Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:48 AM

975 posts, read 3,731,074 times

Advertisements

Apparently some on here don't. Instead, they believe that illegal immigration is the biggest threat facing us.

Not an out of control war that's draining the nation's coffers and taking countless lives. Not global warming. Not the dollar's decline.

Illegal aliens.

Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
I am amazed people don't believe in global warming.

Have not followed Al Gore, so can't comment on him.

But people out there really do not believe global warming is occuring?

Wow.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:01 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:

Wow.
Of course it is, why is the question. And can we actually have any real affect one way or another. I tend to think our contribution is minimal at best and there is little we can do about it. However, whatever we do will make the planet a better place for us. It would certainly be better if we didn't destroy our own resources and poison everything. Population is the planets biggest problem and it will have to at some point, correct it's self with a plague or something.

Something that wipes out like 2/3 of the worlds population in one big swoop. Like it or not, we are just another part of nature regardless of our arrogance to think we even matter on this planet. It could wipe us out altogether and something else become the dominant species. We don't really matter much in the grand scheme of things.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Ten

163 posts, read 334,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
May I remind everyone here that Al Gore just received the Nobel Prize. Ahem.
Heh. So did Jimmah Carter and Yassir Arafat...

Old 10-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Ten

Quote:

Wow.
AGW has been thoroughly debunked. It's a myth and the references and cites and evidence are all over.

Natural GW, on the other hand, is cyclical and we're approaching a period of sharp decline.

The Earth's only heat engine is the Sun, which cycles. It's CO2 engine is the sea, which cycles. Water vapor is the overwhelming greenhouse gas and man has zip to do with that. Man's contribution to GW is therefore virtually nil.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
Apparently some on here don't. Instead, they believe that illegal immigration is the biggest threat facing us.
Why have borders if not to enforce them?

Quote:
Not an out of control war that's draining the nation's coffers and taking countless lives.
The "war" is over...that's why it's not making the news. We won. As to countless lives, this action is the single most effective use of resources in history and has a higher kill ratio than any substantial action in history. I happen to believe brown non-Americans have the right to life too. I also think destabilizing the powderkeg known as the ME is wise.

Quote:
Not global warming.
AGW has been amply proven to be a myth.

Quote:
Not the dollar's decline.
Which is, actually, a huge issue. Chalk it up to decades of phoney money. Greenspan went a little too far. If you want to not trust your government, which I'd always recommend, that's a perfectly valid place to start: Monetary policy and the central banks.

Anyway, this isn't a political board. So back to topic: Fl homes are perfectly safe, at least as much as they can be in hurricane alley.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:21 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten View Post
The "war" is over...that's why it's not making the news. We won. As to
Anyway, this isn't a political board. So back to topic: Fl homes are perfectly safe, at least as much as they can be in hurricane alley.
US men & women died yesterday in Iraq. They will die today. And they will die tommorow. It is not over. The "war" is being lived by countless thousands of soldiers & their families. I lived through my own personal hell while my husband was over there. It is forgotten b/c the media is bored by it. But, like you said, it is for a political forum.

FL homes are pretty safe, actually. Codes are very strict in FL. Too bad the inside of most of the newer homes are such crap, though.

And as a poster stated, we humans are minut in the big picture. It is a shame though that we have contributed to the destruction of natural resources.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:26 PM

975 posts, read 3,731,074 times
Well ok, we "won" the Iraq war and global warming is completely natural, despite the vast majority of scientific opinion.

But this is not a political board, so I'll stop.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:44 PM

467 posts, read 1,691,754 times
seems to me global warming is natural for the most part. If it werent we should still be in the ice age. Unless cars and factories and such were messing up the atmosphere back then too.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Ten

Quote:
US men & women died yesterday in Iraq. They will die today. And they will die tommorow. It is not over. The "war" is being lived by countless thousands of soldiers & their families. I lived through my own personal hell while my husband was over there. It is forgotten b/c the media is bored by it. But, like you said, it is for a political forum.
Of course, and the comment wasn't to diminish any of that, not at all. The point is that rhetoric is an interesting thing. The posting I replied to was wailing about the eternal Iraq quagmire and "countless" lives lost and all the other rubbish the mainstream media spins for both profit and political leverage.

When in fact -- notwithstanding the terrible price paid by thousands -- the effort when viewed through the lens of history is absolutely anything but.

People will die all over the highways, the hospital wards, and the workplace just today because of other people acting badly. At some point, however, a noble and just people need to go and prevent atrocities from occurring. We did and it's not the utter failure so many would have us believe, just to serve their agendas.

[/politics]

Old 10-17-2007, 03:15 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times
Lets get back to the topic and how is affecting Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida