U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 12:59 PM

6 posts, read 15,580 times

Advertisements

Here are a few that I've taken around Destin (hope they aren't too big)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2006, 01:01 PM

13,495 posts, read 34,027,372 times
Cil, those pics are beautiful!!! It makes me want to go to Fla. again.

Lulu, I'm like you. I don't know how to post pics on forums. Hopefully we'll both learn how someday cause the pics you shared with me from Ocala were VERY nice. Did I ever say "thank you"?

Old 10-10-2006, 01:49 PM

566 posts, read 1,870,337 times
People you're killing me here....I'm trying to psyche myself to give up my life blood, which is practically sea water to go to Central Florida and now these gorgeous photos??
Keep them coming ... more, more...!

Jammie, you most certainly did, & you're most certainly welcome . Though, "thank you" for thanking me again...I know it's odd to hear but it's not many times people say that anymore .
Maybe, one day we'll learn..I tried the basic "copy & paste" but it didn't work. Then an administrator wrote back saying something that I had to download them somewhere else...anyhow, I obviously didn't understand.
Oh well...

Old 10-10-2006, 02:21 PM

13,382 posts, read 40,874,972 times
lulu
You need to *upload* your photos to a hosting site such as Photobucket or ImageShack or maybe Flickr works for that too.
Photobucket and ImageShack are free. Just join, then upload--then post some photos to share!
I know how you feel about having to leave the seaside--we might have to do the same.
Very nice pics, Destinolegri. ::waves hello from the east side::
And thanks for the compliments, everyone. Just sharin' the Florida love.
It's not ALL terrible here.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:22 PM

1,305 posts, read 5,020,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu View Post
Maybe, one day we'll learn..I tried the basic "copy & paste" but it didn't work. Then an administrator wrote back saying something that I had to download them somewhere else...anyhow, I obviously didn't understand.
Oh well...
Let's see if I can cover the basics without writing a book.

The pictures you see on this thread are not here. By that, I mean they are nowhere on this forum site -- they are on the web, but somewhere else. All that's here is a link to the pcitures.

Now, picture links work differently than web site links. The administrator has disabled web site links on this forum, so there is no simple way to click and go But, image links still work the normal way.

First of all, you have to get your pictures uploaded somewhere on the web. One of the ways is to get a free photo storage account somewhere like Photobucket. You can do a Google search for free photo host sites. They are not all created equal, however, some do not allow you to link to the pictures once you upload them.

Another way (the one I use) is to have your own web space on a server, somewhere. I used to have a company web site at www.grillsource.com, and I still have the web site. I upload my pictures to a sub-directory on the website, such as grillsource.com/photos (but that's not the actual name).

Regardless of where you upload them, be sure you know the URL (the web address) so you can find them and see them.

Once the photos are uploaded to the web, and you can find them and see them, bring the picture up on your browser, then right-click on the picture. If you're using Firefox, the next step is easy -- one of the right-click menu choices is "Copy image location". In IE, you may have to click on "properties" and then copy the URL. You want the URL of the actual picture, not the URL of the page where you are displaying the picture.

Now, start your message on city-data.com. When you get to the place in the message where you want the picture, Find the icon in the menu bar above the message with a mountain and a sun on it. When you hover your cursor over it, it says, "insert image". Click on it, then paste the URL you previously copied into your clipboard.

Net, choose "Preview Post" to be sure it worked. If not, you can scroll to your original message and fool with it until you get it to work, then click "Submit Reply".

You can also do it with any image anywhere on the web (unless it has been clocked from copying). For example, I'll use the "Thumbs up" icon from the list right below the message entry box.

First, I right-click the graphic () and copy the URL (http://www.city-data.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif) into my clipboard.
Then, I click the "Insert image" button.
Finally, I copy the image URL into the text box.

! Success!

Now, here is a picture of me:

http://www.funfry.com/data/514/Man-Picture006.jpg (broken link)

See how easy it is?

Old 10-10-2006, 02:32 PM

566 posts, read 1,870,337 times
Ha, ha, ha....Oh, I can't stop laughing as that handsome fella caught me by surprise at the end .
too much...

Yeah, well it sure sounds awfully easy .

I'll try to print this and go study my homework and see if somehow I get it. I thought I was doing pretty good/& up to date by having a new computer and even belonging to my one and only forum but..

Thanks so much, psoldtimer!!! I really mean it.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:22 PM

1,305 posts, read 5,020,213 times
(sniff) People are always laughing at my picure. (sigh)

Practice a little. Get comfortable with the idea that any picture on the web can be inserted into your message.

For example, take an image at random and insert it:

http://randomimage.net/images/box.gif (broken link)

Now, for the fun of it, right-click the image above, and look at the properties. I think you'll see that it really is a random image.

Interestingly, randomimage.net turns out to be a free image hosting site which will permit you to upload up to 25 megabytyes of pictures to their site and link to it.

Learning to do this allows you to do some interesting things. For example, this is a good way to host pictures for EBay items when you want more than the 6 pictures (or whatever they allow now) permitted by EBay.

I use it all the time in forums like this. For example, someone asked what was our first car. I used this picture to show what my '48 Nash convertible looked like...

http://grillsource.com/pix/48nash.jpg (broken link)

Right click that picture, and you'll see I stored it on my grillsource.com site. I haven't blocked it, so you could link to it in your message, too.

Old 10-10-2006, 06:57 PM

5,298 posts, read 5,767,619 times

I think I got it..pic took in front yard

Old 10-10-2006, 07:16 PM

11 posts, read 34,732 times
very gorgeous dog indeed, looks great against the white sands

Old 10-10-2006, 07:39 PM

5,702 posts, read 22,240,710 times
Got a few to share from Navarre Beach

Moderator cut: copyright issues

Sunset

Dunes

Last edited by Marka; 10-11-2006 at 10:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or