Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 01:46 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,571,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephhawkinson View Post
remember bamboosmom actually had to lower her price from $299K to $273K as far as I know, may be she started over $300K I dont know. From $299K down to $273K That's a nice 9% cut that brought buyers in. She was sensible enough to see market was worse than last year and was not getting any better so she reacted accordingly, made her house look different than the tons of other houses sitting for sale. She took photos, did a virtual tour etc she provided all the info needed for the buyer. Luck is nother factor that we should not overlook. Her prayers must have been heard

Others may not be as fortunate as her , especially the flippers/investors who bought FL houses for investment and sat in some other state eating their finger nails hopelessly. It actually helps when you are around as there is only so much you can do from a different state. You may be also out of touch with reality in terms of current market prices etc while your realtor may be worried more about unloading HIS/HER investment houses first. You never know. It is pretty ugly now in FL and many people ,including myself, dont expect a revival before 2008 or 2009. Housing prices should go down more to increase demand and you know it is already happening.

I was persistant with my postings on the free homes for sale site...
If I didn't do it my way, we would still be sitting here and lowering the price even more. I posted on there almost everyday. When the site said there was a duplicate post, I used my other email address to get as much exposure for our home as possible. I would love to do this for sellers for a fee!!!! LOL
I found our buyer, two to be exact... but one outbid the other...
Lowered the price to what was good for us...

The first realtor we had told us to go down to $250,000 to sell, that's when I gave her the boot in the you know what..

The second realtor worked FOR us. He did the Virtual Tour himself and I used it in my posts. He agreed to a lower commission if I sold it.
I practically lived in front of this computer until we received the two calls.

I did pray to St. Joseph and he is still buried outside until we close. I also have another St. Joseph in the front window. My mom even has one on her kitchen table and she said a prayer everyday for us.

If you want something bad enough then work hard at it and use all the creative ways to get your home SOLD!!!

The buyers that came that day and put in a almost full price offer said everything else they saw out there for sale was
GARBAGE. It pays off to get your home in tip top shape and don't forget the landscaping!!! Curb appeal brings the buyers into the home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 11:20 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,653,088 times
Does anyone know what the names of the list your homes online for free website url's are???

Much obliged in advance

Old 05-14-2008, 07:51 PM

92 posts, read 468,045 times
Default homes for free site?

What site were you referring to where you kept posting your home until it sold?

Old 05-17-2008, 11:04 PM

89 posts, read 293,880 times
Here are a few websites that I know about:
Iggyshouse.com (lets you list on the MLS for free)
Craigslist
Oodle
Zillow
Backpage
Sawitonline
FSBOads.com
Postlets
HouselistUSA
Flipit.com
ClassifiedflyerAds.com
Owners.com
Free FSBO Real Estate Listing-For Sale by Owner Website
That's all I have...and I am listed on all.

Last edited by jorobda; 05-17-2008 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 09-29-2014, 01:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,129 times
I bought a lakefront home about 16 years ago, it has been paid off for about 6 years. it has a lot of cracks in the block walls, it needs a new roof, but I just found out it doesn't have a footer around the foundation. should the finance company have checked that before I bought it, is that some kind of law and anything that I can do about it now!!!!! what I also need to know is should I waste money on a new roof with just a 4 inch terrazzo floor, or is the foundation good with no footer!!

Old 09-29-2014, 04:20 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,819,671 times
Selling without a Realtor can sometimes be to your advantage, since you have no commission to pay you can ask less for your house giving you an edge over the competition.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:52 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,339,799 times
I've bought and sold homes and condos w/ a realtor, and w/o a realtor. It isn't difficult, and it's the title companies that will protect you and the buyer from any issues w/ titles and such. I even sold our Galveston condo on eBay of all places when the local home market fell flat about 8 years ago. If I can do it, anyone can do it. Most people that use a realtor simply mark up the home 6% to cover the realtor costs.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:57 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,819,671 times
I think selling a home either with a Realtor or by owner has more to to with luck than anything else. Same goes with selling a car or anything else. It is simply having what someone else is looking for and at a price they are willing to pay. Timing is everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: