Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2013, 06:56 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,015,781 times

Advertisements

i looked up your subdivision and the amount of crime is no where near what you stated. Drug related crimes were nearly non existent.

Please dont talk about a place (SH) that you have never ventured into.

Let me explain it to you again -- the population over 65 is less than 22 percent. SH is still going strong and growing.

Speak facts, not what you think you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
There is a skin when i have posted so many facts on how bad Portrichey is for years and he or she always wants to downplay it and make it out to be such a great place when he or she don't even live in the area.

A very BIG SKIN. There is another one on here as well with SKIN in the game. The fact is, Spring Hill is turning into another west Pasco as the oldies croak and are being replaced with trashey renters. Just that Spring Hill is a few years behind what west Pasco has become, drugs, crime and low life renters.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:58 PM

Let's look at that "murder capital of Florida" "fact" that was posted.

Some "murder capital"

Year Population Murder
1995 117,895 3
1996 119,931 2
1997 122,099 8
1998 125,008 2
1999 127,392 1
2000 130,802 2
2001 132,762 4
2002 136,484 5
2003 140,67 4
2005 150,784 0
2006 157,006 5
2007 162,193 1
2008 164,907 4
2009 165,048 4
2010 165,569 9
2011 173,078 8
2012 173,104 2

SOURCE: Florida Department of Law Enforcement. Crime in Florida, Florida uniform crime report, 1995-2012 [Computer program].
Tallahassee, FL: FDLE. Florida Statistical Analysis Center.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:13 PM

30,150 posts, read 20,868,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
i looked up your subdivision and the amount of crime is no where near what you stated. Drug related crimes were nearly non existent.

Please dont talk about a place (SH) that you have never ventured into.

Let me explain it to you again -- the population over 65 is less than 22 percent. SH is still going strong and growing.

I posted so many crime reports over the years that everyone saw. It speaks for itself. You are in this to make money and fool people to take their money. Anytime anyone wants to take a drive with me i will show them just how great west Pasco is with 1000's of rundown empty homes and the kind of trash that lives here.

I sure hope the new flood Ins crap goes thru so we can finish off whats left of west Pasco once in for all. The fact is you got SKIN in the game and will lie to anyone to make a sale.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:27 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,220,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Lets just say the better your job and the more money you have, the better the area is. If you're "down and out", struggling because your profession/job/career choice isn't in high demand (ie graphic designer) or you're penniless, the state will be a tough one for you to enjoy. But if you have income, and a job you enjoy, the place is nice, especially this time of year when the rest of the country is experiencing this......
It's really not that bad. Sometimes ya just gotta take the back roads.
Attached Thumbnails
Why do people consider Florida such a bad place?-9copy_of_dsc02666-.jpg  

Old 12-16-2013, 10:00 PM

35,335 posts, read 20,692,861 times
One thing I will add ---this post about Florida was posted in the Tampa-bay section -some of it fact some is not, and most is in one's view and opinion. I say Fla is not the same in all areas. So we have heard in HIGH volumes form the central west coast in this forum ... with a few stranglers from other areas. The totlas will be correct but,,, much different lives are enjoyed or NOT-depending where you live in the state.

Old 12-17-2013, 04:29 AM

Have you ever once seen a post from me that has anything to do with money or anything of any value?

I dont live in west pasco, but I did work there for 2.5 years. Oak Trail Way.

I met a lot of people who lived in west pasco. None of the horror stories that you purport.

I am not saying there is no crime in Pasco County, its a big place but the picture you paint of it is inaccurate and unverifiable.

It makes me wonder how you with, all your money and what was it, 28 houses, stays living there, a place where you cant leave a window open, a place that is drenched in drugs and crime and where it never rains. It just does not add up to a sensible situation.

You have zero credibility with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
I posted so many crime reports over the years that everyone saw. It speaks for itself. You are in this to make money and fool people to take their money. Anytime anyone wants to take a drive with me i will show them just how great west Pasco is with 1000's of rundown empty homes and the kind of trash that lives here.

I sure hope the new flood Ins crap goes thru so we can finish off whats left of west Pasco once in for all. The fact is you got SKIN in the game and will lie to anyone to make a sale.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:39 AM

26 posts, read 36,463 times
Quote:
It is quite apparent that you do not hold any degrees.

"75% of folks don't got no advanced D-gree down there. "

In English that would be "down there, 75 percent of the folks do not have an advanced degree"

I am sure that wherever you are 75 percent of the people also do not hold advanced degrees.
For your information I have a Bachelors degree from USF in Electrical Engineering, and I'm working on my Masters also at USF.

I speak Southern, because guess what... I'm Southern

The South is a unique cultural area, in Yankee terms we have our own diction.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:46 AM

26 posts, read 36,463 times
Quote:
Pot meet kettle... Spring Hill is a crap hole, I should know I have suffered here for 5 years, and have facts to back it up. We can both pull numbers all day to support our stances. You figures come from local sources that have ties to the building and tourism association so they go out of their way to make Spring Hill look great, mine are from the national level and tell the truth. For example in which universe is the FDLE's stats superior in anyway to the FBI's stats? I guess only in the Spring Hill universe where rainbows and puppy dogs rain down on everyone living along Spring Hill Drive, Mariner, or Deltona.

Since I have lived in Spring Hill, our house has been broken into 3 times in a 5 year time frame and we live in a nice area. We have people from up North dumping trash on every vacant piece of land they can find. Just yesterday a person in a van with New Jersey plates dumped a couch at the end of our street. How do I know this because I saw him do it, and tried to call the cops and report him but apparently the cops had better things to do. My neighbor from Boston has had his car stolen twice and broken into a total of 6 times... I've only had my car vandalized once, so count me lucky. Within a 7 block radius of my house, which is in a gated community with $200+ homes I can count 4 people who have been killed either in home invasions, or they were just found shot dead in their back yard. I have connections with the local Sheriffs Dept. and have been told of how bad things are around here, that its the worst crime they have ever seen and this is coming from transplant cops from Miami, New York, Boston, Philly, Tampa, and New Orleans.

So keep siting stats that are approved by the tourism and housing boards to sucker more Yankees into moving down to this crap shoot, I'm done with that kind of stuff. Stats can be spun to suit the purposes of the person using them. Look at Bush and Obama for proof of how a person can distort stats to cover up lies.

I want to hear from others in the area, lets hear from the horses mouth. There has to be more people on here from Spring Hill, or at least the Nature Coast region lets here from them.

I have better things to do with my time then try to correct a Yankee from Spring Hill about how bad Spring Hill is, and how bad the retirees from the North have ruined this place.

Bob Haa has been dead for what a month, and the Yankees are already trying to white wash over all of the work Bob did to educate those in Hernando County about how bad things are. I bet he is rolling over in his grave.

Last edited by Bova Fett; 12-17-2013 at 05:56 AM..

Old 12-17-2013, 05:58 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,532,718 times
You nailed it...there are so many people who enjoy living in west Pasco and even though there are some bad rotten apples which sheriff Noco and his cops are working on the clean it up and actually are very successful with, is helping certain streets a lot and have shown a difference.

We have seen all over the place and not just Pasco, but Hillsborough county as well where it seems that people who came into this country to work and own a gas station and convenience store have shown to make more money in these places with all kind of criminal activities and even Pam Bundi was present to clean them up and arrest many of them.

These practices attract certain people to come to that area and it has been seen all over the State.

There was a mom in Tampa Palms who killed her two kids...that is very disturbing but not making the entire area bad. There was a murder in Avilla and the neighborhood is still upscale and very nice.

Meadow point had its crime and with last weekends tragedy the one and only positive thing is that the suspect will most likely never see day light and he was a rotten apple. That guy seems to have a long rap sheet as a juvenile and I wonder where the parents were through out the murderers years of growing up so I didn't agree to much with the female on tv who felt sorry for both families...I only feel for the victims family...if a guy is so rotten that he steals tip money, commits numerous crimes and was released again at the age of 18 than it shows the parents have not tribute much to the guys upbringing.

Again anybody who is staing that an entire area is bad has nothing serious to trust his motive and we know already from previous post that he/she lost money in real estate in that area while others have blossomed and made money. I bought a home last year over there and made over $30 k in 8 months after having bought the place with tenants in the property which meant I didn't have one day of no income.

A few month ago an owner came to our office and had interviewed 2 other agents who told him the place would sell fast for 40 k but they could sell it for 45 k. So when our office told him our CMA. Showed approx. $79,000. He was shocked but let us try to sell it. We sold it within 2 month to a buyer with a mortgage and the property appraised for $ 75,000 so we were off by $4,000. The owner was trilled but shocked that he could have lost so much money to agents who just come up with low numbers to benefit a fast sell and not looking into the best interest of a client.

Our sale helped other sale to get values up since all these very low ball listings that were underpriced only helped a fast sale and not showing that the owners were advised right..of course there are good agent who are doing the right thing and also owners who overprice their property and believe they are worth way more than realistically the property is in today's market. We also she lender wanting too much money for a bad maintained property.

Again many people love to live where they live and people should question anybody who has nothing positive to say or the other way around.

Quote:
Have you ever once seen a post from me that has anything to do with money or anything of any value?

I dont live in west pasco, but I did work there for 2.5 years. Oak Trail Way.

I met a lot of people who lived in west pasco. None of the horror stories that you purport.

I am not saying there is no crime in Pasco County, its a big place but the picture you paint of it is inaccurate and unverifiable.

It makes me wonder how you with, all your money and what was it, 28 houses, stays living there, a place where you cant leave a window open, a place that is drenched in drugs and crime and where it never rains. It just does not add up to a sensible situation.

You have zero credibility with me.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:37 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,174,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
You nailed it...there are so many people who enjoy living in west Pasco and even though there are some bad rotten apples which sheriff Noco and his cops are working on the clean it up and actually are very successful with, is helping certain streets a lot and have shown a difference.

We have seen all over the place and not just Pasco, but Hillsborough county as well where it seems that people who came into this country to work and own a gas station and convenience store have shown to make more money in these places with all kind of criminal activities and even Pam Bundi was present to clean them up and arrest many of them.

These practices attract certain people to come to that area and it has been seen all over the State.

There was a mom in Tampa Palms who killed her two kids...that is very disturbing but not making the entire area bad. There was a murder in Avilla and the neighborhood is still upscale and very nice.

Meadow point had its crime and with last weekends tragedy the one and only positive thing is that the suspect will most likely never see day light and he was a rotten apple. That guy seems to have a long rap sheet as a juvenile and I wonder where the parents were through out the murderers years of growing up so I didn't agree to much with the female on tv who felt sorry for both families...I only feel for the victims family...if a guy is so rotten that he steals tip money, commits numerous crimes and was released again at the age of 18 than it shows the parents have not tribute much to the guys upbringing.

Again anybody who is staing that an entire area is bad has nothing serious to trust his motive and we know already from previous post that he/she lost money in real estate in that area while others have blossomed and made money. I bought a home last year over there and made over $30 k in 8 months after having bought the place with tenants in the property which meant I didn't have one day of no income.

A few month ago an owner came to our office and had interviewed 2 other agents who told him the place would sell fast for 40 k but they could sell it for 45 k. So when our office told him our CMA. Showed approx. $79,000. He was shocked but let us try to sell it. We sold it within 2 month to a buyer with a mortgage and the property appraised for $ 75,000 so we were off by $4,000. The owner was trilled but shocked that he could have lost so much money to agents who just come up with low numbers to benefit a fast sell and not looking into the best interest of a client.

Our sale helped other sale to get values up since all these very low ball listings that were underpriced only helped a fast sale and not showing that the owners were advised right..of course there are good agent who are doing the right thing and also owners who overprice their property and believe they are worth way more than realistically the property is in today's market. We also she lender wanting too much money for a bad maintained property.

Again many people love to live where they live and people should question anybody who has nothing positive to say or the other way around.
I may be wrong but you sound to be advertising your work....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida