Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 06:42 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowSoFlorida View Post
I've never seen slower drivers. You are lucky if you can get to 45 MPH on Federal Highway because everyone in all 3 lanes are driving slower than that. Also good luck on I95 trying to go faster than the speed limit (which is normal in most places to go 10 mph about the speed limit and cops won't usually ticket you for that) because you have to keep going around people to do it.
You've obviously never driven on 95 late night in south FL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 06:50 PM

43 posts, read 85,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I see that no one on this thread realizes that the law your state just made not only puts the lawbreakers in control but also penalizes and terrorizes normal law abiding citizens. My husband and I have a saying. "We haven't lost a thing in Florida, so there is no reason to ever go back there."

Road rage gets the tickets in North Carolina. Self-control is the answer to road rage; not putting them in control. The only reason I have commented here is because this bad law is going around the country and I want to put a stop to being blamed because someone else does not understand speeding laws and does not know how to drive. Back off!

It is really sad when a state that wants people to come and visit makes it so unsafe that it is no longer a pleasure to do so.

We drive all over the country. In the past five years we have been from here to the Canadian border and to Ventura, California. Your comments about how you think I drive are comical. I drive just fine. But we have chosen to leave Florida off places we ever want to visit again. Florida is not a safe place.
Yeah, if you are cruising in the passing lane, you're going to be freight trained on the right, and most likely cut off by some of the drivers. Nothing is more annoying than a left lane d!ck. If people in your state like to cruise that lane, please tell them also not to come here, we don't need that habit spreading here...maybe visit Maryland, they lovvvve to hold up the left lane.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:36 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
NCN...

Tell us the truth, why do you hate Florida so much you feel the need to come to its forum and cry about its drivers?

Where did Mickey Mouse touch you? Or what did he do to you? Help us help you, the truth will set you free.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:43 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasarXTC View Post
Yeah, if you are cruising in the passing lane, you're going to be freight trained on the right, and most likely cut off by some of the drivers. Nothing is more annoying than a left lane d!ck. If people in your state like to cruise that lane, please tell them also not to come here, we don't need that habit spreading here...maybe visit Maryland, they lovvvve to hold up the left lane.
Well said!!

People in her state don't cruise the left lane, at least not like they do here.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:31 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
So you are driving on a four lane road, and come upon a car driving more slowly than you and you start to pass that car and someone comes up behind you doing twenty miles over the speed limit and you end up with a ticket because you cannot get to the right lane because the other car is there. Who wants to drive in a state that has a law like that? You are giving control of the roads to lawbreakers and making sane drivers the bad person.

That is how this law will work. Mark my words.

I worked with a person who moved to Florida and then moved back here. Her reason was that she wanted to live. She said that she felt her life threatened every time she started home in her car. She said people were riding bumpers at high speeds.

A better law would be to ticket those people following too close. Knoxville has done it and it is now a pleasure to drive through that town.

."
First tailgating is already against the law. Second your friend doesn't sound normal. And finally you situation you gave.

You come upon a car going slowly in a two lane highway and you are in the right lane. You LOOK in your mirror and make sure no one is coming up going 20mph faster than you. When you are certain no one is coming you accelerate, pass the slower driver and go back into the left lane once you are done passing. If a car starts to come up behind you made speed up the pass a little or just move over as soon as you safely can. If that car starts tailgating you the car is breaking the law. The law does NOT allow tailgating I don't see that anywhere in the law. The law prohibits people from going slowly in the left lane AKA not passing cars in the right lane. That is how it's suppose to be. That's the way roads are designed. Passing on the right is dangerous and when two cars are clogging up a two lane highway or two lefts lanes of a 4-5 lane highway it creates a back log which should not be there and then creates a bunch of cars closer together which then makes it more dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: