Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 01:06 PM

396 posts, read 399,542 times

Advertisements

I am so sick and tired of all the complaining about Florida. There are two types of people in Florida: those who move into the state and hate it b/c they can't cope with the change, and those who move into the state and make it a better place.

My recommendation is to plug yourself into stuff you like to do: groups, memberships, clubs, churches, committees, etc... And find out where all the stuff you need/like/want is located. If you don't see what you want, make it yourself. If there's extra, sell it for a profit. For crying out loud, get a grip!

Old 10-08-2007, 01:54 PM

672 posts, read 905,468 times
Default Impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by grew-up-3rd-culture View Post
I am so sick and tired of all the complaining about Florida. There are two types of people in Florida: those who move into the state and hate it b/c they can't cope with the change, and those who move into the state and make it a better place.

My recommendation is to plug yourself into stuff you like to do: groups, memberships, clubs, churches, committees, etc... And find out where all the stuff you need/like/want is located. If you don't see what you want, make it yourself. If there's extra, sell it for a profit. For crying out loud, get a grip!
My family isn't here. I cannot make the leaves change color or the snow fall from the sky.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:05 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,086,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMom72 View Post
My family isn't here. I cannot make the leaves change color or the snow fall from the sky.
It's not like those factors should have been surprises.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:10 PM

199 posts, read 219,928 times
Quote:
Okay, we hear that. One day you will move back to your beloved snow country. But until then instead of posting how bad it is all the time on this forum, why not volunteer with poor kids or neglected animals?

It would seem to me that if I were stuck in a situation that made me that unhappy, I would find a way to fill every waking minute doing something positive. That would make the time go faster and help those less fortunate.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:11 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,248,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunandsand View Post
Okay, we hear that. One day you will move back to your beloved snow country. But until then instead of posting how bad it is all the time on this forum, why not volunteer with poor kids or neglected animals?
You don't have to live in Florida to do that.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:14 PM

199 posts, read 219,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
You don't have to live in Florida to do that.
Wow, I think you missed the entire point. This lady is on here all the time, obviously unhappy, obviously enough idle time to post a lot.

I suggested that UNTIL she can move back to where she wants to, she fill her time stuck in Florida (her words) helping others.

The entire point was that she could do something positive until she is able to move out of state. In past posts, she has stated she will eventually be able to move but can not right now.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:15 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,359 times
grew-up-3rd-culture, hey if you read through the posts its always the people that can't make it that complain. My grandmother always used to say the Strong survive and the weak parish...nothings changed
Money changes everything and always will, its a ***** when you can't work at dennys and make it in Fla...lol
Florida is a great state, I leave for business reasons but always come back...buying in Daytona in the Oceans 13 section....love it!

Old 10-08-2007, 02:16 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,490,239 times
Quote:
I hear you on that, For me it went farther. I had health problems. The heat would make it worse. I specifically had problems with my B/P it would suddenly drop Not just a little drop but a HUGE drop, 59/32 to be exact. For me Florida summers ment I felt like how you do when you stand up too fast and get that woozy feeling.. I felt like that ALL the time.. The heat made the blood pool in my legs, I wore compression stockings but it didnt' help as the heat was too much and overpowering. I had to move to a cool climate just to be able to survive. I once didn't leave my house for 3 months in Florida because I felt so sick when I did.. I am no longer able to work as my condition has declined in the past couple years (at the ripe age of 24) we have no choice to survive on one salary.. My husband is a police officer.. You do the math

There were were other reasons also like watching my town be built up and demolished into a concreate "paradise" and the high housing prices and well a lot of stuff. No season changes, no feeling of community. You know what I'm talking bout Hockeymom , you live in my previous city of evil

Old 10-08-2007, 02:17 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,191,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grew-up-3rd-culture View Post

You left out those born here and those who have been here like 30 or 40 years and seen the place disintegrate.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:25 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
Yes us natives who have had to be here while people from all over trashed our state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida