Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think gun control would be beneficial in the State Of Florida?
Yes 21 31.34%
No 46 68.66%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 06:22 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,653,818 times

Advertisements

Do you think gun control would be beneficial in the State Of Florida? Please do not start arguing and bickering back and forth. PLEASE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 06:52 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,908,001 times
The only entities that gun control benefits are the government and criminals (usually one and the same).

Old 08-17-2013, 07:49 PM

5,663 posts, read 10,734,978 times
"Gun Control" is pretty nebulous. Specifically, what do you mean?

Old 08-17-2013, 08:15 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,653,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
"Gun Control" is pretty nebulous. Specifically, what do you mean?
Stuff like closing the gun show loophole, limiting magazine sizes, etc.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:24 PM

515 posts, read 1,347,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
No. The majority of guns used in crimes are either stolen or legally purchased by a person who can own a gun and then illegally given or sold to someone who isn't supposed to own one. There is no evidence at all that the "gun show loophole" increases crime in any way.

Magazine size limits are also equally worthless. If you recall, the first government assault weapons ban outlawed the sale of guns with more than 10 round magazines. That had no effect on gun violence. Most people aren't killed with assault weapons loaded with a 100 round drum magazine, they're killed by cheap, small handguns that don't have huge magazines. Plus, the answer to magazine size limitations is just to carry more magazines. A decent shooter can change magazines in two to three seconds.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:42 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occifer View Post
No. The majority of guns used in crimes are either stolen or legally purchased by a person who can own a gun and then illegally given or sold to someone who isn't supposed to own one. There is no evidence at all that the "gun show loophole" increases crime in any way.

Magazine size limits are also equally worthless. If you recall, the first government assault weapons ban outlawed the sale of guns with more than 10 round magazines. That had no effect on gun violence. Most people aren't killed with assault weapons loaded with a 100 round drum magazine, they're killed by cheap, small handguns that don't have huge magazines. Plus, the answer to magazine size limitations is just to carry more magazines. A decent shooter can change magazines in two to three seconds.
Point Right On! The God's honest truth is most people do not carry fire arms on a day to day basis. I myself feel safe most of the time, but I am all ways aware of my surroundings.

Most gun owners are vey careful and take measured steps in deploying any fire arm. In the case of a home invasion criminals may not be sure who has a firearm. Better yet the Home owner to have the mental will to actually use one.

Most of the time FDLE and Local law enforcement does a good job identify problem areas or have a increased presents in reported suspicious activity.

Additional laws on the books "NO". We as Citizens must have the reassurance that we can defend our home in the 8 minutes it takes for most departments to react. If you live in the County, lets say Kenansville or Halopaw it just may take longer!

The other circumstances would be if you had to travel into a area that you may not be totally confident.

Most folks who have side arms and rifles are Hunters or just like the art of shooting. Better yet a collector of fire arm History.

Bottom line ,most of the time Florida as a whole is a safe place. there is always those who are willing to do evil. We do not have the problems where criminals run free and where speaking about a Cleveland, Detroit, LA or Chicago.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:49 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,884,485 times
Quote:
Do you think gun control would be beneficial in the State Of Florida? Please do not start arguing and bickering back and forth. PLEASE
Don't bicker? Why keep posting controversial questions and "polls" then?

Old 08-18-2013, 07:32 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,420,995 times
Quote:
I bought mine at a gun show. Was required to have my background. Didn't bother me. Clean record. As another said, most guns used in crimes are stolen. Very few people decide to commit a crime, go to purchase a gun and wait for that background check to come through and know they'll have a paper trail leading law enforcement to their door thanks to their newly recorded purchase. Those are the stupid criminals. We like them. They make the job easier. Limiting magazines won't change a thing either. It takes a fraction of a second to drop one and pop in another. That's so silly.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:15 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,685,373 times
Of course it would be good-- it's a no-brainer.
Look at countries like the UK and Australia-- they have very strict gun control laws and do not nearly have as much gun death per capita as the US.

The US is such a violent country and mass shooting after mass shooting keeps on repeating itself and will continue to do so until some serious gun control is put into place.

Facts are facts and statistics don't lie-- the US has more gun deaths than any developed country in the world. I mean, why wouldn't we want more gun control?
Honestly, if it were up to me-- I would have guns banned outright-- no one gets guns except law enforcement agencies.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:17 AM

861 posts, read 1,455,108 times
No, the second amendment says we have the right to bear arms. I don't understand why liberals hate guns and like to ignore the second amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: