30 grand! i am assuming somebody has never heard of realtor.com before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 07:11 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,808,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton1 View Post
the other night, I was looking at condominiums in the fort lauderdale area and found numerous reasonally and even cheaper priced condos, some for sale for as low as 20 to 30 grand! i am assuming somebody has never heard of realtor.com before?
Yeah, 20 to 30 grand a month in some areas...

I have seen you come on here and become overly optimistic about the price of real estate in an area you seem to have little familiarity with.Also, I don't know if you are aware of this, but Fort Lauderdale does indeed have a high violent crime rate in many areas, and you aren't going to be buying anything for 30 grand in an area you would want to live in, let alone a property you would want to live in. This is very troublesome that you are setting this area as "paradise". Believe me, you are setting yourself up for disappointment when you discover that Fort Lauderdale has many of the same problems as where you are coming from, some much worse. If you feel it is a practical move for you, and make over 60 thousand dollars a year, then yes,greater Fort Lauderdale can be a dynamic, fun and even safe place to live. But Fort Lauderdale still isn't what you are setting it up in your head as, no matter how much money you make. No, it's not quite as bad down here as some might make it out to be, but it isn't rosy sunshine.

If you really want a warm climate,friendly people and AFFORDABLE COSTS, please look into north Florida. It would be much, much more realistic in your situation.

Care to share the links from realtor.com?

Last edited by compelled to reply; 10-07-2007 at 07:20 PM..

Old 10-07-2007, 07:27 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,165,081 times
Quote:
Just as an experiment give me the address of something you have seen and I will take a look and see what it is. I can tell you now though, it will be something probably off Sunrise blvd. and a place you would be afraid to even drive over to to look at much less live in. But lets see, I won't BS you I will tell you the truth about what it is.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:16 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,881,808 times
Quote:
Something tells me that what you're seeing for 20 to 30 grand is a timeshare!!And if they're really was a condo in Ft.Lauderdale for that price I would seriously be afraid for my safety to even go see it since I've seen some for $200,000 that weren't in the greatest areas so I could just imagine one for $30,000.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:56 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,631,240 times
I had a condo on a high floor at Vantage View in Ft Lauderdale. Nice place. Pool on the roof. 80 G's for a 2/2

That was in 1980 heh

Old 10-08-2007, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Yeah, 20 to 30 grand a month in some areas...
Fort Lauderdale does indeed have a high violent crime rate in many areas, and you aren't going to be buying anything for 30 grand in an area you would want to live in, let alone a property you would want to live in.
i don't know where you have been going to be experiencing high violent crime rates, but i have surfed that crime comparison website and in 2005, chicago, like, grossly beat out fort lauderdale on murder, rape, robbery, assault, and grand theft auto in per capita rates. believe me, i have been through neighborhoods that are even worse than miami! in fact, i even emailed a realtor that had one of those sub $30,000 condos and she honestly said it was for sale at that price! and those listings even show you how much the payment is per month and a lot of those condos had monthly payments below $200 a month! (not $200,000, but $200!) by the way, i also know what a bad neighborhood looks like!

Old 10-08-2007, 01:53 AM

[quote=macguy;1676057]Just as an experiment give me the address of something you have seen and I will take a look and see what it is.QUOTE]

here are a couple of them, most of them with multiple units. 600 and 610 west las olas blvd, fort lauderdale, 8950 sunrise lakes blvd, sunrise, 2854 nw 55th avenue, lauderhill.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:50 AM

1,669 posts, read 6,216,928 times
Quote:
here are a couple of them, most of them with multiple units. [b]600 and 610 west las olas blvd, fort lauderdale
That is the address of The Symphony. Anything you saw for sale under $30,000 there is a storage unit, parking space, or boat slip. Small 1 bedrooms go for well over $300k.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:34 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,165,081 times
[quote=triton1;1678101]
Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
Just as an experiment give me the address of something you have seen and I will take a look and see what it is.QUOTE]

here are a couple of them, most of them with multiple units. 600 and 610 west las olas blvd, fort lauderdale, 8950 sunrise lakes blvd, sunrise, 2854 nw 55th avenue, lauderhill.
I think you may have misread the ad, $30,000 may have been to lease a place for the season.
Fort Lauderdale Real Estate, Flagler Village Lofts, Fort Lauderdale Condominiums, Pre Construction, Oceanfront Homes, Beth Daly

The other although I have not seen it and don't plan on driving over there, might not be bad if you enjoy drive by shootings. Some of those places were former tenements that they are now selling the apartments as condos.

Last edited by macguy; 10-08-2007 at 04:49 AM..

Old 10-08-2007, 06:37 AM

355 posts, read 1,400,363 times
a lot of cheap places you will find will be 55+ communities if they are cheaper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida