Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 05:40 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times

Advertisements

Why does the media here in Florida insist on using pictures of when he was around 12 years old, instead of ones they have closer to the time of when he was killed?

For some reason they appear to favor showing the innocence of a young child picture instead of a picture of a late teen/almost adult picture.

What is the reason for this in Florida? Why not use the most current picture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 05:51 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,384,732 times
because the media likes to stir the pot?????

Old 06-23-2013, 05:59 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,891,120 times
They use the 12 year old photo of him nation wide. Ironically, most of the nation believe that he IS a 12 year old and is an innocent kid that never did any wrong.

I'm not taking any sides, because Zimmerman has a past as well and I wasn't there and don't know what happened, I think the thing I wish the most is that they stop making it a black/white issue as Zimmerman is clearly not white.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:02 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
They use the 12 year old photo of him nation wide. Ironically, most of the nation believe that he IS a 12 year old and is an innocent kid that never did any wrong.

I'm not taking any sides, because Zimmerman has a past as well and I wasn't there and don't know what happened, I think the thing I wish the most is that they stop making it a black/white issue as Zimmerman is clearly not white.
I don't watch national news much, if at all, anymore.....so I did not know it was being done elsewhere as well. Seems like there must be a reason for avoiding the most current pictures.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I don't watch national news much, if at all, anymore.....so I did not know it was being done elsewhere as well. Seems like there must be a reason for avoiding the most current pictures.
Yeah, I don't put much stock in the media, being controlled by the Government, there's no telling what their agenda is anymore? Possibly to start a race riot nationwide to take everyone's mind off of their lying ways?

Old 06-23-2013, 08:18 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,007,002 times
I just hope there are no riots if/when he is acquitted. It is a very real possibility that Zimmerman is not guilty. Some Miami-Dade cops I met said they are already preparing for possible violence. I only hope the media does not try to make matters worse.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:25 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Remember when Omar Khdar was jailed for being a terrorists when he was 15? They stuck the kid in that prison camp in Cuba. It was embarrassing for the administration to have jailed a child...so there were no photos of him released...or very few circulated...They waited ten years till the kid got older and grew a beard - THEN they started to release pictures of the "terrorist" and referring to him as MISTER.....It's all about the manipulation of human emotion...The progressives will portray Martin as a poor child - killed by the bad right winger. Media in North America has a liberal slant. Zimmerman does not have any affiliations with right or left wing ideology....but they will STILL assign him with the role of the right wing gunslinger....the whole thing is an illusion. It is what they call a show trial.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:38 PM

166 posts, read 281,852 times
Always remember NEVER talk to the media! Because the media makes money off all of us. The media, meaning all major networks and local stations, radio and TV and all major studios. The media will do anything for ratings. Ratings are viewers and the more viewers the more money they make. That said, anything that will attract attention be it strange to completely off the wall unethical the media will do it. By portraying Martin as this young innocent looking black kid from the hood is their goal because it attracts attention. STOP watching TV and stop following the trial. Instead read a good book or exercise. If you must watch TV then watch BBC in the UK.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:39 PM

166 posts, read 281,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Yeah, I don't put much stock in the media, being controlled by the Government, there's no telling what their agenda is anymore? Possibly to start a race riot nationwide to take everyone's mind off of their lying ways?
Dude, why do comment on every Florida thread when you live in Texas?

Old 06-23-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleto84 View Post
Dude, why do comment on every Florida thread when you live in Texas?
Because it's a free country and I feel the urge to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida