Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 08:24 AM

293 posts, read 249,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
You don't know if that's exactly what TM was doing, what if you are in the process of finishing a fight you didn't start ,the other person felt reasonable fear for his life and shot you, guess you got some bad advice from your parents then.

Good point

Hopefully Mike's old man told him to never try to finish a fight with some fat coward who has a gun...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 08:57 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I am boycotting the following:

Skittles
Ice Tea
Hoodies
Crackers

Only creepy crackers....

I'm not a big fan of living in Florida but really? Why are people boycotting a whole state? It' s my fault that he wasn't convicted? This really makes no sense.....

I also am boycotting hoodies-it's too hot!

Old 07-17-2013, 11:58 AM

861 posts, read 1,455,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach234 View Post
ever since the zimmerman verdict was read last night, i've heard so many people say they're boycotting Florida. is this a good thing or bad? why or why not? is this actually possible?

Old 07-17-2013, 03:24 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Stay away. We're a bunch of old curmudgeon krackas.......

Seriously, though. We like the tourist dollars. Come back, please forgive us.

We really didn't mean to let an innocent man go free.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:05 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,406,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
You have no clue, I was in NY during the crack years also and I never had to attack someone for some perceived disrespect. I was still able to do as my parents taught me and that was never start a fight but always finish it. I also didn't approach someone because I felt they were following me, I went about my business until such time as they needed to be dealt with.
You certainly have no idea what the SYG law actually says, you cannot invoke SYG because you were followed, that is just ludicrous.
But yet again many cases involving people using this law as an excuse were the aggressors. For example Jarvis David(I think that's his name). Killed for playing loud music yet the killer has the ordacity to use the law as an excuse? What could loud music possibly do to harm you?

I've googled this law and some stories behind it and all though a good amount of people use it correctly, a good amount of weirdos use it to pretty much get away with murder.

Now as far as the crack day go my father was on his own in Brownsville so while your attitude in the crack days was easy. For my father it wasn't easier said then done.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:15 PM

623 posts, read 965,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300zxtwinturbo View Post
Well I had been planning a florida vacation for weeks, I just changed my mind im going somewhere else. Wont feel safe there
1 less person in Florida yah

Old 07-18-2013, 03:42 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
I've googled this law and some stories behind it and all though a good amount of people use it correctly, a good amount of weirdos use it to pretty much get away with murder.
And in this case because of some perceived racial profiling this case has turned into a cause célèbre.

But lets look at this, Jeantel said she heard a punch immediately after Trayvon asked Zimmerman why he was following him, there is no bruise on Martin so from this any person with some modicum of common sense will conclude that Martin threw the first punch.

This was the first illegal act between the two parties, Zimmerman did not attack Martin it was Martin who attacked Zimmerman, it escalated to where Zimmerman felt his life was in danger and the rest you know.

No where in there did Zimmerman utter a racial slur, there were many witnesses that testified that Zimmerman was not racist and while many point out that most of his previous 911 calls were about black males they fail to look at the fact that the percentage of blacks residing in Sanford is almost double that of Florida as a whole so it stands to reason that someone in that area that calls 911 a lot has a very good chance to be calling about black males in a high percentage of calls. That is not racist it is just percentages.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:50 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach234 View Post
ever since the zimmerman verdict was read last night, i've heard so many people say they're boycotting Florida. is this a good thing or bad? why or why not? is this actually possible?
Honestly, I thought Zimmerman should have been held for manslaughter, but I respect the jurors. They heard both sides for days, while "we" only saw what the media gave us.

If someone wants to boycott a state because of a court decision in a case that is one of many, then let them. I don't think any Floridian would want one of those idiots here anyways.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:24 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
If you listened to the Jurors? 3 of them were ready to convict Zimmermann of 2nd. degree Murder! but the "Stand Your Ground" law prevented them from that!
As for boycotting Florida? Please don't punish the 20 million other souls who live in this state! Punish the NRA who pushed for somebody like Zimmermann who has a record of domestic battery and assaulting a police officer where he worked as a bouncer at a Daytona Beach nightclub for that!

Old 07-18-2013, 05:42 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,236,547 times
Millions and millions and millions of people visit Florida every year. The minute number of people stating they will boycott Florida won't make a dent in the economy of Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida