U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 09:35 AM

642 posts, read 864,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
Red, this thread is a pathetic trolling thread. God knows I'm not a Florida lover, like spring hillian, or Chop-Chop, but this is a Florida bashing thread.

You obviously didnt read the Original Post, no trolling here. I'm sorry that you are so butthurt though not sure why. ALL OF MY THREADS bring out great talking points and debates FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE FLORIDA SPECTRUM (those that love it and those that dont) Im sorry not all my posts are about "how florida is paradise" and "oh look how great the weather is today" and "oh I moved to Florida im the ****!!!!!!" Yea you wont get those posts with me, but as long as I stay within C-D TOS then who cares. I have seen first hand what overdevelopment and growth has done to Florida and I like talking about, so what....

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
The only thing that would cause Florida not to support a growing population is when the Florida government says 'that's it folks, we're out of drinkable water, the pumps are running dry'.

Agree, this is a real problem for Las Vegas currently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 09:51 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,304,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
You obviously didnt read the Original Post, no trolling here. I'm sorry that you are so butthurt though not sure why. ALL OF MY THREADS bring out great talking points and debates FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE FLORIDA SPECTRUM (those that love it and those that dont) Im sorry not all my posts are about "how florida is paradise" and "oh look how great the weather is today" and "oh I moved to Florida im the ****!!!!!!" Yea you wont get those posts with me, but as long as I stay within C-D TOS then who cares. I have seen first hand what overdevelopment and growth has done to Florida and I like talking about, so what....

Florida isn't my favorite state, probably not in my top 40, but this is really sad that you're so out of ideas you had to resort to this.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:11 AM

642 posts, read 864,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
Florida isn't my favorite state, probably not in my top 40, but this is really sad that you're so out of ideas you had to resort to this.
brb thread 5 pages long

brb you engaged me to tell me how bad my posts are

brb im the pathetic one

Old 12-22-2013, 02:21 PM

109 posts, read 115,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
I've lived in a state that you say "Floridians are to blame for ruining their state"... I can tell you firsthand that it's not native Floridians, it's the "halfbacks." I've heard this over and over again. And they embarrass me b/c they say this is how we did it in Flaridah, etc. and the hens are clucking away, complaining, et. doing what they do... but they're not even from FL, thery're from NY. But people say theyre the ones from FL. Well yes, they are from FL, but FL was just a stopping point.

I never said Floridians are to blame for Floridas issues. Please read it again. I said, many other states people say that Floridians are ruining their state. Not Florida.

Old 12-22-2013, 03:57 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,272,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida-Dude View Post
I never said Floridians are to blame for Floridas issues. Please read it again. I said, many other states people say that Floridians are ruining their state. Not Florida.

No, I know. I know what you are saying; I've heard it too. I lived in NC and a lot of ppl say Floridians ruined their state, etc. The thing is the "Floridians" they're complaining aboutar efrom Long Island, lol. Thry just happen to have FL plates or moved recently from FL.

I know FL natives are not to blame for FL's issues, lol.

Old 12-23-2013, 03:04 PM

109 posts, read 115,825 times
I got it!

Ask those who hate it and spend their entire day posting how much they hate it to leave. Make room for those of us who love it here and enjoy everything about it.

We feel are are very lucky to be able to go outside on Dec 23rd and not be sliding on ice, shoveling snow or dealing with power outages.

I love it here and I am so happy to have came here and reap the benefits every single day.

Old 12-23-2013, 03:27 PM

389 posts, read 502,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
I REALLY wish that one of our large metro areas (Orlando please!) could be more like Charlotte, or Atlanta, or Raleigh. Just a little more traditional, more professional types, etc.
That's something I've noticed, too, and part of the reason could be that most of the Florida metro areas aren't really magnets for big corporate headquarters and the like. Atlanta, for instance, has Coca-Cola, Home Depot and a mega-airport. Charlotte is a financial center with Bank of America headquartered there, among others. Raleigh-Durham is a high-tech mecca with major universities. South Florida may have some potential down the road with companies like Citrix in Fort Lauderdale and possible growth in biotech and health care, etc., but it's hard to say. We seem to have a lot of back-office operations for big companies headquartered elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or