U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-29-2007, 08:56 AM
 
76 posts, read 203,011 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJNEY View Post
OH, DEAR somebody has got LEWLEW started again!! GO LEWLEW GO LEWLEW... NO i'm not Ghetto I've just always wanted to say that LOL
Continued..."suburbarural" that's a good one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-29-2007, 08:57 AM
 
1,023 posts, read 2,994,842 times
Reputation: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJNEY View Post
FYI NP is still an area with a Ton of Land. I'm just saying..."you're still my HERO though"!
Yes, it reminds me of St. Augustine. There is still NOTHING there, but old St. Aug and the beach, but people LOVE it. You still have to pass booby bars from the 70's, truck stops, rest areas and even huge fireworks factories to get to homes there, but people think it's the cat's meow. It's b/c it's close to the beach, rural enough to not be congested and overpopulated, as well as less crime. I can't stand St. Aug for anything besides the beach and beauty. I'd rather live next to a WalMart than a truck stop anyday. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2007, 09:03 AM
 
1,023 posts, read 2,994,842 times
Reputation: 271
Can't you tell I LOVE this site? Is it obvious I hate my job, so I go on here to vent b/c I can't vent at work. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2007, 09:07 AM
 
76 posts, read 203,011 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewLew View Post
Completely. However aren't the homes in Naples smaller? NP has homes 2200 sq. feet under air for low 200's and even 100's. I thought Naples was flooded with the 1600 and 1700 sq. foot homes? I am looking at a job on Cativa, so Naples could potentially be an option for us, but I wasn't aware the prices had dropped so much. I have friends in Estero, but their home is a little box. :-) Do you live in Naples?
I sure do! I'm telling you he needs to CHECK IT out. Think of it FringedNFab when your family comes down from Ohio do you want them to say ""Well, this is nice a little out in the BOONIES, but at least it's safe and with lot's of potential"(given you're in NP) or WOW!!! this is were you live DOUBLE WOW!! GOOD JOB SON!! youré moving tomorrow! unless of course you don't want your family here haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2007, 09:07 AM
 
Location: Sarasota area
360 posts, read 1,727,945 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewLew View Post
Just one thing on the septic and well. Again, with Jax, but it is slated as the fastest growing city in FL, so I think it is a good example. We are flanked on one side by the St. John's River, and on the other by the ocean. Almost every single multi-million dollar home on the river has septic..they had well until about 10 years ago. There is a street, Scott Mill, which is nothing but lovely "suburbarural" homes along the river with 1/2 to 1+ acre lots...don't sell for less than 650K, and they have septic and well. All septic and well means is that the city hadn't laid public utilities yet. It's not a negative. It might take the city 15-20 years to get them all in. It's kind of insulting that people think that means you live in some dump, bayou, slum where you **** in an outhouse. Yes, you have to have water filtration systems etc. BUT, I have public water in Jax, and sewage and I still don't drink my faucet water. The only negative is you'll be assessed by the city when the public utilties do come to your street. It can be pricey, but you've saved on a large water bill for all those years in advance. Again, just my opinion. Septic and well are not the "greatest" things ever, but it's not indicative of something as negative as people say. Move to a farm, a horse ranch, a plantation, etc. Those rich folks all have septic and well.
I've always lived in the city all my life up here in Ohio with city water and utilities, but haven't used tap water for anything other than washing clothes or showering the past 15 years. I can't remember the last time I drank or boiled in tap water. I buy my own water. On top of my monthly water bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2007, 09:11 AM
 
1,023 posts, read 2,994,842 times
Reputation: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by FringedNFab View Post
I've always lived in the city all my life up here in Ohio with city water and utilities, but haven't used tap water for anything other than washing clothes or showering the past 15 years. I can't remember the last time I drank or boiled in tap water. I buy my own water. On top of my monthly water bill.
Ditto on my end
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2007, 09:11 AM
 
76 posts, read 203,011 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewLew View Post
Yes, it reminds me of St. Augustine. There is still NOTHING there, but old St. Aug and the beach, but people LOVE it. You still have to pass booby bars from the 70's, truck stops, rest areas and even huge fireworks factories to get to homes there, but people think it's the cat's meow. It's b/c it's close to the beach, rural enough to not be congested and overpopulated, as well as less crime. I can't stand St. Aug for anything besides the beach and beauty. I'd rather live next to a WalMart than a truck stop anyday. LOL
In all fairness you can't Compare ST. Aug with NP. but I see were you are heading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2007, 09:11 AM
 
Location: Sarasota area
360 posts, read 1,727,945 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJNEY View Post
True it not ocala or palatka but trust me OP it's rural enough. Lets analyze what LEWLEW said there is 2 PUBLIX (supermarket), "A"Winn-Dixie (supermarket)"A" Target, "A" Walmart, "3"Gas Stations(that's scary)and let's keep it short and say "4" Restaurants....well my friend take out a Map and find NP you will find a pretty large piece of land soooo...compare the amount of land to local store shops etc.= Rural. think about it NO mall No Barnes & Noble to kick back in. Now of course you have to compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges. Were you are and NP Florida, I think Florida might win by a land slide because once you are here and decide it's too slow for you or what ever. You can always move to another city and TA-DA you are still in PARADISE.
True True... and once I'm down there I plan on staying a looooong while
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2007, 09:12 AM
 
1,023 posts, read 2,994,842 times
Reputation: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJNEY View Post
I sure do! I'm telling you he needs to CHECK IT out. Think of it FringedNFab when your family comes down from Ohio do you want them to say ""Well, this is nice a little out in the BOONIES, but at least it's safe and with lot's of potential"(given you're in NP) or WOW!!! this is were you live DOUBLE WOW!! GOOD JOB SON!! youré moving tomorrow! unless of course you don't want your family here haha
What are the "best" areas of Naples that you don't have to be a millionaire to live in? I didn't realize the prices fell that far down. It's not in the news as much as Sarasota area. I like both areas...we own a condo on Marco Island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2007, 09:15 AM
 
76 posts, read 203,011 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewLew View Post
Completely. However aren't the homes in Naples smaller? NP has homes 2200 sq. feet under air for low 200's and even 100's. I thought Naples was flooded with the 1600 and 1700 sq. foot homes? I am looking at a job on Cativa, so Naples could potentially be an option for us, but I wasn't aware the prices had dropped so much. I have friends in Estero, but their home is a little box. :-) Do you live in Naples?
There was a time where if you wanted a bigger house people looked out to NP etc. Not because Naples doen't have larger homes but because they were too expensive!! Which they still are.... but because of the market you can get good deal if you are looking for 2-3BR home anyhting larger and your S***out of luck unless you're able and willing to pay big bucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top