Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 04:53 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,647,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingitfirst View Post
Oh and why do people want the government to do everything. They have laws against this sort of stuff. The builder will be in Jail if he misappropriated the funds and there is a recovery fund for victims of contractors. What more do people want? It's her fault for not doing her research and buying a cheap pool. If Walmart sold pools you'd feel comfortable buying it. But for Walmart to build a pool and be profitable to make it worth while, they would have to charge the right price for their customers to get a good finished product. Yet a customer would rather give up the security of a company the size of walmart to go with a cheaper price. And with that cheaper price comes no profit because he sold it under the right price. And some how consumers now whats going on but feel it is ok to buy the pool for under the right price. That is called stealing. Consumers steal in the begining and thats ok but when they get screwed in the end then thats not ok anymore and they play dumb. Thats the facts my friend so when you under pay for something and get screwed you deserved it and that is that.

Probably because the government makes it hard to do it yourself. I tried to help a friend did his own pool but the Metro-Dade building department saw to it that it was not easy to get permits. Finally he just gave up. I have a rule never to allow any contractors on my property. This also goes for my parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2007, 05:14 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,158,296 times
Quote:
Well your mom shouldn't have bought the cheapest pool. She should have went with a reputable company. If she thought she did then she didn't do a good enough job researching them. Just because someone knows how to construct a pool doesn't make them a good money manager. I bet she wishes she paid more upfront than to go through what she is going through now. A good company has been around for 50+ years with articles supporting their success and a degree in business would be nice. If your in the state of Florida contact the DBPR at myflorida.com file a complaint and they a a recovery fund. It's pennies on the dollar of what you lost but it's something. I wouldn't hire an attorney they are bigger thiefs than pool builders besides they lost all your money you can't get nothing out of them but a judgement on the corporation and that will be dissolved. Good Luck
It's a 7 month old thread. Respond to something current.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:32 PM

7 posts, read 31,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Did saying this somehow make you feel better or superior in some way? How was your post helpful in any way?
Very simple, anyone who reads this will think twice about being cheap. flea bag companies can hurt the business of respectable companies. Plus on top of it all I do feel better. Thanks for asking.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:46 PM

8,488 posts, read 20,542,091 times
Quote:
Well your mom shouldn't have bought the cheapest pool. She should have went with a reputable company. If she thought she did then she didn't do a good enough job researching them. Just because someone knows how to construct a pool doesn't make them a good money manager. I bet she wishes she paid more upfront than to go through what she is going through now. A good company has been around for 50+ years with articles supporting their success and a degree in business would be nice. If your in the state of Florida contact the DBPR at myflorida.com file a complaint and they a a recovery fund. It's pennies on the dollar of what you lost but it's something. I wouldn't hire an attorney they are bigger thiefs than pool builders besides they lost all your money you can't get nothing out of them but a judgement on the corporation and that will be dissolved. Good Luck

$42,000 is the cheapest pool?
All the sales people must love it when you walk in the door.
$42,000 would be enough for a good size pool, screen enclosure, pavers instead of cool deck, salt chlorinator, heater and more.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:47 PM

8,488 posts, read 20,542,091 times
Quote:
Well the only pool builder that will build a pool like that would be an idoit. So have fun with that. It's a good idea just not practicle. To many consumers are theifs and pool builders don't like getting screwed either. The best to just to get a real pool builder. Blue Haven Pools for one. They're like the biggest pool builder in the world all over the USA. I'm sure they have a right price.

Well that is how I built my pool and the pool builder I used does it all the time as well as most of the other pool contractors in my area.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:51 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,625,317 times
And a class action lawsuit against a company gone out of business is going to accomplish what again?

Maybe pay for a new BMW for the lawyer.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:52 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,625,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
$42,000 is the cheapest pool?
All the sales people must love it when you walk in the door.
$42,000 would be enough for a good size pool, screen enclosure, pavers instead of cool deck, salt chlorinator, heater and more.
Yup and probably even fiber optic lighting

Old 07-09-2007, 03:09 PM

41 posts, read 241,285 times
We use Klear Pool Service

they are in Port Charlotte.

if your close by give them a call, they might be of some assistance

Klear Pool Service
119 Tamiami Trail Unit A
Port Charlotte, Fl 33953
941-766-9898

Old 09-15-2007, 09:31 AM

3 posts, read 12,683 times
I am also a victim of RDMarkert Pools closing and would like some information on the class action suit, if you have any. Thank you.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:37 AM

4,948 posts, read 18,630,907 times
you could contact channel 8 on your side, they might get some answers for her.
also contact the attorney general. This happens every day if you watch t v
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: