Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 07:29 AM

11 posts, read 42,750 times

Advertisements

Also go to google search and type in population in (venice, Fl) and put city and state and a link pops up with all info for that area, goos site
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 01:03 PM

2 posts, read 3,695 times
North port isnt bad my sister lives there and has four small children she says the schools are great there. The only problem I see they have a badly designed main street called Cranberry with lots of wrecks. but they just put a street light up there I guess they only had stop signs beforeso it should make a difference. nice cute place other than that though.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FringedNFab View Post
Hi everyone. I'm new to this, but love all the insight reading all these posts about Southwest Florida. And what some hate, others LOVE! And this could be said anywhere really, no matter where you live. Anyway I'm hoping to move down by late Winter '08 or early Spring. Are there any other younger couples or singles who find North Port exciting and a great place to live? I've been to Clearwater Beach on vacation once, but that was around 1998. And am looking for something non-touristy and more laid back "Old-Florida" as people call it. Even though I am only 33! And North Port seems the best so far... Any Advice?

Let me give you a bit of positive insight on the city of North Port. It isnt a bad place to live at all. I have been in Florida for 2 years now. I have moved from Wayne, Michigan in Southeastern lower Michigan. I have lived in Punta Gorda, Fl and Fort Myers, FL. So far, Punta Gorda and North Port have been the best cities that I have lived in. I do drive 1 hour to work. It is all highway with a bunch of *******s and morons who attempt to drive 90 MPH and it seems that 80 MPH isnt good enough for them. Anyhow, I love it!! The beaches are amazing. There is much to explore throughout Florida. I am 36 years old and dont ever plan to go back to the snow blasted north. It so sucks there. Englewood Beach is a cool, laid back, more family oriented beach and Fort Myers Beach has more bars , restaurants and shops. Its also has more riff raff and partiers. There are alot of whiners that its hot here and Oh! The water is mirky??? Bah!! Its all cool. There is something for everyone. Welcome here and enjoy life!!!

Old 12-01-2008, 08:35 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,148,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
Make sure to visit mid August, you'll get the effect of what 9-10 months of your life will feel like weather wise.
I know that this is an old post, and I'm just pointing out a logical problem, but if mid-August is what it's like for 9-10 months, then one certainly wouldn't have to visit in mid-August. Any time during those 9-10 months would do.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:34 PM

3 posts, read 8,687 times
North Port is not the place to move to! It lacks everything but canes and walkers. There aren't any jobs here.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:21 AM

191 posts, read 665,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten_Udder View Post
I know that this is an old post, and I'm just pointing out a logical problem, but if mid-August is what it's like for 9-10 months, then one certainly wouldn't have to visit in mid-August. Any time during those 9-10 months would do.

LOL LOL................thats so true

Old 06-22-2010, 09:22 PM

5 posts, read 7,039 times
I read all information about NP, the negative opinion got me confuse but Positive's opinion are a lot here. so.. I am ready to move to NP now, actually today I made offering to beautiful house there in NP, around toledo blade, the house is close to I-75, great school (mostly school are grade A). I am familiar with Port charlotte a lot, and that's close to pt charlotte, so I am so exiting now. Everytime I met someone who live there, I asked how they live there, all of them said they love to live there, they said NP is family oriented. that is enough reason for me to move there, I am single mom with 3.5 Years old baby, my hubby just passed away 6 months ago, don't like night life so much. so I hope NP is perfect city for me and my baby.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:48 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofbratboy View Post
I read all information about NP, the negative opinion got me confuse but Positive's opinion are a lot here. so.. I am ready to move to NP now, actually today I made offering to beautiful house there in NP, around toledo blade, the house is close to I-75, great school (mostly school are grade A). I am familiar with Port charlotte a lot, and that's close to pt charlotte, so I am so exiting now. Everytime I met someone who live there, I asked how they live there, all of them said they love to live there, they said NP is family oriented. that is enough reason for me to move there, I am single mom with 3.5 Years old baby, my hubby just passed away 6 months ago, don't like night life so much. so I hope NP is perfect city for me and my baby.
There are plenty of people living in North Port and loving it, I'm sure you will, too.

Good luck to you and your baby, sounds like you found a great home!

Old 06-26-2010, 12:47 PM

5 posts, read 7,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
There are plenty of people living in North Port and loving it, I'm sure you will, too.

Good luck to you and your baby, sounds like you found a great home!
Thank you gypsychic, actually seller accepted my offering, the house indeed so beautiful, but has history of chinese drywall..... but seller has certificate from city of North Port, the house is clean. I'll do home inspection myself, and I'll go from there.

Old 06-26-2010, 01:08 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofbratboy View Post
Thank you gypsychic, actually seller accepted my offering, the house indeed so beautiful, but has history of chinese drywall..... but seller has certificate from city of North Port, the house is clean. I'll do home inspection myself, and I'll go from there.
You have a what?????? I hope someone shows me differently, but I have never heard of the city of North Port handing out certificates for houses "cleaned" of Chinese Drywall.

Btw, buy one of those houses and the house is saddled with that mark against if for a very long time. They aren't even sure of the lasting effects, "remedied" or not.

Run. Now.

Oh, and if you made an offer that is accepted, it should have a contingency for certified inspection. Most folks won't let you pull out of the deal just because you inspected it. Good gosh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida