Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 11:59 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,159,363 times

Advertisements

Since the original job creation thread went off course and was locked, starting a new thread on Rick Scott's record regarding jobs. This is an election year and this is a major issue. Miami Herald is doing an in-depth series and attention should be given to the facts during an election year when a lot of untruths will be flung around.

Many promises, few jobs: The Rick Scott jobs record | MiamiHerald.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 05:01 PM

641 posts, read 1,015,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Since the original job creation thread went off course and was locked, starting a new thread on Rick Scott's record regarding jobs. This is an election year and this is a major issue. Miami Herald is doing an in-depth series and attention should be given to the facts during an election year when a lot of untruths will be flung around.

Many promises, few jobs: The Rick Scott jobs record | MiamiHerald.com

In addition, I would like to see salary numbers as compared to other states and the amount of kickbacks employers get from moving here from the politicians. Usually people will cheer any job that moves here that is over 35k but these jobs rarely keep up with the inflation, insurance costs and cost of living increase of living in this state.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:19 PM

5,663 posts, read 10,676,599 times
The Bureau of Labor Statistics seems to have data that shows pretty good performance. Whether it can be attributed directly to Scott, who knows? But, I do know that the Obama administration tries to pretend that any improvement in the national employment picture, however slight, is an indication that their "policies" are working. I'm not sure anyone can actually explain how but, surely, if they can lay claim to those improvements, so too can Scott to this data and that is, no doubt, exactly what he will do.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:43 PM

4,836 posts, read 11,956,509 times
It really is as simple as this from most of the media and Democrats:
If it is good, it is Obama's magical plans
If it is bad in Florida it is Rick Scott's fault.

Honestly the President or Governor have little to do with what jobs come and go. What is more important to look at are what he has passed and vetoed, what the state budget looks like. For example I think turning down the Obama-Rail was a great idea. Now we have a private funded rail coming into the state.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:06 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,229,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post

Honestly the President or Governor have little to do with what jobs come and go. What is more important to look at are what he has passed and vetoed, what the state budget looks like. For example I think turning down the Obama-Rail was a great idea. Now we have a private funded rail coming into the state.
Smartest post in the whole thread. Congrats

Old 12-08-2013, 06:12 PM

2,955 posts, read 4,966,675 times
I wouldn't say that any governor has a great record the last few years. Only a few states are doing really well and that's more happenstance than governance.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:35 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,159,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post

Since Rick Scott made a promise to the State of Florida regarding job creation, and he is running for governor, he is the subject of the article (not Obama). If the governor has little to do with jobs, then you are saying that Rick Scott lied when promising that he could do so?

Old 12-08-2013, 06:53 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,249,468 times
Yes I read the article.

the state’s unemployment rate has dropped from 11.1 percent to 6.7 percent, and the state has added 440,000 private-sector jobs.

One one hand some use the unemployment numbers and when best suited to your needs and desires they use the job numbers.

He has done well with dropping the unemployment numbers right?[LEFT]
Read more here: Many promises, few jobs: The Rick Scott jobs record | MiamiHerald.com

If you are going to use this article and ask me if I read it maybe you should read it also:

Here is part of YOUR OWN ARTICLE--

And the jobs gains in part mirror a national trend. So are Florida’s added jobs thanks to Scott? Or President Barack Obama? Both? Neither?

So are they off topic by adding this to the topic that you are using here?You cannot have it your way and your way only.

If you want to discuss the article then it must be done in full and not just the parts you want.
Read more here: Many promises, few jobs: The Rick Scott jobs record | MiamiHerald.com

Old 12-08-2013, 06:59 PM

2,955 posts, read 4,966,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Most all of them.

They dont like to see any Rep running anything even though they know Rep Governors run states far better then any dem.
I think not. No one with any sense is afraid. Politics is a give and take situation. What goes around, comes around. If you're afraid, then you've bought into the nonsense.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:10 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,249,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
I think not. No one with any sense is afraid. Politics is a give and take situation. What goes around, comes around. If you're afraid, then you've bought into the nonsense.

Exactly.

Many voters did not use any common sense in 2008 and 2012 and look what we got.

Many are afraid because they do not know what is coming in the years to come.

I dont think we can dig ourselves out of the hole we have got ourselves into with some of the current leaders we have.

I am not a Scott fan myself, but lets be fair. Liberals dislike him why?

Lets change it to the word dislike, maybe that fits better.

Afraid also can be used because they cannot get by with their lib agenda in Florida with him in power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: