Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 10:31 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times

Advertisements

Hey, some people may like some of that stuff.

I dont care for Tampa. Never did. Just not my kind of place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limehousemiller View Post
Not liking Tampa is the same thing as not liking to be electrocuted or not liking being sexually assaulted by chimpanzees, people just understand and no explanation is needed.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,112 times
Yes, this is a great take away from this thread; It is hard as heck to find a decent place to live in Florida. Can it be done? Sure. But the time and energy needed to make Florida work is substantial.

Count me as soon to be gone. Can't say I'll miss one single thing other than the nice beaches.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:26 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,934,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limehousemiller View Post
Not liking Tampa is the same thing as not liking to be electrocuted or not liking being sexually assaulted by chimpanzees, people just understand and no explanation is needed.
I'm tempted to agree with you, haha, but that's just my personal bias against the city. I know people who love it over there (I've found a slight respite in St. Pete). Bayshore Blvd is great and I love Davis Islands. There's a lot of beauty in South Tampa.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:30 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,934,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleoels View Post
Yes, this is a great take away from this thread; It is hard as heck to find a decent place to live in Florida. Can it be done? Sure. But the time and energy needed to make Florida work is substantial.

Count me as soon to be gone. Can't say I'll miss one single thing other than the nice beaches.
It does seem easier to find nice places to live elsewhere, but I think that's the retiree quotient here. If one is retiring or moving here part time with a sizeable income, it's very easy to find a nice spot. However, for those who work and want a place that fits their wants, it can be a little more challenging.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:32 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Finally an intelligent response! I agree with you that people do make mistakes in choosing a place to relocate to, but I wonder how many really thought it out or were they all like the fellow in the cartoon.
The questions I poised are questions that potential relocating people need to have answers to for themselves before they take the leap. The post was designed to solicit responses from those who have become dissatisfied with their choices but instead of a reasonable response most chose to attack the poster without answering the simple questions.

I also wanted to sort out the b.s. There are so many posts that provide only an opinion without any explanation of what the opinion is based on. There are also many posts that are simply incorrect information.

I believe the purpose of these forums were to provide good, truthful and accurate information to people considering living here.

Thanks for your post Sunny.
You are most welcome.

I have watched so many here and on other forums and in person move here without a plan and then blame everything under the sun other then themselves when they run into problems.

For me I am living it and will tell the truth of what I like, dislike or see. It is my opinion and my experiences so I hope to help someone not make a mistake like so many have done in the past.

We have a mix here. Some dont mind truthful postings and then others seem to know it is the truth by love to mask it for some reason.

Many here dont want anyone from the north to move here and post total bs stuff.

Like me when I first came here all I read was watch out for those snakes, gators, bugs, heat, every city is full of crime etc etc.

Come to find out we have seen maybe 5 snakes total in almost 3 years. Bugs are not anywhere near my house other then some spiders, have seen one single gator in the wild and have seen crime but not in my area.

They tried to scare people away from coming here.

Some of the most decent hard working family people I have met are not Florida natives, rather from Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Iowa. They have blessed Florida by moving here to balance the scales of so many nasty, rude, haters of anyone from the north.

Now toss in NY, NJ, Mass and you then have some extremely pushy nasty people that I have met while living here.

Truth hurts sometimes but in almost 5 years of reading here the horror stories stick in my mind that someone would up root their entire family and move and never research a thing only to find themselves in a bad town, with bad people and no job.

I hope I can help someone avoid doing that. If someone does not like it too bad.

A good life can be found here if you take the time to research and find a spot that will fit you and your family.

A horrible life can be found if you make a silly mistake and move to the wrong town or area and dont fit in or dont have a job etc.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:12 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
You are most welcome.

I have watched so many here and on other forums and in person move here without a plan and then blame everything under the sun other then themselves when they run into problems.

For me I am living it and will tell the truth of what I like, dislike or see. It is my opinion and my experiences so I hope to help someone not make a mistake like so many have done in the past.

We have a mix here. Some dont mind truthful postings and then others seem to know it is the truth by love to mask it for some reason.

Many here dont want anyone from the north to move here and post total bs stuff.

Like me when I first came here all I read was watch out for those snakes, gators, bugs, heat, every city is full of crime etc etc.

Come to find out we have seen maybe 5 snakes total in almost 3 years. Bugs are not anywhere near my house other then some spiders, have seen one single gator in the wild and have seen crime but not in my area.

They tried to scare people away from coming here.

Some of the most decent hard working family people I have met are not Florida natives, rather from Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Iowa. They have blessed Florida by moving here to balance the scales of so many nasty, rude, haters of anyone from the north.

Now toss in NY, NJ, Mass and you then have some extremely pushy nasty people that I have met while living here.

Truth hurts sometimes but in almost 5 years of reading here the horror stories stick in my mind that someone would up root their entire family and move and never research a thing only to find themselves in a bad town, with bad people and no job.

I hope I can help someone avoid doing that. If someone does not like it too bad.

A good life can be found here if you take the time to research and find a spot that will fit you and your family.

A horrible life can be found if you make a silly mistake and move to the wrong town or area and dont fit in or dont have a job etc.
Problem with your logic is you only want to impart the pros of living in Florida and none of the cons, anyone mention a negative and you are quick to label them haters and bashers or just nasty people from NY, NJ, Mass , if people are coming to this forum looking for the pros and cons of making a move to Florida you cant chastise people for airing their negative experiences or you'll end up with a very pro Florida bias that really doesnt impart the full story., as an example some one listening to your description of Florida would have them thinking Florida is paradise with nothing but carefree days spent at the beach under the palm trees with perfect weather,, best move you'll ever make,we are happy happy happy.

Last edited by jambo101; 10-02-2013 at 01:39 AM..

Old 10-02-2013, 06:35 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Problem with your logic is you only want to impart the pros of living in Florida and none of the cons, anyone mention a negative and you are quick to label them haters and bashers or just nasty people from NY, NJ, Mass , if people are coming to this forum looking for the pros and cons of making a move to Florida you cant chastise people for airing their negative experiences or you'll end up with a very pro Florida bias that really doesnt impart the full story., as an example some one listening to your description of Florida would have them thinking Florida is paradise with nothing but carefree days spent at the beach under the palm trees with perfect weather,, best move you'll ever make,we are happy happy happy.

You must not read my post well. Although I post what I do and consider myself lucky I never tell anyone life is 110% perfection.

Take the time to read and comprehend. I also state many negatives with making the wrong choices, jobs, towns, schools etc and you can be quickly miserable.

What is wrong with my opinion? So I am not allowed to give the negatives unless you agree with it. One hand says I never mention a negative but then when I state the truth that most rude people I have ran into are from the NE that is a bad thing.

Which way do you want it then?

I post the good things and you dont like it either.

For me it has been carefree days and fun in the sun but that wont happen for everyone. So I am telling others the good, bad and ugly.

For my family it has been happy, happy, happy and I never once said it would be the same for others.

I tell people we have good towns and bad towns, good people and bad people, crime, weirdos, sex offenders etc but you kinda skip over those comments.

Try to comprehend a bit instead of being so blind sided.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:43 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
I have mentioned negatives in the past and you have taken me to task for doing so, lumping me in with your hater and basher demographic..

Old 10-02-2013, 08:51 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I have mentioned negatives in the past and you have taken me to task for doing so, lumping me in with your hater and basher demographic..
I have to agree with your earlier post..For us there were 2 sides of the coin so to speak. and If I post what we really didnt like about it or what we saw or weather or not we will be returning Im a Hater, if I post how much we loved it and our experience Im a Cheerleader...There are positives and negatives and not everyone will have the same experience However not all of Florida is the way another part of Florida might be..We have our reservations about returning for quite a few reasons, which I know in my heart are valid, doesnt mean I still don't love Florida and am very torn..We happen to have had a great 3 year experience for the most part but I cant deny the ugly things we had encountered or the negatives either...I think that an honest post in general would help people looking to relocate but the problem with that too is again I may have had a great experience, and the next person says Are you crazy its awful here or why would anyone want to live there...No different than where we live now, we really don't see the Fascination about where we live, but people seem to love it here and well I am not going to tell them not to move here because of our feelings or Experiences...This is a hard one..

Old 10-02-2013, 09:06 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleoels View Post

Lol there are actually several great places to live in Florida. Did you even try to find a good place?

And what is with the Tampa hate? It has some very nice parts to it, though it is certainly not my favorite Florida city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida