Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gay Marriage in Florida
Yes, it should be legal 62 79.49%
No, Im againt it 16 20.51%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 07:55 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,267,639 times

Advertisements

80% for yes... that is massive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 06:32 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,963,110 times
I vote yes .. Marriage is not just between a man and a woman.. It's between two people who are in love, man and man ,woman and woman ,or man and woman. What we need to do is get God out of the equation because as far as I can see we are married here on Earth not some alternate supernatural universe with invisible people judging us for who we love. Maybe that's the sensible way to look at it though.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:52 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenaZ28 View Post
As a disabled veteran who took one for the team, my perspective on freedom in this country drastically changed. I'm married, heterosexual, with kids and don't think the institute of marriage is under attack. Try a FOB in the suck of somewhere-stan and you'll know what under attack really is. I'm not out to join any of their groups anytime soon but this country stands for freedom and some bleed and die for it - 2,179 last counted in Afghanistan. We all deserve the happiness of freedom and choice - anyone who disagrees hates this country and is an enemy of the state. Period.
First of all thank you for your service and I think you put things in perspective. Could you imagine that one of the troops that you served in combat was gay and served his nation honorably but do to this marriage inequality he wouldn't be entitled to the same benefits you currently enjoy? He's not allowed to get married so his significant other due to bigotry denies his partner & possibly their kids if they have any healthcare,housing assistance ,life insurance benefits,etc. A gay military vet comes home to almost being treated like a second class citizen while trying to liberate others in other nations. It reeks of pure discrimination while the bigots debate the "defenition of marriage". Once again thank you for your service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida