Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 04:31 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times

Advertisements

So far the summer has given us more then we ever expected.

We have been lucky enough to travel around to many different beaches on both sides of the state.

Just like I have always said the Gulf side beats the crap out of the ocean side as far as beaches, being clean, sand, water, beauty etc.

We feel extremely lucky to have been able to touch almost every beach from Pensacola around the horn to Key West and up to Amelia many times in our life and now after 2 years of hitting those same beaches a few times we feel that 3 areas would get our awards.

Clearwater Beach, Siesta Key, Fr Walton-Destin and Ft Lauderdale.

Other we have had the pleasure to spend time on this year and we also like very much is Ft Desoto, Honeymoon Island, Anna Maria, Caladesi and Venice Beach.

This summer has been filled with going to many attractions such as our normal Disney, Universal, Busch, Legoland etc but we have had the chance to hit many other attractions, sites, rivers, smaller zoos and pet rescue places we truly enjoyed. Lots of beautiful hidden away locations around the state that were awesome to see.

We still have several weeks before kids head back to school so we are planning a weekend trip to Destin area again and St Augustine before school time comes around.

Who said you cannot live and vacation in Florida at the same time?

We did spend a week up in the Smoky Mountains. Pigeon Forge-Gatlinburg area as we really love that area for a vacation.

Will hit a cruise this fall from one of the Florida ports.

So much to do and so much we want to see and it is a never ending search for us to find that out of the way spot we have never been. Not many places left but we are still looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 05:44 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post

We have been lucky enough to travel around to many different beaches on both sides of the state.

Just like I have always said the Gulf side beats the crap out of the ocean side as far as beaches, being clean, sand, water, beauty etc.

We feel extremely lucky to have been able to touch almost every beach from Pensacola around the horn to Key West and up to Amelia many times in our life and now after 2 years of hitting those same beaches a few times we feel that 3 areas would get our awards.

Other we have had the pleasure to spend time on this year and we also like very much is Ft Desoto, Honeymoon Island, Anna Maria, Caladesi and Venice Beach.

This summer has been filled with going to many attractions such as our normal Disney, Universal, Busch, Legoland etc but we have had the chance to hit many other attractions, sites, rivers, smaller zoos and pet rescue places we truly enjoyed. Lots of beautiful hidden away locations around the state that were awesome to see.

We still have several weeks before kids head back to school so we are planning a weekend trip to Destin area again and St Augustine before school time comes around.

We did spend a week up in the Smoky Mountains. Pigeon Forge-Gatlinburg area as we really love that area for a vacation.

So much to do and so much we want to see and it is a never ending search for us to find that out of the way spot we have never been. Not many places left but we are still looking.
Glad your still loving Florida

Old 08-05-2013, 07:09 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Congratulations OP. I'm surprised that you are still in love with Florida. Most transplants (and natives) begin to resent it after awhile. I know I did.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:15 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,672,933 times
So glad you are still loving Florida. We still love it too. I never want to live in the Midwest again. Waking up to sunshine, warmth, blue skies, and natural beauty each day sure makes this an easy place to live. I really believe this is my climatic paradise.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:23 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,246,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post

Thats great that you are still enjoying it down there. Apparently thats where you belong.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:17 PM

472 posts, read 547,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Congratulations OP. I'm surprised that you are still in love with Florida. Most transplants (and natives) begin to resent it after awhile. I know I did.
How long is "awhile" before the honeymoon ends? Just curious.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:20 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
Quote:
We were there 3 wonderful years and we are transplants and the honeymoon was far from over..We are hoping we will have the opportunity to move back..so I dont agree with your statement...Im actually sorry we had to leave...

Old 08-07-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Rather odd statement considering I just dont see that much.

I used to be on this board a lot when I lived up north and since I moved to Florida I have not been on much at all to see the recent postings.

Maybe you picked the wrong town or area?

Years of research went into our decision and so far it has worked out for the best for us.

We feel like we are on vacation every single day and know we are extremely lucky.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:10 PM

623 posts, read 965,818 times
Quote:
I find this statment to be 100% false

Last edited by boston904; 08-08-2013 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: mistake

Old 08-12-2013, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
So glad you are still loving Florida. We still love it too. I never want to live in the Midwest again. Waking up to sunshine, warmth, blue skies, and natural beauty each day sure makes this an easy place to live. I really believe this is my climatic paradise.
Hello!

How are you?

Often wonder about how you are doing.

Hope all is well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida