U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What percentage of FL forumers were born in the state of FL?
Yes, I was born in FL 42 52.50%
No, I wasnt born in FL 38 47.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 06:38 PM

98 posts, read 260,336 times

Advertisements

Debi1957, can I guess where you may be headed?

NC? TN? N. GA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 10:08 PM

1,930 posts, read 9,457,870 times
Born and raised in Jacksonville Florida, and I have lived in Florida all of my life.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:46 AM

395 posts, read 1,355,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9thwonder View Post
Do you still leave here in FL, Floridamom1970?

I guess my poll was set up to see how many of us still living in FL were actually born here... I'm sure some people that post here still may have moved
Yes, we are still here. We were in Austin Texas for three years and loved it but a family emergency forced us back here. I kind of wish we were still there. We were going to move to Oklahoma if my husband had been awarded his disability payments, but he got denied again and is appealing it at the court of appeals level. Otherwise we are now just waiting it out till I get my debts paid off and then we are going to move.We just want a new start and we are hoping to improve the quality of our lives by moving somewhere where we can actually afford a house of our own. We are hoping now to be out of here in two years or less, although we may have to wait for our son to finish high school (10th grade now).Thanks to his having to repeat a year in middle school he will be 18 before he starts his senior year.If he can handle living on his own and going to school for a few monthes we might just let him do that.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:56 AM

172 posts, read 872,376 times
Born and raised in Lee County!

Old 11-16-2007, 08:21 AM

137 posts, read 497,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9thwonder View Post
I thought it would be interesting to see what percentage of forumers were born in the state... I am going to guess .....................about 15%

I was born in Gainesville and still live in the same area. Not sure if that's good or just plain sad!

Old 11-16-2007, 08:21 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,874,914 times
I was born in the Bronx NY but moved to Naples @ almost exactly 1 year old and lived there for 24 years, so my husband says im a native but I certainly don't consider myself one

Old 11-23-2007, 03:13 PM

2 posts, read 2,449 times
HI, i am a "cracker", i was born and raised in "north fort myers", and lived there for 48 yrs and last yr we moved up here to oregon, my husband got a job offer he couldnt refuse and i was excited to see a change of seasons and "snow", which i saw for the first time in my life last winter...too cool...freezing actually...
and fall, wow that is something but then the trees get brown and naked and ugly..lol..
we are living now outside portland oregon by mt.hood, the view is breath taking, summers are so nice you dont need air even in july and august...i havent seen a mosquito sense we left home, there are so many things to see and do here and the public transportation is top notch... BUT
..I MISS FLORIDA so much...lol...there is no place like home and home for me will always be florida and fort myers...sometimes i would give anything for a breath of salty gulf air..we are committed here for 2 more years and then im coming home...
so yes im a native, i was born and raised in fort myers, my kids were born and raised in fort myers, they went the the same schools that i went to and graduated from the same high school i did years before...

Old 11-23-2007, 03:45 PM

57 posts, read 298,040 times
Yep, native. Born in Panama City but raised all over the world. (Air Force brat)
My family on my Grandfather's side helped to settle the DeFuniak Springs/Crestview areas of northwest florida. Grandmother's family helped to settle the Gulf and Bay county areas. Boy howdy, how things have changed!

Old 11-23-2007, 03:49 PM

3,758 posts, read 7,656,691 times
My mother and father lived in Florida and my mom was six months pregnant with me when they left Florida for Ohio. I lived in Ohio all my life and then moved to Florida for six years until most recently. Now, if life begins at conception, would that make me a native Floridian??

Old 11-24-2007, 07:09 AM

282 posts, read 896,962 times
I was born in Florida and now live in Indiana. But recently bought a second home in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or