Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 06:37 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
I like Oviedo a lot. But you have to wonder what FL will be like in the future. If the FL population is continuing to grow mainly by NY/NJ folks (and folks from foreign countries being 2nd), and Floridians are moving OUT, it's gonna (continue to) change a lot.
Probably not for the better in many cases.... esp. with those courteous NY'ers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 06:45 AM

641 posts, read 1,020,776 times
Quote:
No, that's not surprising at all Kyle. Florida to Georgia. That's the number 1 destination of Floridians, Georgia. Then NC/SC. FL to GA is as popular as NY to FL or Puerto Rico to Orlando.

I like Oviedo a lot. But you have to wonder what FL will be like in the future. If the FL population is continuing to grow mainly by NY/NJ folks (and folks from foreign countries being 2nd), and Floridians are moving OUT, it's gonna (continue to) change a lot.
Agree, native Floridian but I have always thought about moving to GA or Louisiana

Old 12-21-2013, 06:53 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Red & Chop,

I think a lot of us natives and long-timers all share the same concerns.

I live in Oviedo now which is very different than where I used to live in East Orlando/Avalon Pk area. I was in a restaurant in Avalon Pk a few weeks ago (hadn't been there in 4 yrs I guess) and almost all the tv's were on the Jets or Giants game, I think there was only ONE tv showing the Broncos game (which is the other game that was on at that time). Behind us, there were two guys sporting their Giants hats/shirts etc, cursing, talking sooooo loud on their damn cell phones... It was ANNOYING. I am glad to be out of that area and in my lil' Oviedo where I see Gators/Noles stuff and people are MUCH more polite.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:47 AM

641 posts, read 1,020,776 times
Quote:
Red & Chop,

I think a lot of us natives and long-timers all share the same concerns.

I live in Oviedo now which is very different than where I used to live in East Orlando/Avalon Pk area. I was in a restaurant in Avalon Pk a few weeks ago (hadn't been there in 4 yrs I guess) and almost all the tv's were on the Jets or Giants game, I think there was only ONE tv showing the Broncos game (which is the other game that was on at that time). Behind us, there were two guys sporting their Giants hats/shirts etc, cursing, talking sooooo loud on their damn cell phones... It was ANNOYING. I am glad to be out of that area and in my lil' Oviedo where I see Gators/Noles stuff and people are MUCH more polite.
I dont want to be bombared with angry Northerners anymore that are rude, obnoxious and tear down our swamp. If this was the old days we wouldve drove these people back to where they came from. Unfortunately, since capitalism is the say all be all these days and noone gives a damn about pride anymore, we are at the mercy of these developers who are coddled by our elected officials that are selling out the pride and beauty of florida so future generations will never get to appreciate what this state used to be.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:27 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
No, that's not surprising at all Kyle. Florida to Georgia. That's the number 1 destination of Floridians, Georgia. Then NC/SC. FL to GA is as popular as NY to FL or Puerto Rico to Orlando.

I'm not completely surprised it's that high, I just would have thought NC and then SC, with Georgia third given the number of ex-Floridians I've seen (or known) in NC. In terms of change, native Floridians have always moved out it seems. Most of my high school graduating class (a random public HS in South Florida) is now out of state and spread out all over the US.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:33 PM

109 posts, read 143,771 times
I already believe it is having issues with the total population. And I see it growing even more.

Come on folks, none of us really believe those who were not born here should send anyone who was not back to where they came from. That is plain silly. Do you all know how many native Floridians have moved to other states and get the blame for ruining it? Lots.

For me I think the state is having more issues with those who are not from the USA. Large numbers of people have moved from Europe, Asia, South America etc to Florida in record numbers and it is showing.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:52 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
The only thing that would cause Florida not to support a growing population is when the Florida government says 'that's it folks, we're out of drinkable water, the pumps are running dry'.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:11 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,655,017 times
Red, this thread is a pathetic trolling thread. God knows I'm not a Florida lover, like spring hillian, or Chop-Chop, but this is a Florida bashing thread.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida-Dude View Post
I already believe it is having issues with the total population. And I see it growing even more.

Come on folks, none of us really believe those who were not born here should send anyone who was not back to where they came from. That is plain silly. Do you all know how many native Floridians have moved to other states and get the blame for ruining it? Lots.

For me I think the state is having more issues with those who are not from the USA. Large numbers of people have moved from Europe, Asia, South America etc to Florida in record numbers and it is showing.

I've lived in a state that you say "Floridians are to blame for ruining their state"... I can tell you firsthand that it's not native Floridians, it's the "halfbacks." I've heard this over and over again. And they embarrass me b/c they say this is how we did it in Flaridah, etc. and the hens are clucking away, complaining, et. doing what they do... but they're not even from FL, thery're from NY. But people say theyre the ones from FL. Well yes, they are from FL, but FL was just a stopping point.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:31 AM

I REALLY wish that one of our large metro areas (Orlando please!) could be more like Charlotte, or Atlanta, or Raleigh. Just a little more traditional, more professional types, etc. But neither Miami, Orlando or Tampa really has that feel to it. Jacksonville doesn't it, but I like Jax best due to it's location and southern feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida