Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 11:23 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times

Advertisements

I just can't call this one. It all depends on what the Cartel running the Federal Reserve does. Push up the interest rate and prices will fall to 1990's levels. Print more money and inflation will keep property prices high. Why don't we just get rid of the Federal Reserve and let the market dictate prices?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 12:51 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
Pending election year with sure Dem wins in almost everything
is going to rock the market too.
We are counting on it .......keep 'em dropping !
I wouldnt be so sure about that, the dems approval ratings are the worst in our history at 11%.

The the dems win the Whitehouse and still have control of both houses we will see Jimmy Carter type interest rates on mortgages and repeal of the current tax breaks we all got with spell a disaster.

I believe the market in Florida will continue to drop in prices until mid 09 range and will come back some on the coastal areas, but it will not ever get to this false values again.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:08 PM

364 posts, read 1,112,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
but it will not ever get to this false values again.
Not saying they will go to the same values but to think the possiblity is not there is nonsense. People will continue to want to buy houses that they cannot afford, this bubble burst is not because people got a shot of commonsense. The only thing stopping them right now is that banks see this was a bad way to do business. But dont think for a minute that greed will not get the better of the banks eventually when the dust settles from this mess. The investors(flippers) who drove those values can eventually come back also. It can happen again

Old 10-28-2007, 08:14 PM

199 posts, read 219,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
I wouldnt be so sure about that, the dems approval ratings are the worst in our history at 11%.

The the dems win the Whitehouse and still have control of both houses we will see Jimmy Carter type interest rates on mortgages and repeal of the current tax breaks we all got with spell a disaster.

I believe the market in Florida will continue to drop in prices until mid 09 range and will come back some on the coastal areas, but it will not ever get to this false values again.
Wow, there are still people that play Rep. vs Dems? After the last 7 years of record personal and government debt? Where the future of America has been transferred to the top 1/10th of 1 %?

And the Dems are going to be a disaster? News flash...the wealth transfer is complete, all us peons have left is the bill.

Hillary is a fool to run for 2008, whoever wins is going to be left with a mess that can only be fixed by a depression. I pray a Republican wins in 2008. Let them take the blame for what is coming.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:29 AM

364 posts, read 1,112,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunandsand View Post
Wow, there are still people that play Rep. vs Dems? After the last 7 years of record personal and government debt? Where the future of America has been transferred to the top 1/10th of 1 %?

And the Dems are going to be a disaster? News flash...the wealth transfer is complete, all us peons have left is the bill.

Hillary is a fool to run for 2008, whoever wins is going to be left with a mess that can only be fixed by a depression. I pray a Republican wins in 2008. Let them take the blame for what is coming.
OMG come on. Another thing that has to be blamed on George Bush. I am not a George Bush fan after the mess he has created overseas but to keep blaming him for everything let it go or as most democrats put it "move on".

The president has almost no power to control the economy. The downturn is not anymore his fault than the upturn after Clinton left was.

Also a depression is not going to fix this mess most economic downturns were fixed by war.

Anyway to put this post back track. Is anyone else seeing any more positive signs. I have seen more sold signs. I also had 4 offers on the house I am selling. Economy fixed, no, but like the title of this thread positive signs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida