Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 07:50 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times

Advertisements

I wish someone would ask before trampling my rights given to me by law.

What would you want, a life saved or a life lost while being the victim of a crime against you?

Put it on a ballot and lets take a vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Move On has a petition to boycott Florida until SYG is repealed. Repeat that one. SYG is repealed. It does not say over the verdict of the Zimmerman/Martin trial. It doesn't mention that at all. This petition is being sent to Rick Scott and the legislature.

Last I saw a few days ago there were around 7,000 signatures. Surprised how so many of the names had Florida locations. Boycott Florida when you live in Florida? How? Well, there is something these people can do in Florida, that the others can't. VOTE. Does voting make a difference?

A few months ago I got an email from Senator Nelson asking for my opinion on the Background Checks bill. He said he wanted his constituents opinions on it. So these legislators won't look at all the Florida residents and think about that?

Edit: You may wonder how Sentor Nelson got my my email address. It is because I had sent him an email voicing my concern about something in the past. You write to your representatives and they keep you on their mailing list. It is the people who are pro active who they will pay attention to. Get involved and work the system. You can say that the boycott won't do anything at all. Will telling them that you don't feed safe walking around EVERY SINGLE DAY (not once a year vacation) going about your daily life send a message? I think that will have a bigger impact. Florida residents can get them put out of office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 07:51 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach234 View Post
ever since the zimmerman verdict was read last night, i've heard so many people say they're boycotting Florida. is this a good thing or bad? why or why not? is this actually possible?
Who cares?

Old 07-19-2013, 07:53 PM

[quote=BrianH;30484131]I have a feeling the only people who will "boycott" Florida will be the people who would never have went in the first place and now they have some cause they are standing behind to make themselves feel good.

Or people you don't want to see here anyway.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
hat

Casey Anthony. Is she a threat to society? I don't think so. I would not personally be afraid of her. George Zimmerman, and his gun, IS a threat to society. I would not want to be anywhere near him and his gun.

That is the difference.
GZ might be a threat to you if you attacked him, broke his nose, knocked him down, got on top of him and banged his head repeatedly on the concrete. As nearly anyone else would as well.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300zxtwinturbo View Post
Well I had been planning a florida vacation for weeks, I just changed my mind im going somewhere else. Wont feel safe there
Good. Have a good time elsewhere....

Old 07-19-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu Mike3 View Post
Actually, there is still one reason to visit The Stupid State.

If you ever need to get rid of an annoying toddler ... or knock off some random teen ... The Stupid State is your kinda place...
Or perhaps adolescent posters who think they're actively supporting an agenda by posting idiotic comments....

Old 07-19-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Maybe you dont know, but ALL 50 states have concealed weapons laws allowing it.

Maybe you dont know, but you can legally buy a firearm in ALL 50 states.

Maybe you dont know that in several states you dont need a permit of any kind to carry a weapon.

Maybe you dont know that many states allow open carry of firearms.

So much for your "gunshine state" comment.
Awww gee, you spoiled the OP's fun. And he/she/it thought that was such a cute, catchy name, and fancied him/her/itself so clever and original for digging it up, too.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:00 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaZoo View Post
You don't how good you have it in Arizona or Florida until you experience California, Georgia, North Carolina, and/or Texas. Of course, the Northeastern and Midwestern states go without saying.
What exactly is your problem with Texas?

As a college student, where does all your wisdom come from?

Old 07-19-2013, 11:19 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
No, I won't be boycotting Florida. I might go there to give Zimmerman a new gun since the corrupt DOJ wants to take his away. He was tried, he was found not guilty, and THAT SHOULD BE THE END OF IT. It is absolutely ridiculous that the federal government thinks they have a right to step in.

Old 07-20-2013, 12:24 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Probably because this case had nothing to do with "black on black" crime? It had to do with a "man" of another race profiling this teen because he was "black".
What exactly was Trayvon Martin's crime besides being murdered 70 feet away from his father's doorstep?
Assault, that was Martin's crime. And where has there been any proof that Zimmerman profiled him because he was black? The FBI interviewed dozens of Zimmerman's coworkers and other people that knew him and could find no instance or indication that Zimmerman was racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida