Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 10:13 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
You think people r rude in E mass? Just wait....nothing like small town NH to really make u question humanity. Can't speak for Berkshires Ma area but they all seemed to come from the same pond out there , know what I mean. We never had issues with people in eastern nh/ma. They were more used to outsiders.. Get to interior and wellllllll... "What's you folks business way out here"
Thats exactly the way we like it. Take a look at what "outsiders" did to your state. I really dont want that to happen here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 10:27 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times
Well there's a reason I'm here and not there I guess. Theres no money in that state ,and it looks that way. Old and dirty with poorly taken care of roads and structures. The school in Keene was so out of code the state was gonna shut it down. I like what the money does for Fla. keeps it clean, manicured and nice looking. It's enjoyable to the eyes.

. I like the convience of being able to run to target and the food store in less than 15 mins and not drive two towns over the buy socks. Or in my case an hour to the nearest mall up there. A little high speed Internet or cable outside of downtown wouldn't have killed em either... Just sayin .

Old 05-10-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Well there's a reason I'm here and not there I guess. Theres no money in that state ,and it looks that way. Old and dirty with poorly taken care of roads and structures. The school in Keene was so out of code the state was gonna shut it down. I like what the money does for Fla. keeps it clean, manicured and nice looking. It's enjoyable to the eyes.

. I like the convience of being able to run to target and the food store in less than 15 mins and not drive two towns over the buy socks. Or in my case an hour to the nearest mall up there. A little high speed Internet or cable outside of downtown wouldn't have killed em either... Just sayin .
It's definatly not for everybody, thank God. Florida seems like a much better fit for you.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:14 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Trust me. It won't. There is nothing there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Thats exactly the way we like it. Take a look at what "outsiders" did to your state. I really dont want that to happen here.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:19 AM

[quote=Spring Hillian;29507263]Trust me. It won't. There is nothing there.[/quote Thank You

Old 05-10-2013, 11:23 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,766,054 times
From somebody who moved from Miami to Philadelpia, I agree with alot of them.
I can tell you from another perspective.
THINGS I SEE IN THE NORTH THAT I DONT SEE IN SOUTH FLORIDA.

1. Streets that are not smooth. Alot of pot holes, etc. I am pretty sure like what other poster said is because of the weather fluctuation in the North (cold winter and harsh summer).
2. Talking about Summer. Summer in PA IS WAY HOTTER THAN IN SO FLA. I feel like the heat just gets into your skin here. Although in general, I love SUMMER and HEAT wherever I go.
3. Everything is dirty up here. Maybe because they are old. More ghetto areas in Philly; that's for sure. Houses are left unkempt or abandoned altogether.
4. Old, unkempt cars! In So FL, we changed our cars very so often that cars from early 2000s are considered to be obsolete. People here drive their 1998 Corolla. Plus down there, we wax our cars at least once every 3 months.
5. People are friendlier here. They are more friendship oriented here. Building friendship in Miami is hard. It's always based on your look.
6. Basement and attic!
7. Suburbs like in the Hollywood movies circa the 90s. Anytime I went to suburbs here, I always played "Forrest Gump" or "the Goonies" soundtrack on the back of my head. It's so utopian! (Now if they can have kids riding bikes and playing baseball on the street, that will complete my picture of utopia).
8. The homeless looks more threatening here for some reasons.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:07 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
From somebody who moved from Miami to Philadelpia, I agree with alot of them.
I can tell you from another perspective.
THINGS I SEE IN THE NORTH THAT I DONT SEE IN SOUTH FLORIDA.

1. Streets that are not smooth. Alot of pot holes, etc. I am pretty sure like what other poster said is because of the weather fluctuation in the North (cold winter and harsh summer).
2. Talking about Summer. Summer in PA IS WAY HOTTER THAN IN SO FLA. I feel like the heat just gets into your skin here. Although in general, I love SUMMER and HEAT wherever I go.
3. Everything is dirty up here. Maybe because they are old. More ghetto areas in Philly; that's for sure. Houses are left unkempt or abandoned altogether.
4. Old, unkempt cars! In So FL, we changed our cars very so often that cars from early 2000s are considered to be obsolete. People here drive their 1998 Corolla. Plus down there, we wax our cars at least once every 3 months.
5. People are friendlier here. They are more friendship oriented here. Building friendship in Miami is hard. It's always based on your look.
6. Basement and attic!
7. Suburbs like in the Hollywood movies circa the 90s. Anytime I went to suburbs here, I always played "Forrest Gump" or "the Goonies" soundtrack on the back of my head. It's so utopian! (Now if they can have kids riding bikes and playing baseball on the street, that will complete my picture of utopia).
8. The homeless looks more threatening here for some reasons.
Thats funny I moved from Philadelphia to south Florida back in 2002 and observed many of the same things u mentioned. Philly is def dirtier, grittier, more traditionally "urban" than Miami for sure. . And the potholes thing and poor road conditions are true. Florida has nice roads for the most part. Philly roads are triflin.

Also, the suburbs of Philly are less "cookie cutter" looking.... like if u go to Coral springs or Weston or suburban areas like that in south FL, the houses are very cookie cutter and on very small lots.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:36 PM

552 posts, read 720,126 times
Quote:

I know you had a bad experience and yes it is old, but calling NH dirty? Come on. Leave your upper class enclave in Naples and look around a little.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:30 AM

652 posts, read 1,652,440 times
I miss White Castle burgers. We have something called Krystals, but it's not the same. Tried them once and they put mustard instead of ketchup on them.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:47 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowSoFlorida View Post
I miss White Castle burgers. We have something called Krystals, but it's not the same. Tried them once and they put mustard instead of ketchup on them.
LOL I thought I missed them, too, until I brought my kids into a White Castle telling them how we
used to drive about an hour to go buy them by the bagsful when I was in high school. LOL They tasted awful now. My kids hated them,too. Too greasy and ketchup....yuk. They don't like Krystal either though. As for food....I miss the Italian beef sandwiches and fried pork tenderloin sandwiches from the Chicago area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida