Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2013, 08:17 PM

43 posts, read 99,274 times

Advertisements

Hi all!

I am new here and this is my first time writing, but I have been browsing the threads for awhile. My husband and I are hoping to move to Florida sometime in the summer of 2014 with our 3 children. We are from NH, and we are planning on flying down and checking out the areas and schools in the upcoming months. I am curious to know if anyone can help with job questions. I am a cardiac nurse, and hopefully I will not have a hard time finding a job. Was wondering the general salary for RN's in the area, I know it will be a broad range, but I'm just looking for a ballpark figure. Also, my husband is a truck driver, and was looking for any input on the job market for that area. I see a lot of OTR or owner operated, but he would have to do local driving for a company. Any other info on Port Orange would be greatly appreciated... I was initially looking in the Sarasota area, but it seems like the "NE transplants" seem better fitted to the east coast area. Would also love to hear from some of these transplants and see how they're liking it! Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 05:54 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,847,941 times
Finding a job as a Cardiac Nurse shouldn't be an issue with two Halifax Hospitals (Daytona Beach and Port Orange) as well as Florida Hospital in Ormond Beach to choose from. Average RN salaries are around 60K but with specialization (Cardiac ICU?) you could easily be looking at 75K. If your husband is willing to drive more as a delivery driver locally, he will probably find a number of good options if having a clean driving record and good references. With the three children I would steer you toward the south side of town, south of Taylor and west of I-95 for the best neighborhoods and school district (Spruce Creek).

Old 12-02-2013, 05:55 AM

48 posts, read 145,552 times
I don't currently live in Florida but have done quite a bit of research on the RN pay (I'm also a RN hoping to move to FL in the near future) and salary.com can give you a general idea of what you might be able to expect pay wise. Job opportunities in that area I don't know anything about. I'm looking more towards south Florida myself. www.employflorida.com might also help with a job search, it's not the best site for it but it does have resources that could be helpful for both you and your husband.

Good Luck!

Old 12-02-2013, 08:45 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Hubby wont have a problem finding truck driving jobs

Truck Driver Jobs, Employment in Daytona Beach, FL | Indeed.com

Old 12-02-2013, 08:10 PM

43 posts, read 99,274 times
Thank you all for the input. Kyle19125, I appreciate the info on neighborhoods, now I'll know what areas to visit when we go down. I've checked out indeed and salary.com, I'll have to check out the employflorida website. Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida