Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 11:25 PM

33 posts, read 230,935 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, I live on Long Island right now. But it's getting too expensive to live here. I work for the Post Office so I can put in for a transfer. I have a friend who moved to Palm Coast. I was wondering on a whole is it a good place to move to and invest the time and money for me and my wife to start a family down there. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2006, 10:39 PM

Does anyone live here live or know any info on Palm Coast?

Old 04-03-2006, 06:16 PM

5 posts, read 27,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike98WS6
Hey everyone, I live on Long Island right now. But it's getting too expensive to live here. I work for the Post Office so I can put in for a transfer. I have a friend who moved to Palm Coast. I was wondering on a whole is it a good place to move to and invest the time and money for me and my wife to start a family down there. Thanks in advance!
My family just moved from Florida to Georgia. I love it here and the schools are great! Let me know if you are interested in real estate in Georgia. Large homes for low $$$. Real Estate is great here. Let me know if I can show you and your family around. I was born in Hempstead Long Island and the taxes my mom pays is Georgia mortgage on a 160,000 home...Roma

Old 04-03-2006, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo
My family just moved from Florida to Georgia. I love it here and the schools are great! Let me know if you are interested in real estate in Georgia. Large homes for low $$$. Real Estate is great here. Let me know if I can show you and your family around. I was born in Hempstead Long Island and the taxes my mom pays is Georgia mortgage on a 160,000 home...Roma
Thanks for the reply. I see alot of Long Islanders moving down south. I'm more interested in FL though. Thanks for the offer.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:17 AM

6 posts, read 31,854 times
Hi Roma

Where in Georgia are you talking about? how is the coast?

Old 04-09-2006, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 7,126 times
I just sold my house in Palm Coast. I will be leaving soon it is a nice place but not for me you can get a great house for a good price and the schools are fine not like Bellmore or Wantagh, and try to get in the new high school

Old 04-09-2006, 07:06 PM

1 posts, read 7,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike98WS6
You don't understand.

Yankees are more than welcome to come and visit Mickey Mouse at Walt Disney World, provided you spend lots of money, and promise to go home after a week. Don't get us wrong, we love the fact that you come here, and relieve us of having to pay state income taxes by paying all those hotel taxes. Thank you very much!

But that's it. Anything else is not tolerated, and you will not be welcome.

You will come to understand what the "War of Northern Aggression" was about like no textbook ever explained to you. You will be treated as an invader to a defeated nation, because that's exactly what you are. You will live your life here under constant scrutiny and distrust.

And heaven forbid if you're not a Southern Baptist. Prepare yourself for religious pursecution like you've never felt before. "Resistance is futile - you will be assimilated."

If your politics run toward the moderate or liberal side of Conservative Republican, either keep your mouth shut, or move to Dade county (Miami). Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity are icons here. Even George Bush is too liberal for most of us. There's "Reagan Republican," and then there are the rest of the scumb-bags that inhabit the earth, undermining democracy with every breath.

One more bit of advice... don't drink the "sweet tea."

Old 04-09-2006, 10:16 PM

I guess what your trying to say is don't drink the water down in Florida.

Old 04-09-2006, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyd
I just sold my house in Palm Coast. I will be leaving soon it is a nice place but not for me you can get a great house for a good price and the schools are fine not like Bellmore or Wantagh, and try to get in the new high school
I went to school in Wantagh. I know about the schools here. I guess you weren't totally happy in Palm Coast it seems.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:18 PM

1 posts, read 7,122 times
Thumbs up Living in Palm Coast

I lived in the New York suburbs where I was active in real estate for 25 years. I also lived in New Smyra Beach, Daytona Beach and moved to Palm Coast. We also lived in Portland Oregon and Los Angeles.

I am retired and do not have anything to sell you. I just want you to know that Palm Coast is the nicest place we have lived and I will tell you why.
The preplanning of the community made it attractive. The setting for our home is unique. All the homes around us are well maintained and keep our home looking good. All the neighbors are friendly and we try to look out for each other while still maintaining our privacy. There are walking trails, many golf courses, we are a short distance from the Ladies Professional Golf Assoc. headquarters and the Professional Golfers Association headquarters. We are a few minutes from the beach, not far from Disney, the Daytona Race Track, Marineland and the first village in America at St. Augustine which is a fun tourist city and a great place to shop. We belong to a car club and show our car at shows around the area and mostly in Jacksonville.

The entrance to Palm Coast is enticing with ponds and fountains and wide boulevards which will lead you past attractive buildings and golf courses to our home. The commercial buildings are set back so the main roads are not overpowered as in most towns with unnatractive stores.
We have not experienced this quality in an affordable area anywhere else in the country.
Oregon was nice except for the rain and the cold plus the weather was given according to your elevation and you could experience several weather patterns just driving into town.
We have warm mornings, afternoon showers and air conditioned homes.
It is so nice we suffer from growth and are trying to cope with the changes of that growth. Our home has been increasing in value each year beyond our expectations. There is housing in all price ranges.
We have sections where all the streets start with one letter of the alphabet so you always know where you are.
Although I am retired, my wife works and has an exciting position with good compensation.
We would not want to live anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida