Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 04:01 PM

135 posts, read 291,614 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of this area and if its a good area or bad?
What about the Ormobd Beach Oasis Mobile Home park, good or bad?
Any info of these mobile home parks will be appreciated greatly! We are heading down tomorrow (Friday) to view them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 04:14 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,837,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCarol5 View Post
Any info of these mobile home parks will be appreciated greatly! We are heading down tomorrow (Friday) to view them.
Hope they fixed these problems...

Volusia Mobile Home Residents May Have To Move | WESH Home - WESH Home

I googled the one in the title, but absolutely nothing came up..

Old 07-11-2013, 05:48 PM

652 posts, read 1,643,612 times
You should find out what county they are in and post in that sub forum.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:16 PM

135 posts, read 291,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowSoFlorida View Post
You should find out what county they are in and post in that sub forum.
It's Volusia County and they do not have their own forum. Some post about Daytona in the Orlando forums and some post in the Jacksonville forum.

And TXRyan23, thank you for that. It gives me a little insight on their past in that community.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:47 PM

3,972 posts, read 8,102,872 times
Did a search for you too. Found it is next door to an old trailer park that the newspaper did an article on in June. The company that owns Beach Street Manor bought the park according to article and is cleaning it up. Everyone had to move out or shape up and only a few stayed. If this park is in the neighborhood, it may not be the greatest neighborhood to move to.

'Eyesore' trailer park in Daytona getting new life | News-JournalOnline.com

I posted the article because it has a picture of some of the trailers. Hopefully next door is better. Article said putting in windows, screens, and new paint, but looks like tailers from 40-50 years ago. Also mentioned rat and roach infestation.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:42 PM

501 posts, read 1,872,985 times
Arrow Local Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCarol5 View Post
This trailer park was recently purchased by a new owner after years of neglect (and code liens) by previous owners. It was a horrible eye sore to the downtown area of Daytona Beach. There has been an effort to clean it up, but I would stay away unless there is an announcement that the new owner is putting new trailers (or modular units) there.

I don't believe you can get homeowner's or renter's insurance policies for trailers any more for Coastal counties in Florida? (Can someone verify this for us?) And as I understand it, make trailer courts a risky proposal as a real estate venture and are closing down all over the state.

I think cheap trailer park living is still popular/available in LA and TX where lots of FEMA trailers still exist!

Old 07-20-2013, 08:40 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,151,091 times
Beach Street Manor is in a pretty dodgy area. Light industrial, some older homes, a lot of which are divided into rental units. One of the reputed-to-be scary biker organizations had and may still have their clubhouse right up the street. I actually lived in a really old Airstream rental there back in the 70s and the place was pretty bad then. I haven't been in the trailer park since then, but the area hasn't improved and I can't see any investor putting a lot of money into it, given the location. A couple of blocks west on Madison at the intersection of US 1 is hooker central.

Maybe the place in Ormond is better. I'm not familiar with it. Couldn't be much worse....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida