Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 09:48 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,273,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
Incandescent bulbs get the job done for pennies, they can last 100 years you know. The most efficient would probably be LEDs but are more expensive. If I wanted to showcase a certain room I use LED if not I just go with Incandescent...

thank you Federal Government lobbies for this.
Pennies? I can get a CFL 60 watt equivalent for 13 watts. Now that is pennies?

What are you fricken talking about. Let's not waste anymore energy than we have to people.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 09:52 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCSteel View Post
Incandescent bulbs are slated to be illegal to sell other than specialty incandescent bulbs. They have already delayed this several times but I would expect the regular incandescents to be removed from store shelves by the end of next year.
Thanks, I'll start buying a back stock!

Old 08-31-2013, 03:27 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
Are you old? It seems the older generation can't get over these out of date incandescents. But hey if you want to pay for 60 watt light bulbs that is up t you.

Ill stick to the 13 watt CFL....I like my place lighted up and bright....I can't tell you how many times I've been to my grandparents or another older person's house and every light is on and it is dark as crap in there.
Unfortunately it's the "older generation" that knows that it is NONE OF GOVERNMENT'S business to regulate the citizenry to death with regulations upon regulations and interfering with toilets, salt, sugar, mpg, toothbrushing, selling pumpkins and LIGHTBULBS FFS.

Suffocated By Red Tape – 12 Ridiculous Regulations That Are Almost Too Bizarre To Believe

It seems the younger generation can't comprehend the concept of individual freedoms that this country was founded on.

And saying that incandescent bulbs are dark and florescent bulbs are bright makes no sense at all. Thanks government schools! The measurement on "brightness" is lumens not watts.

Old 08-31-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Unfortunately it's the "older generation" that knows that it is NONE OF GOVERNMENT'S business to regulate the citizenry to death with regulations upon regulations and interfering with toilets, salt, sugar, mpg, toothbrushing, selling pumpkins and LIGHTBULBS FFS.

Suffocated By Red Tape – 12 Ridiculous Regulations That Are Almost Too Bizarre To Believe

It seems the younger generation can't comprehend the concept of individual freedoms that this country was founded on.

And saying that incandescent bulbs are dark and florescent bulbs are bright makes no sense at all. Thanks government schools! The measurement on "brightness" is lumens not watts.
I don't care if you buy a candle or a CFL. The fact of the matter is we don't need to be wasting anymore energy than we have to.

I didn't say that incandescents are dark....can you read? Obviously not.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:52 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
I don't care if you buy a candle or a CFL. The fact of the matter is we don't need to be wasting anymore energy than we have to.

I didn't say that incandescents are dark....can you read? Obviously not.

"We" don't need you or the government lecturing us on "wasting energy" let alone dictating what energy we'll use and how.

Also, try writing better:

Quote:
I like my place lighted up and bright....I can't tell you how many times I've been to my grandparents or another older person's house and every light is on and it is dark as crap in there.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote:
"We" don't need you or the government lecturing us on "wasting energy" let alone dictating what energy we'll use and how.

Also, try writing better:
Hippies and grammar nazi's these days.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:18 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,821,600 times
Mostly CFL's. But a few incandescent.

But why is this in the Florida forum?

Old 09-01-2013, 05:51 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Quote:
Fortunately, the "older generation" members that agree with you keep getting older.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:31 AM

814 posts, read 2,043,645 times
I have stocked up on lots of American made 100 and 75 watt incandescent bulbs. I will use nothing but incandescent for as long as they last and are available for purchase. Incandescent bulbs are non toxic, invented and made in America! you can throw them away in the kitchen trashcan at home. heck you can even eat them! when you think of all the appliances,TV's computers/laptops/chargers/cable-boxes and other assorted electrical items using electricity in the house the light-bulb is usually using the least amount in comparison.

unlike the new "made in some other country" CFL's where according to the directions in/on the box you need to perform the government required HAZMAT cleanup procedures. Plus they need to be recycled according to HAZMAT protocols just like an alkaline battery. it's illegal to throw them in the normal trash because they are not suppose to wind up in a landfill. but ya gotta wonder how many will and already have ended up in landfills.

not too sure yet about led's but they seem really pricey and not cost affective when you add in the purchase price.
nice video explanation of the dangers and detriments of CFL's

Incandescent Light Bulbs Soon to be Permanently Banned in the USA - YouTube

Old 09-02-2013, 05:55 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
If one wants to really affect energy consumption in your home try addressing deficiencies in insulation, doors and windows as well as appliances and most importantly here in Florida, your climate control system. Nickel and diming light bulb consumption is more an afterthought in my opinion, address the big energy consumption items first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida