Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 09:24 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Are you one of those Paula Dean disciples who thinks slaves lived peacefully side by side with their masters, working together in the fields, or just denying Jim Crow laws, or just your run of the mill crazy person on the internet.
I'm a person that calls people out for their insane, PC views on everyday events. I do like how you think that I'm some dumb white redneck that loves Paula Dean and apparently thinks slavery is okay, just because I think you're an idiot for thinking Zimmerman is guilty, and for trying to break up someone's race and ancestry because they did something that you view as heinous!

If Aaron Hernandez was winning an MVP award, you'd claim it's a great award for the hispanic community! Since he's been arrested for murder, you claim that he's half Italian/Irish and then break off the Pureto Rican community like it's some terrible, saying they have a bad "gun culture."

I'll add that my comment about racism in the North East, the Mid West, and the Plains State has nothing to do with Jim Crow and slavery, nor does it have anything to do with Paula Dean. It's my personal observation and the observation of millions of others, hell, google is your friend!

Now hurry back to your television set, I'm sure you're missing MSNBC or CNN...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
TxRyan, Please I noticed I said people in general, I wasn't making any statement about my beliefs. I feel like you are getting defensive and it wasn't not my intention in that post to offend anyone or to claim an ethnicity is morally better than another.
LoL, don't worry about it, I don't take offense to anything on this forum.

It is fun to see people like DUNNDFRNT make outrageous generalizations, then get pissed off and start putting people down though..

Old 07-10-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Aaron Hernandez is third generation half puerto rican, meaning his puerto rican dad wasnt even born in puerto rico. So yes culturally speaking he is as far removed from the anti gun culture in latin america as you are. To be clear I am not denying that Aaron Hernandez is hispanic, latin american, etc. I am speaking to the point I think you are trying to make that if Latin American are so anti-gun as the previous poster stated then how do you explain Aaron Hernandez.
The only point I was trying to make, is that George Zimmerman is clearly Latino, despite him being part something else, or another part something else. Aaron Hernandez, is clearly Latino, despite him being part something else, or another part something else. These guys were still raised to be what they are from their parents.

There is likely very few people in this country that are pure white, black, italian, puerto rican, cuban, ect, ect.

What really pisses me off is the media and those (which may or may not be you, if it's not what you intended than I apologize) who, will compliment guys like Zimmerman or Hernandez for their accomplishments for being pillars of the hispanic community, but when they're murderers, killers, or accused of something heinous, all of the sudden, they're white guys that committed hate crimes.

It should be a crime when the media uses their powers to incite race riots for the mere benefit of their ratings.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:38 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,964,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Are Puerto Rican's not "hispanics" ???

Is Puerto Rico not a part of "Latin America" ???

I love how people like to claim what people are parts of, when it comes to them being on trial, yet the rest of the time, they "are what they are"..
I was talking about collective thinking and stereotypes not about absolute truths. It's like saying Ted Bundy or Charles Manson represent the typical white American because they are white. We all know most Americans don't have serial killer tendencies. Also some stereotypes can be proven wrong with statistics but they still exist. Maybe there is a country out there who thinks all Americans are evil people who enjoy killing others.

Somebody asked why hispanics are not supporting Zimmerman in droves and I told them what I thought based on stereotypes.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
I was talking about collective thinking and stereotypes not about absolute truths. It's like saying Ted Bundy or Charles Manson represent the typical white American because they are white. We all know most Americans don't have serial killer tendencies. Also some stereotypes can be proven wrong with statistics but they still exist. Maybe there is a country out there who thinks all Americans are evil people who enjoy killing others.

Somebody asked why hispanics are not supporting Zimmerman in droves and I told them what I thought based on stereotypes.
Right, and I have no problems with that whatsoever!

Again, the only problem I have is with idiots that claim these guys are latino anytime other than when they're on trial, all of a sudden they're white.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
It should be a crime when the media uses their powers to incite race riots for the mere benefit of their ratings.
Would you be willing to give up your first ammendment for that?

Mainstream media(not independent blogs or small websites) is not telling people to go and loot shopping malls, attack white people or burn buildings if Zimmerman is found not guilty. How can we accuse them of inciting crime?

Do the executives of CNN, Fox, ABC or NBC know their actions might have a negative impact? Very likely but they know they are not breaking any laws and their purpose it's to beat ratings not educate the public.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Would you be willing to give up your first ammendment for that?

Mainstream media(not independent blogs or small websites) is not telling people to go and loot shopping malls, attack white people or burn buildings if Zimmerman is found not guilty. How can we accuse them of inciting crime?

Do the executives of CNN, Fox, ABC or NBC know their actions might have a negative impact? Very likely but they know they are not breaking any laws and their purpose it's to beat ratings not educate the public.
They know what they're doing, for example, Zimmerman is Latino, from the very day this happened they claimed him as white.

From the very day this happened, they've shown a 12 year old boy and a big fat guy as the photos for these two. Even after people raided his twitter and facebook accounts, the media STILL used his 12 year old photo to portray him as an innocent child.

Don't think for a minute that our media isn't government controlled.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:31 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,892,988 times
Quote:
They know what they're doing, for example, Zimmerman is Latino, from the very day this happened they claimed him as white.

From the very day this happened, they've shown a 12 year old boy and a big fat guy as the photos for these two. Even after people raided his twitter and facebook accounts, the media STILL used his 12 year old photo to portray him as an innocent child.
EXACTLY!

Old 07-11-2013, 02:05 AM

Quote:

Don't think for a minute that our media isn't government controlled.
I think the government censors our media but I don't think they control all the programming. I believe the goverment only protects themselves. They protect their power at any cost. I don't think Jodi Arias or Zimmerman's case can affect their authority.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:48 AM

641 posts, read 1,020,188 times
Quote:
I don't think Jodi Arias or Zimmerman's case can affect their authority.
It will if a "race war" ensues....great thing about this time around,,,whites especially out in dem dare suburbs have lots and lots of guns thanks to obama and his liberal gun grab policies of the last 4 years...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida