Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 05:21 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,019,632 times

Advertisements

OK Rambo, I understand your misguided thought process but in cases where there is a preponderance of evidence, like our boys up in CT where the cops were outside when these two rocket scientists were running out of the burning house, execution should be swift and timely. When there is some sliver of doubt, we have appeals processes that go on for years. If after all appeals are exhausted, all the DNA has been tested, or the facts show guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, lets get the gurney out and serve the requisite final cocktail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limehousemiller View Post
Hey, Inspector Gadget, take a look and see how many people have been freed from death row based on DNA evidence that proved their evidence. Take a look and see how many people admitted guilt at the time because they believed it would somehow help them, only to spend ten years on death row before DNA proved their innocence.

If somebody killed my wife, I'd want to kill them for sure, but guess what , the USA justice system is supposed to be free of such emotions, which you, seem to be having an extremely difficult time grasping.

Lookey here Cactus Pete we gonna get up there and ride that horse into town, the USA government should not be killing people to provide a payday for the family and friends of the victims. In your world, why even bother with the trial? Why not just allow people to kill people in the streets, like chimpanzees, to satisfy their blood-lust and just knock it off with the stupid trials, which you hate so much?

Old 09-11-2013, 06:07 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,482,878 times
Quote:
You have been pushing an extremely primitive line of thought, so perhaps it is no surprise that you would be advocating the we, here in the USA should be looking toward nations such as Saudi Arabia as a legal system model. If we start chopping body parts off, would we then also start executing female rape victims and then demand that the rapists pay restitution to the victims families?

How about instead of chopping the hands off of car thieves we provide car thieves with better options than stealing cars?
He's basically advocating for a system that only exists in barbaric societies that commit human rights atrocities. How civilized and cultured.....

Old 09-11-2013, 06:51 PM

861 posts, read 1,449,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
He's basically advocating for a system that only exists in barbaric societies that commit human rights atrocities. How civilized and cultured.....
Oh yes, because we all know that murderers, rapists and pedos are all just soooo civilized and "cultured".

Old 09-11-2013, 07:38 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,019,632 times
The only thing I am advocating is the laws that are on the books of this United States of America,

I certainly do not advocate any barbaric punishments. My "hands" comment was only and invitation to response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post

Old 09-11-2013, 07:40 PM

2,955 posts, read 4,964,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFisher View Post
Oh yes, because we all know that murderers, rapists and pedos are all just soooo civilized and "cultured".
I should say not. But then again, calling for swift execution isn't really all "that" either.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:44 PM

2,955 posts, read 4,964,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
The only thing I am advocating is the laws that are on the books of this United States of America,

I certainly do not advocate any barbaric punishments. My "hands" comment was only and invitation to response.
Or a mirror of your thought process. I don't disparage your opinions, but you have to respect others. Seems like the conversation has turned into a "pi--ing" match. Same goes for our Glenn Miller fan.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:36 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,001,235 times
Quote:
Two wrongs doesn't make a right.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:06 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,482,878 times
Quote:
They have countries that think like this where your thoughts would be more accepted. You likely wouldn't want to live there though......

Old 09-12-2013, 07:29 AM

98 posts, read 289,735 times
Quote:
Let's get one thing straight here pilgrim, your the one without a clue and the first clue of that is that you choose to repeat some stupid talking point you heard on Fox News. What percentage of the total California budget did these solar power credits/rebates amount to that you are so incredibly angry and violent about, buddy boy?

Anyway, motivating people to explore new sources of energy is an example of an important thing that a government can and should be doing, instead of helping out the oil, natural gas and coal morons. If the fossil fuel moron get money and full military support including invading sovereign nations from the government, certainly we can give a few dimes to solar, but we aren't even talking about this, for real.
OK, 12 year old. I am very in tune with solar,power and electric utilities. I have designed solar power systems. I am a registered professional engineer. I am a LEED AP. I work for a utility company. And, I can go on and on about my credentials. And, Fox does show the most unbiased news on this topic and most topics but what I talk about is not a talking point for anyone but myself and is based on facts, like Fox typically does and CNN and MSNBC do not. Fox certainly isn't perfect but they are 10 times better and more truthful than CNN, MSNBC and the main stream media.

California hedged there bets on solar and other things that were going no where. They spent a lot of money and have been heading toward bankruptcy for years due to their ultra liberal policies. Those are facts you can see just by looking at their economic numbers.

By your statements, I am guessing you are one of the many far left loons in this country that think the US is evil and is the cause of everything bad in this world. So, why don't you pack up and go move to Syria, Iran or one of the other countries it sounds like you support above the US.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:34 AM

98 posts, read 289,735 times
Quote:
Look, pal, the trouble is that this type of barbaric thinking does not actually reduce the number of murders, which should be the primary purpose of any law or punishment, but rather the only purpose the death penalty serves is revenge, which the law is supposed to be free from. Governments should never be given the power to execute its own citizens in situations where the citizens are unable to harm the public. Every citizen of the USA should be thoroughly outraged and disgusted that the USA still uses the barbaric death penalty.
So, you disagree with the death penalty. How about abortion? My guess by your statements so far is you are a very far left liberal which means you are for abortion as Obama is and would allow even third trimester abortions and even killing babies that were born from botched abortions (Obama and Planned Parenthood are all for this). If that is the case, how can you agree with abortions but not the death penalty? Sounds 100% hypocritical to me. So, where do you stand on that issue and if you disagree with abortion, what do you have to say about Obuma and Planned Parent Hood, who funds these abortions/murders (to some) with our tax dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida