U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 09:03 AM

3,241 posts, read 3,839,793 times
Default Disney Florida Resident Deal 3 Days $119 or 4 Days $129

As usual, Disney always has a deal for Florida Residents at the beginning of the year. Last year it was 3 days for $99, this year is 3 days for $119 or 4 days for $129. If you have ever been to Disney you know this is a good deal. Same price for child or adult, over 18 must show evidence of residency. Tickets are 1 park per day... You can pay extra for Park Hopper tickets.

Details can be found below. The only time we go to Disney is when they are having this deal... otherwise it's just too much!

Walt Disney World® Ticket Store
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 AM

315 posts, read 247,257 times
lol there is a reason that 4th day is only $10 more, after three days of that crap you are basically done. Marginal value has diminished to 0.00

Old 01-09-2013, 12:05 PM

Good thing about those passes is that you you do not have to use them on consecutive days. Just before June 7... I believe. There are black out dates around Spring Break, FYI.

I hear ya. I always laugh at family and friends who have crazy schedules such as -

Friday Arrive - Go to Downtown Disney
Saturday - Magic Kingdom (Closes at midnight so we get out money's worth - weeeee)
Sunday - Epcot
Monday - Animal Kingdom
Tuesday - Hollywood Studios
Wednesday - Universal Orlando
Thursday - Universal Island of Adventures
Friday - Busch Gardens
Saturday - SeaWorld
Sunday - Depart back home

I always laugh at them and tell them... no way they are going to be doing all of them. I am always right. Most visitors have no clue how taxing going to a Theme Park 2 days in a row is. Especially those people who feel like they have to be there Open to Close.

Those that have come down to visit a second time have had a much more enjoyable time hanging out with us at our house, drinking getting up at 10 or 11 and doing local things.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:14 PM

19,374 posts, read 13,792,407 times
Been to DW a dozen times over the years, usually up early for the 2 hour drive from St Pete, get there for opening time and for the rest of the day its rules regulations and line ups with much walking in between, 90 degrees and all the humidity, usually by suppertime i've got a headache coming on and any exposed skin is burnt to a crisp and still have a 2 hour drive home to look forward to.
They could pay me the admission price to go to that place and i'd decline the offer.
Yeah i dont plan on ever going again as all the friends and relatives and their kids no longer need me to drive them there and their kids have grown up and no longer need me to take em..
Tomorrow will be another good day.Why?...i dont have to go to Disney world,or any other theme park for that matter.Yeah in this case i proudly proclaim i'm a hater and a basher.

Last edited by jambo101; 01-09-2013 at 03:30 PM..

Old 01-10-2013, 03:02 PM

3,474 posts, read 2,532,318 times
Disney would have to pay ME to go. And pick up the price of admission.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:47 PM

4,592 posts, read 4,639,307 times
I only go to Disney from November to March. Any other time it's just too hot. I went in December with my girlfriend she always want to for the Mickey Christmas. Left Friday around 2pm non-stop drive got us there at 5:3m the Christmas ticker is cheaper as you can't get into the park until the early evening and it is open till 12am but the park closes to most after 7:30pm. There was not one line for anything and all the cookies and hot chocolate I wanted. It was a good deal. Woke up late and had lunch in Orlando and drive back. That is how my Disney things go usually.

However if anyone has been to Disneyland in Anaheim I prefer it. It is smaller, the weather is better, the food is better, less crowds and it has more stuff even though it is smaller.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:05 PM

11,502 posts, read 7,730,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Disney would have to pay ME to go. And pick up the price of admission.

We have annual passes and go to at least one of the parks once a week and many times 3 or more times.

Christmas Day and New Eves eve at Disney was fantastic.

I can understand if you dont like to be around people and dont like to wait in line to have a blast.

Kash, last year we had a large group of family members who were here and got those deals and this year we have even a larger group coming.

Several of the younger nieces and nephews who had never been to Disney skype us all the time about they cannot wait to come to our house and swim and go to Disney.

Nothing better to see smiles on kids who are from Ohio getting to swim in January and spend 3 days at Disney for a vacation.

We have been here 20 months and have spent a lot of time at Disney and build some amazing memories.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:59 PM

1,921 posts, read 2,291,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
We have annual passes and go to at least one of the parks once a week and many times 3 or more times.

Christmas Day and New Eves eve at Disney was fantastic.

I can understand if you dont like to be around people and dont like to wait in line to have a blast.

Kash, last year we had a large group of family members who were here and got those deals and this year we have even a larger group coming.

Several of the younger nieces and nephews who had never been to Disney skype us all the time about they cannot wait to come to our house and swim and go to Disney.

Nothing better to see smiles on kids who are from Ohio getting to swim in January and spend 3 days at Disney for a vacation.

We have been here 20 months and have spent a lot of time at Disney and build some amazing memories.
Are you saying you are buying Florida passes for people who are not Florida residents? If so that is against all the rules. You can probably get your grand kids in with Florida passes; but other than that everyone has to buy regular passes. All adults have to show a Florida driver's license to prove residency.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Are you saying you are buying Florida passes for people who are not Florida residents? If so that is against all the rules. You can probably get your grand kids in with Florida passes; but other than that everyone has to buy regular passes. All adults have to show a Florida driver's license to prove residency.
I was thinking the same thing.

Thinking we may pass on these this year. Thinking about taking a family camping trip up to GA early this summer and taking the kids to Six Flags since 2 of them are now tall enough to ride every ride and the other can ride most. You can pick up a Season Pass to Six Flags that also includes their waterpark for $59!

DW's first expense was, "Why the heck are tickets so expensive in FL?". I'd have to agree!

Old 01-14-2013, 08:57 AM

1,921 posts, read 2,291,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
I was thinking the same thing.

Thinking we may pass on these this year. Thinking about taking a family camping trip up to GA early this summer and taking the kids to Six Flags since 2 of them are now tall enough to ride every ride and the other can ride most. You can pick up a Season Pass to Six Flags that also includes their waterpark for $59!

DW's first expense was, "Why the heck are tickets so expensive in FL?". I'd have to agree!
Another great place to take kids is Dollywood in East TN. My guys loved that park when they were kids. We could almost go to TN for the same price of a few day tickets to Disney during the summer.....we could go part of a day and return the next day to Dollywood and stay with Grandpa up there. They have some pretty good rides and we liked country music back then just enough to get by in the park for some of the shows. We also loved the food. It is a little more expensive to get in DW now, but still a great deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida