U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-19-2013, 10:56 AM
 
Location: St. Pete, FL
733 posts, read 1,299,887 times
Reputation: 656

Advertisements

So I'm going to be doing some exploring coming up in 1.5 months, and I'd like to check out some places. I'm encompassing dive bars, nightblubs, and beach bars into this list, just as long as you think they are cool enough to check out.

I'm more interested on information for these cities:

Tampa
St. Pete
Orlando
Sarasota

but also these as well:

Fort Lauderdale
Miami
Key West

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-19-2013, 09:18 PM
 
Location: Florida
589 posts, read 745,334 times
Reputation: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo384 View Post
So I'm going to be doing some exploring coming up in 1.5 months, and I'd like to check out some places. I'm encompassing dive bars, nightblubs, and beach bars into this list, just as long as you think they are cool enough to check out.

I'm more interested on information for these cities:

Tampa
St. Pete
Orlando
Sarasota

but also these as well:

Fort Lauderdale
Miami
Key West

Thanks!
No question in Orlando, it's the Parliament House, on OBT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2013, 06:42 AM
 
21,185 posts, read 30,343,833 times
Reputation: 19590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
No question in Orlando, it's the Parliament House, on OBT
The Parliament House is large, but kind of old and tired. There are a number of better quality bars in the state. Here's a few:

Score in South Beach/Miami (love this place)
SCORE | 727 Lincoln Road | Miami Beach, FL 33139

Twist in South Beach/Miami
Twist South Beach

Discotekka in downtown Miami
Discotekka | Miami Downtown | Every Saturday the Best in Town

The Manor in Wilton Manors/Ft Lauderdale
The Manor : Restaurant - Ultra Lounge - Nightclub

Georgie's Alibi in Wilton Manors/Ft Lauderdale
Georgie's Alibi-Wilton Manors, FL - Home of the Best Burger in Broward County!

G Bar in Tampa/Ybor City
G.Bar About Us

The Castle in Tampa/Ybor City
Home

The Flamingo in St Pete
Flamingo Resort and Entertainment Complex

Aqua in Key West
http://www.aquakeywest.com/

As a native Floridian who knows the gay scene pretty well (gay male), for best selection and concentration of quality bars I would say Wilton Manors first, followed by South Beach and then Ybor City in Tampa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2013, 08:02 AM
 
15,184 posts, read 31,126,156 times
Reputation: 18354
Sarasota is just a small city compared to the others, but it does have a lively LGBT community here, and THROB Nightclub.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2013, 09:29 AM
 
76 posts, read 96,122 times
Reputation: 63
I am sure google may be a better source of this info than city data
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2013, 02:42 PM
 
21,185 posts, read 30,343,833 times
Reputation: 19590
Quote:
Originally Posted by burbdweller View Post
I am sure google may be a better source of this info than city data
Why, are gay people now not allowed to use City Data?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2013, 03:28 PM
 
76 posts, read 96,122 times
Reputation: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Why, are gay people now not allowed to use City Data?
They are allowed. But considering how few gays there are here, they would be better served by googling it.

It would be like if I asked in here where the best place to buy meth was...

Epic fail of finding "target audience"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2013, 03:34 PM
 
21,185 posts, read 30,343,833 times
Reputation: 19590
Quote:
Originally Posted by burbdweller View Post
They are allowed. But considering how few gays there are here, they would be better served by googling it.

It would be like if I asked in here where the best place to buy meth was...

Epic fail of finding "target audience"
Really? I'm gay and find your correlation between asking about gay bars and where to buy "meth" at best rude/condescending. And how exactly would you know who is gay here and who is not? Do you have some methodology at work indicating such? Or perhaps we all normally have rainbow flags in profiles or gay-obvious usernames in your experience??? Speaking of epic fails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2013, 03:49 PM
 
76 posts, read 96,122 times
Reputation: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Really? I'm gay and find your correlation between asking about gay bars and where to buy "meth" at best rude/condescending. And how exactly would you know who is gay here and who is not? Do you have some methodology at work indicating such? Or perhaps we all normally have rainbow flags in profiles or gay-obvious usernames in your experience??? Speaking of epic fails.
Why dont you ask the question on a gay forum, you will have better response than asking the 99% straight audience here.

Also, like I said, are gay people not allowed to use Google? I think not... google is smarter than city data
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2013, 04:55 PM
 
4,988 posts, read 7,304,731 times
Reputation: 7961
Quote:
Originally Posted by burbdweller View Post
They are allowed. But considering how few gays there are here, they would be better served by googling it.

It would be like if I asked in here where the best place to buy meth was...

Epic fail of finding "target audience"
I'm gay as well, I imagine there is a rather sizeable gay population on these forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top