Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 10:25 AM

541 posts, read 1,994,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
The stretch of Alt.19 from hust north of Dunedin to Clearwater is one of my favourite drives. Really like the whole area. When I sit on St Pete Beach or Siesta Key Beach I can feel years of tension dissapate. Gulfport's on my list to check out. Would especially like to find a good blues bar in the area.
I love Dunedin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 11:22 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,847,941 times
Quote:
The stretch of Alt.19 from hust north of Dunedin to Clearwater is one of my favourite drives. Really like the whole area. When I sit on St Pete Beach or Siesta Key Beach I can feel years of tension dissapate. Gulfport's on my list to check out. Would especially like to find a good blues bar in the area.
As an FYI, Indian Rocks Beach just south of Clearwater is quite the find as well. It has an "old Florida" feel due to the lack of highrise development, a beautiful beach and several great restaurants/bars.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:23 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,351,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
As an FYI, Indian Rocks Beach just south of Clearwater is quite the find as well. It has an "old Florida" feel due to the lack of highrise development, a beautiful beach and several great restaurants/bars.
I've driven through there but have not stopped. Did notice everybody had a smile on their face. I would too if I lived there.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:49 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I always liked Indian Rocks. I also love Anna Maria Island beaches, has that same "old Florida" feel, small scale, a lot of older homes and buildings, no high rise, fabulous beaches and all those great waterfront restaurants/bars.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:01 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,477,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I always liked Indian Rocks. I also love Anna Maria Island beaches, has that same "old Florida" feel, small scale, a lot of older homes and buildings, no high rise, fabulous beaches and all those great waterfront restaurants/bars.
Yup - Anna Maria Island is nice. But kind of out of the way in terms of what the OP (who's working - not retired) - is looking for.

I honestly think it's pretty hard to find cute/comfy/casual/relatively inexpensive beachside/beach near in Florida that's a short commute to a place where there's major medical employment. Up here in the JAX Beaches area might work. But we are so totally not progressive (we're conservative people who believe in families - parents taking care of kids - adults taking care of their parents - good schools - maintaining our property - we even support our President when push comes to shove just because he's our President and we love our country ). Robyn

Old 06-26-2013, 05:28 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
But we are so totally not progressive (we're conservative people who believe in families - parents taking care of kids - adults taking care of their parents - good schools - maintaining our property - we even support our President when push comes to shove just because he's our President and we love our country ). Robyn

Old 06-26-2013, 06:26 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,847,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
we even support our President when push comes to shove just because he's our President and we love our country ). Robyn
I knew I liked Jacksonville!

Old 06-27-2013, 12:44 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,351,776 times
If Nan Rich becomes governor, FLA will be a lot more appealing.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
If Nan Rich becomes governor, FLA will be a lot more appealing.
To whom - the people who want to live in the last 10 square inches of developable land left in her former district ?

FWIW - I never heard of the woman before you mentioned her - so I suspect she has some name recognition problems outside SE Florida. Robyn

P.S. Are you a legal resident of Colorado? Perhaps Nan Rich might be attractive to you - but you won't get to vote (and I won't get to vote in the D primary either).

Old 06-27-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
BTW - anyone who's interested in Anna Maria Island should probably read this (fun reading):

Great Homes - Dream Home Diaries Blog - NYTimes.com

Robyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida