Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support legalizing marijuana?
Yes 86 73.50%
No 18 15.38%
Only Medically 13 11.11%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 01:06 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times

Advertisements

I never figured out why it was illegal in the first place and why it continues to be illegal, the cost of enforcement and incarceration is astounding, the loss of money to be made on the product is in the billions.
As for being a gateway drug?You really think all people smoking pot are destined to become heroine addicts? and for those few that do why do you care? life itself is a gateway drug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 01:35 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,123,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ld75 View Post
That will never work!

I think it's a BIG mistake if the legalize that garbage. Weed is for crackheads....also known as a gateway drug!
Funny though, most pot smokers will have nothing to do with Crack or Coke in any other form. It in no way leads to hard drug use except perhaps that some who sell (but not most) may sell other stuff and this association disappears with legalization.

Stoners do tend towards Psycadellics which are absolutely non addictive and can be quite positive if used with a bit of respect.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:55 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,087 times
Quote:
That will never work!

I think it's a BIG mistake if the legalize that garbage. Weed is for crackheads....also known as a gateway drug!
Alcohol causes many many many many more problems in this country than ALL the drugs combined. You must be in favor of making it illegal then right??

Old 12-17-2013, 07:02 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,378,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Alcohol causes many many many many more problems in this country than ALL the drugs combined. You must be in favor of making it illegal then right??

So true. Alcohol is much worse.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:51 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
That will never work!

Funny. I've never touched crack, nor do I have an interest in doing so. That goes for any substances such as meth or opiates (legal or illegal).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I never figured out why it was illegal in the first place and why it continues to be illegal, the cost of enforcement and incarceration is astounding, the loss of money to be made on the product is in the billions.
As for being a gateway drug?You really think all people smoking pot are destined to become heroine addicts? and for those few that do why do you care? life itself is a gateway drug.
There is big money in keeping it illegal as well. Ask Big Pharma, and the Prison Industrial Complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
Funny though, most pot smokers will have nothing to do with Crack or Coke in any other form. It in no way leads to hard drug use except perhaps that some who sell (but not most) may sell other stuff and this association disappears with legalization.

Stoners do tend towards Psycadellics which are absolutely non addictive and can be quite positive if used with a bit of respect.
Correct on your first part. As for the second part, I would never mess with psycadellics of any form. The idea of being on a trip for 8-12 hours and seeing s*** that isn't there, isn't my idea of fun. In fact, I'd probably freak the hell out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Of course it does. But we all know how well prohibition worked, now don't we? EPIC FAIL! As is the war on drugs!

P.S. I'm not a Floridian, and live in Ohio. But I felt compelled to respond, in regards to the ridiculous war on a plant that has been used since the beginning of time by some of the most influential people in history, whether it be for medicinal, or industrial purposes. And it's all because of a few butt hurt special interests from back in the day as well as now who lobby the government to continue it's prohibition, out of fear that they will lose money. I'll say it again, find a way to compete, or find a new hobby! I'm guessing it's going to have to be the latter. As with prohibition of alcohol, it appears that within the next 5-10 years the whole house of cards will fall, and the federal ban repealed. Given that there are 16 or so states that have it legal for medical purposes and 2 that legalized it recreationally, I'd say that it is already in motion.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:32 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,083,718 times
Marijuana is destroying our society
Come to California and see it for yourself
wholesale destruction of the land, pollution, and greed
Crime has skyrocketed with dopers living and growing everywhere
Where there is illegal money there is organized crime
Lowlife dopers sucking up social welfare too stoned to get a job other than tending the garden
Children used in indentured servitude to trim for their scumbag parents
Addiction clinics springing up everywhere

Who is going to run the world... I mean be productive.. dopers?

I think not

Before you wish for it wholesale try seeing what it has really done to the world... and the effects arent good

You want to sit home and smoke your brains out.. have at it... want me to smell it.. see it, deal with it or pay you because you scam an "illness"... get bent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: