U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 10:49 AM

8 posts, read 36,973 times

Advertisements

We were in the area (st. augustine and around) this week, to look around the area, homes, communities. we want to move there by mid next year. we heard about this new township Nocatee, coming up by next year. Has anyone heard about that? can i get some feedback? It sounded very flashy to us, interesting but what's the feasibility of that project going through? is it really worth considering or it's just a big hoopla?

also i must say that when we visited the area, we were really pleasantly surprised by the people, they are so nice!! so friendly! they actually have time to smile, talk and give you information! great service in service industry! so very unlike NJ!! NJ is generally so busy, quite rude and uncaring.

i loved the weather, the look, people in FL! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2006, 09:49 AM

68 posts, read 298,548 times
nocatee is happening already. there are plenty of new roads and land being cleared for homes. also a new mall is scheduled to be completed in 2010 over there. www.nocatee.com

Old 10-17-2006, 10:59 AM

41 posts, read 129,549 times
Default Nocatee

I live in North Port and drive through Nocatee on occasion to visit relatives. Nocatee is close to Arcadia, both of which have a large hispanic population. Less than 25% of the population of Arcadia have gaduated from high school and I expect that Nocatee would be the same. Some of the cheapest real estate within 100 miles of Sarasota is located in the area, drive through and you will see why. Many homes damaged by Hurricane Charley remain untouched.
I would do a lot of research before investing time and money to visit the Arcadia/Nocatee area. You should be able to find a nice home in a much nicer area elsewhere. Florida real estate is in a strong buyer's market. I just purchased a new 3/2/2 home in North Port for $176900 that I am renting to my son. The same home listed for $222000 a year ago.

Good luck, Jim

Old 01-07-2007, 01:19 PM

7 posts, read 59,213 times
WOW I just read Jim's post and can't believe what he said. I LIVE in ARCADIA and it is nothing like what he said. Yes the Mexican population is quite alot but how many white people do you know that will pick oranges?? I am serious. It is hard work!! I had a grove and my husband and I picked just part of it and I said I would never do that again. They are hard working people and if they weren't here then our oranges wouldn't get picked. Nuff said about that... Now about the house values... Our land is very expensive here in Desoto County and where I live in North Arcadia the land is the most expensive at anywhere from $6,000-$20,000 an acre. My house will be up for sale by March and we are going to be asking $399,000 for it. It is on 3 acres. We have a pool with a slide, 4 bd, 2 ba and the house has fancy entrance walls with black iron gates. I LOVE my house. We built it ourselves back in 2004 it was finished. Just 4 months before hurricane charley blew through. We had a tornado come over and rip off part of the roof but other than that we did pretty good considering.

I would say that Desoto County is a nice place to live. The property tax is another thing here. We are moving to Tennessee this summer and I have been in Desoto area my whole life. I am 40 years old now.

Good luck.

Sonja

Old 01-07-2007, 02:23 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,340,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisonja View Post
WOW I just read Jim's post and can't believe what he said. I LIVE in ARCADIA and it is nothing like what he said. Yes the Mexican population is quite alot but how many white people do you know that will pick oranges?? I am serious. It is hard work!! I had a grove and my husband and I picked just part of it and I said I would never do that again. They are hard working people and if they weren't here then our oranges wouldn't get picked. Nuff said about that... Now about the house values... Our land is very expensive here in Desoto County and where I live in North Arcadia the land is the most expensive at anywhere from $6,000-$20,000 an acre. My house will be up for sale by March and we are going to be asking $399,000 for it. It is on 3 acres. We have a pool with a slide, 4 bd, 2 ba and the house has fancy entrance walls with black iron gates. I LOVE my house. We built it ourselves back in 2004 it was finished. Just 4 months before hurricane charley blew through. We had a tornado come over and rip off part of the roof but other than that we did pretty good considering.

I would say that Desoto County is a nice place to live. The property tax is another thing here. We are moving to Tennessee this summer and I have been in Desoto area my whole life. I am 40 years old now.

Good luck.

Sonja
Its a shame all the crackers are moving out. Charley did alot of damage there. I was looking at the Turner Center after the storm and it was bad. well good luck in Tennessee.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:21 PM

17 posts, read 18,837 times
wow when was the last time you drove 17 through Nocatee? Not an American face in the bunch. Shacks and blue tarps line the street. Not very nice. I dont remember seeing any new streets or houses. The only thing Arcadia has going for it is the historic district. I like going to the antique stores and love the old opera house. If you decide to relocate here please drive there first and check it out in person, you might be very disappointed

Old 01-09-2007, 04:54 AM

495 posts, read 2,080,011 times
I think we are talking about two different Nokatees here. The one the origional poster was referring to was in NE St Johns County not the one south near Arcadia.

The on in St Johns is being built from scratch in the pine woods near the inland waterway and US Highway 1.

It will have access to I-95 by a spur off the interstate and is supposed to have thousands of new homes when it is finished.

It is in a high growth area and land in that area is probably a good investment

Old 01-09-2007, 02:52 PM

17 posts, read 18,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wacahootaman View Post
I think we are talking about two different Nokatees here. The one the origional poster was referring to was in NE St Johns County not the one south near Arcadia.

The on in St Johns is being built from scratch in the pine woods near the inland waterway and US Highway 1.

It will have access to I-95 by a spur off the interstate and is supposed to have thousands of new homes when it is finished.

It is in a high growth area and land in that area is probably a good investment
Well, that would explain alot!!!!!

Old 01-09-2007, 08:14 PM

60 posts, read 236,646 times
Nocatee is going to be a HUGE new area in NE St Johns County between Jacksonville and St Augustine...

1,000's of homes...and expensive ones to boot. Who is moving here that can afford $300K ++?? Confuses the heck out of me sometimes!

Old 01-12-2007, 09:23 PM

44 posts, read 140,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisonja View Post

Good luck.

Sonja
Nocatee, in Desoto County, is dirty and route 17 is old shacks and tarps left over from Charley. If you say Desoto is expensive with land starting at $6,000 an acre, you have been sleeping. Land in Charlotte and Sarasota counties start at $50,000 an acre. Now that is expensive! You have to admit that quite alot of the population in Nocatee and Arcadia is Mexican or Indian. I drive through Nocatee and Arcadia and am hard pressed to find a white face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida