Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 02:42 PM

548 posts, read 540,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANewChapter View Post
oh my, I hate the cold! I live in Wisconsin and grew up half here and half in Indiana...though I guess WI more so...anyway, I remember having to walk a mile to school when it was -20 and it was super windy, and of course as a not so smart 13 year old I left the house with wet hair. I remember that by the time I got to school my face was beat red and my hair was rock hard ice. Pretty much my worst memory of the cold. I'm SO happy to say I am moving to Florida in 2.5 months! yay! I HATE the cold and would much rather be sweating because I'm hot! haha Plus I love wearing flip-flops all year round, but my poor feet freeze in the winter up here!
You are bringing back some awful memories! We grew up in PA and OH. I remember slogging through snow to get to school. The dry and itchy cheeks, the constantly running nose. Same thing as you with the hair, I would run out just after showering to get to school and the hair would freeze in a minute!

Enjoy your move to Florida. We are going on 6 years now in south FL. and love every minute of it.

Flip flops, shorts, and a T-shirt year round, you are going to love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 11:40 PM

217 posts, read 879,099 times
What I don't understand is people complaining about the warmer weather in Florida during the winter months. When I moved down here, I knew that the weather would not be like upstate New York. I just don't get people complaining about something you can't change.

On a personal note, I hated the cold weather back home. I had horrible sinus infections when I lived in NY. People say that the hot weather makes people cranky. Well the cold, snowy, dreary weather brings out the worst in people too. Also, when it's cold and cloudy, some the older upstate cities look very depressing.

But if alot of people from the south moved to New York and complained about the cold weather, I would say...well, it's New York. What do you expect?

Old 11-20-2007, 05:16 AM

75 posts, read 474,718 times
They got to have something else besides the economy to complain about... It's been grey, gloomy, and cold the last few days... And the real winter didn't even start yet... Yesterday we had a light dusting of snow and everybody forgets how to drive... I was actually late for work because everyone decided to drive like a moron... This is for the birds IMO...

Old 11-20-2007, 07:32 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJFlorida View Post
You are bringing back some awful memories! We grew up in PA and OH. I remember slogging through snow to get to school. The dry and itchy cheeks, the constantly running nose. Same thing as you with the hair, I would run out just after showering to get to school and the hair would freeze in a minute!

Enjoy your move to Florida. We are going on 6 years now in south FL. and love every minute of it.

Flip flops, shorts, and a T-shirt year round, you are going to love it!
Gosh, dont tell the doomers this, you are actually enjoying it in Florida! the place with all the crime, hurricanes, poor economy, rude people, COL etc etc.

Flip flops, shorts and T's omg, I am on my way.....

Old 11-20-2007, 07:43 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,905,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Gosh, dont tell the doomers this, you are actually enjoying it in Florida! the place with all the crime, hurricanes, poor economy, rude people, COL etc etc.

Flip flops, shorts and T's omg, I am on my way.....
Floridabound are you still dreaming about moving here. This would be the best time to do it. Its nice outside today.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:07 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,489,855 times
This is why I moved up north
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0281.jpg (broken link)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0250.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-20-2007, 08:29 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,440,043 times
THAT is why I left! lol

Old 11-20-2007, 08:35 AM

548 posts, read 540,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
THAT is why I left! lol
Me too! Those pictures of the cold damp gray sky, no leaves, no flowers, bulky clothes are stark reminders of why we moved to Florida.

I got chilled and depressed just looking at them. Reminds me of so many wasted cold months up north. I think we will head down to the beach after work and take a nice, long family walk!

Old 11-20-2007, 08:55 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
I have lived in south Florida my whole life and that "snow" doesn't look that bad to me. It's nice to see people wearing bulky clothes instead of at a Florida beach where bulky people wear next to no clothes. Now THAT is depressing!

Old 11-20-2007, 08:58 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,905,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I have lived in south Florida my whole life and that "snow" doesn't look that bad to me. It's nice to see people wearing bulky clothes instead of at a Florida beach where bulky people wear next to no clothes. Now THAT is depressing!
I feel the same way. But we are from here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida