Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 09:02 PM

652 posts, read 1,652,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah I've been there View Post
i agree. The whole 25 is middle aged is so passé....no one thinks like that anymore.
the joke went over your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 01:31 AM

147 posts, read 279,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowSoFlorida View Post
the joke went over your head.
no dahling, you just aren't funny. But you're used to laughing at your jokes so loudly you don't realize no one else laughing.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:32 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
Everyone knows that gays mostly want someone younger, it makes me laugh. For a really good laugh just read craigs list and see the sad old queens looking for twinks. If they are so disgusted by someone their own age, what makes them think the younger guys see them anything more than a cash register? South Beach was gay when it was cheap, but the homosexuals seek out depressed areas no more than 5 miles from the coastline to colonize. When they become overpriced they cash out and move on. Rural towns are usually gay repellent but believe it or not there is a gay hideaway even in my area. We call it the "dudette ranch".

Old 11-09-2013, 04:57 PM

147 posts, read 279,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Everyone knows that gays mostly want someone younger, it makes me laugh. For a really good laugh just read craigs list and see the sad old queens looking for twinks. If they are so disgusted by someone their own age, what makes them think the younger guys see them anything more than a cash register? South Beach was gay when it was cheap, but the homosexuals seek out depressed areas no more than 5 miles from the coastline to colonize. When they become overpriced they cash out and move on. Rural towns are usually gay repellent but believe it or not there is a gay hideaway even in my area. We call it the "dudette ranch".
^^^ Homophobe ^^^

Old 06-03-2020, 09:00 PM

119 posts, read 139,726 times
I think Wilton Manors is the best for gay life!
Attached Thumbnails
Wilton Manors VS. Key West VS. South Beach for gay people-718qmv-3wnl._sx522_.jpg  

Old 06-03-2020, 09:30 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,498,811 times
Have you considered - St. Pete on the West Coast?

Old 06-06-2020, 09:21 AM

5,024 posts, read 5,661,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy in Nokomis View Post
Have you considered - St. Pete on the West Coast?
Of course, this is long ago renewed-but I don't mind that. I personally am a straight married male, but I consider myself an ally and no issues supporting diversity in the community in general (including LGBTQ, etc. of course) As for St. Pete-I am curious how it actually does compare to Key West and Miami Beach in this regard-and when I say that, I mean the Kenwood/Grand Central area. Based on limited experience with the 3 and knowing how tourist-oriented that Key West and Miami Beach are... I would say that portion feels more LGBTQ Oriented in general-I think honestly as our society has moved towards being more progressive/accepting, that specific LGBTQ specific areas have perhaps been reduced since this post was written in 2013-at least that's what I've heard. That said, Wilton Manors still appears more uniformly LGBTQ oriented than St. Petersburg, and maybe more than any place I've seen in the Southern US. I guess that is good knowledge to have for someone always seeking new knowledge about cities in general-and to direct anyone else asking similar questions towards. It's interesting that it seems like an area that wouldn't be all that urban in the first place, and still maybe isn't super walkable, but is much more so than it otherwise would be given the presence of the LGBTQ community there.

Old 06-07-2020, 01:26 PM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf of Aden View Post
I think Wilton Manors is the best for gay life!
That's open for interpretation given all LGBT individuals aren't cut from the same cloth. Wilton Manors is built around a bar/club scene demographic which for many was something they gave up well into adulthood. Most I would venture to say are looking for a more well-balanced lifestyle of special interests like the arts, crafting, gardening, entertaining at home, travel and what not. A city like St Petersburg is much more in step with that type of person than places like Wilton Manors or Miami Beach.

Old 06-08-2020, 06:37 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
That's open for interpretation given all LGBT individuals aren't cut from the same cloth. Wilton Manors is built around a bar/club scene demographic which for many was something they gave up well into adulthood. Most I would venture to say are looking for a more well-balanced lifestyle of special interests like the arts, crafting, gardening, entertaining at home, travel and what not. A city like St Petersburg is much more in step with that type of person than places like Wilton Manors or Miami Beach.
Absolutely. The Grand Central corridor in St. Pete is much more organic and urban than Wilton Manors, they really can't be compared. Miami Beach really hasn't been that gay for quite some time now.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:22 AM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
..aren't gay neighborhoods out dated already?..I mean, doesn't that sorta defeat the purpose of equality??

We live in a very conservative...good school zone..yada yada...neighborhood....and have gay neighbors, relatives, friends everywhere
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida