Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 03:25 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,998,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I agree with others who say it's neither the elderly or tourists responsible for a vast majority of the bad driving, it's across the board in terms of demographics though will say it's mostly men in my opinion....typically via excessive speeding, tailgating, driving at or below the speed limit in the left lane, not yielding right of way, etc......and typically driving pickup trucks, large SUVs, Mustangs/Camaros or for some odd reason Volkswagen owners who I find overtly aggressive. I also agree it doesn't become as evident until one reaches Orlando and points south, and not as evident in the Tampa Bay area in my opinion. Perhaps it's the former Northeast US resident drivers since they tend more toward South Florida and Orlando?
Along the East Coast, the fun doesn't start till Riviera Beach. When I'm coming home from Miami, I start to relax when I see Jupiter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 04:21 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I agree with others who say it's neither the elderly or tourists responsible for a vast majority of the bad driving, it's across the board in terms of demographics though will say it's mostly men in my opinion....typically via excessive speeding, tailgating, driving at or below the speed limit in the left lane, not yielding right of way, etc......and typically driving pickup trucks, large SUVs, Mustangs/Camaros or for some odd reason Volkswagen owners who I find overtly aggressive. I also agree it doesn't become as evident until one reaches Orlando and points south, and not as evident in the Tampa Bay area in my opinion. Perhaps it's the former Northeast US resident drivers since they tend more toward South Florida and Orlando?
I'd say Tampa is only slightly better than S. Florida and Orlando, but that is not saying much. We have tons of terrible drivers over here.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:38 PM

677 posts, read 933,950 times
[quote=THX 1138;30794497]People cannot drive here, they do not bother to even use the indicator when making lane changes....the list goes on, worst place I ever lived by far for moronic behavior on the roads. Also a lot of hot heads, hurry up get out of my way I'm riding your ass types who do not care that gas is nearly $4/gallon. I have plenty of HP at my disposal more than the average car..a lot more... but I do not drive my car on the road like I'm racing, it's so funny to see these idiots at the lights slam down the throttle in some ill attempt to race you to the next light or to get ahead of you, only to pass them 30 seconds later when they are sitting in traffic....

Back in 2008, South Florida was named the Road Rage Capital of the US...can't say if that still stands while Road Rage in general exists all over, from my experience South Florida takes the cake...

For a moment there I thought you were talking about Delaware, LOL! They are pure a*s's up here, there's not a day gone by when driving you don't encounter a idiot, they are male, female, young, & old & they all have DE plates. They don't know what a turn signal is & everyone is in a big hurry to go no where. You can't drive fast enough for them no matter what you do.

A few yrs ago my husband said he was at a major 4 way intersection, he was sitting in traffic at a red light when 2 vehicles ahead of him he saw the car doors fly open, two 40-ish men jumped out of a pickup truck, & four 20-ish men jumped out of a car. All 6 began a street brawl right there in front of him while all the traffic watched in amazement. The 2 men he said beat the crap out of the 4 young guys, the light turned green they all returned to their vehicles & speed off. How's that for entertainment while you're stopped at a light!

Old 08-09-2013, 12:58 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
I find drivers can be rude, ignorant and lacking in courtesy just about everywhere,Fla. is just another place where it happens.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:57 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post

For a moment there I thought you were talking about Delaware, LOL! They are pure a*s's up here, there's not a day gone by when driving you don't encounter a idiot, they are male, female, young, & old & they all have DE plates. They don't know what a turn signal is & everyone is in a big hurry to go no where. You can't drive fast enough for them no matter what you do.

A few yrs ago my husband said he was at a major 4 way intersection, he was sitting in traffic at a red light when 2 vehicles ahead of him he saw the car doors fly open, two 40-ish men jumped out of a pickup truck, & four 20-ish men jumped out of a car. All 6 began a street brawl right there in front of him while all the traffic watched in amazement. The 2 men he said beat the crap out of the 4 young guys, the light turned green they all returned to their vehicles & speed off. How's that for entertainment while you're stopped at a light!
Road Rage is everywhere, I lived in several states up and down the East Coast and use to go to Delaware on my way to Ocean City Maryland and also to Wilmington on a daily basis for business. I never saw anything as bad as you described but it doesn't surprise me.

The biggest problem I see is a lack of respect or just good old plain driving skills on the road...people tend to sit in the passing lanes here and go slow and not move out of the way, the new laws passed saying you can be ticketed for this is a joke, I have recently experienced PBSO and FHP officers riding slow behind people on the Turnpike, and other roads here who do this and they do nothing about it.

These people have no idea what the passing lane is, they just ride in it and go 40 or 50mph in a 60 or 70mph posted limit...and are totally oblivious to the world around them. I experience this behavior on a daily basis here...and it often makes my blood boil but I do not crack, I have seen people crack and they will either tail gate these types, pass and blow the horn and flip the bird or cut in and front of them and slam on the brakes to retaliate which in the end is a ill fated attempt...since the people tend to have a total Deer in the Headlights expression on their face and would not react to a Atom Bomb explosion...

Old 08-13-2013, 01:27 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,821,339 times
Oh, there's plenty of road rage in rural Maine. CRAZY DRIVERS!!!!!! But they're probably going crazy from living in a cold dry hilly place. In fact, I saw someone pull off the road randomly and another truck was being VERY slow.

IT'S EVERYWHERE. IT'S NOT JUST A FLORIDA THING!!!!!!

Old 08-13-2013, 01:30 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Road Rage is everywhere, I lived in several states up and down the East Coast and use to go to Delaware on my way to Ocean City Maryland and also to Wilmington on a daily basis for business. .
I recently drove through Chicago during rush hour on a Friday...and it was a cake walk compared to how it is down here. People allowed others to merge and change lanes

Old 08-14-2013, 06:42 PM

641 posts, read 1,020,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I find drivers can be rude, ignorant and lacking in courtesy just about everywhere,Fla. is just another place where it happens.
this is your only argument?
really?

see post about Chicago above ^..... yes TRAFFIC may be worse in other areas, but at least people know how to drive...in FL the driving is idiotic at best

Old 08-14-2013, 07:33 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,046 times
South Florida Drivers = HowStuffWorks "How Turn Signals Work"

Old 08-15-2013, 02:15 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post

LOVE IT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida