Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2013, 05:35 PM

711 posts, read 1,855,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
All I want is for people to be more open-minded, educated, less ignorant and judgemental.
Because, naturally, disagreeing with a progressive proves one to be closed-minded and ignorant, and rejecting conservative ideas is proof one is open-minded and non-judgmental.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:55 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
Because, naturally, disagreeing with a progressive proves one to be closed-minded and ignorant, and rejecting conservative ideas is proof one is open-minded and non-judgmental.
no.
you're completely wrong and twisting what it actually means.
It means people need to let people smoke their weed. Let the gays marry, let's love our beautiful nature that Florida offers and let's embrace the cultural diversity that makes up Florida. Let us embrace education and working hard. Let us embrace accepting people for who they are.

That's what it means.

I dont know what you're trying to get it, but apparently you're not getting it.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:50 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,653,984 times
Quote:
no.
It means people need to let people smoke their weed. Let the gays marry, let's love our beautiful nature that Florida offers and let's embrace the cultural diversity that makes up Florida. Let us embrace education and working hard. Let us embrace accepting people for who they are.

That's what it means.

I don't know what you're trying to get it, but apparently you're not getting it.
Amen.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:01 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Quote:
no.

That's what it means.

I dont know what you're trying to get it, but apparently you're not getting it.
Nothing you said has ANYTHING to do with the political definition of Liberal or Progressive. I suggest you really study history if you think that's the meaning.

In the very least, it means a government centered society - the Roosevelt view that the founders were completely wrong, the states had no rights and a big centralized government was going to be what people relied on all their lives. AND that government would MEDDLE in every aspect of citizens' lives. He also changed the focus of government from the Congress to the President, who, is SUPPOSED to be a THIRD branch of government, not the dictator in chief.

The Life of Julia - Goverment: from cradle to grave | Spoof Team

Old 08-05-2013, 04:18 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
I hope Florida never becomes socially liberal or progressive as some want it to be. That would further ruin the state.

Liberalism already has dug into anything decent in the state and with all the crap on the liberals agenda for America we surely do not want to see it moving even more towards that direction.

Liberalism right now is destroying America from within as evidenced by the lousy job done by the current President.

That is all we need in Florida is more liberals wanting to hand out freebies to those who dont belong here
(illegals) and those who wont work to earn their own keep.

Why not just steal all the money from the hard working people who have done well in their life and hand it over to losers, bums, lazy people and illegals?

Old 08-05-2013, 07:46 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
I hope Florida never becomes socially liberal or progressive as some want it to be. That would further ruin the state.

Liberalism already has dug into anything decent in the state and with all the crap on the liberals agenda for America we surely do not want to see it moving even more towards that direction.

Liberalism right now is destroying America from within as evidenced by the lousy job done by the current President.

That is all we need in Florida is more liberals wanting to hand out freebies to those who dont belong here

Why not just steal all the money from the hard working people who have done well in their life and hand it over to losers, bums, lazy people and illegals?
What you are describing is fiscal liberalism, not social liberalism. I hope Florida does become more progressive on issues like gay marriage and medical marijuana while still keeping its low tax, no nonsense government intact

Old 08-05-2013, 09:49 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
Quote:

Why don't you move to a "redneck" state like Georgia?

Florida is already "Socially" Liberal! Miami, Broward, and Orlando already has Human Right's Ordinances that protect Gays from being fired from their jobs.
In case you have forgotten Florida voted for Obama TWICE!

Old 08-06-2013, 02:07 PM

411 posts, read 831,544 times
Quote:

It is interesting that you think buying eggs for a few poor people is among the biggest problems facing the state of Florida.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:33 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limehousemiller View Post
It is interesting that you think buying eggs for a few poor people is among the biggest problems facing the state of Florida.
That's so precious how you call over $5 Billion in Florida food stamps alone "buying eggs for a few poor people".

That doesn't even include the year round free MEALS taxpayers are providing.

http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/newsroom/docs/quickfacts.pdf See page 12.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:48 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Why don't you move to a "redneck" state like Georgia?

Florida is already "Socially" Liberal! Miami, Broward, and Orlando already has Human Right's Ordinances that protect Gays from being fired from their jobs.
In case you have forgotten Florida voted for Obama TWICE!

Yes I know they did and I often wonder if most of those votes were from illegals because most people I run into here are not that stupid!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida