Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 06:45 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,146,996 times

Advertisements

My best friend is from Orlando. She said the AC is a must from May-October, April and November are pretty warm too but the nights cool off just enough. She said the heater is used on the coldest days from December-March, but otherwise no AC or heating is necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 05:27 AM

1,061 posts, read 2,240,125 times
This is my description of the weather in South Florida:

June, July, August, September= UNCOMFORTABLY HOT AND HUMID

May and October = HOT/WARM. Generally, the nights are not as hot in early May and late October. By mid May, the days can reach 90 and above but it is not as humid or as often as the months from June-August.

November and April= It is usually comfortably warm or comfortably cool if there is a cool front. On an average year the temperatures can be lows in the upper 60s and highs in the lower 80s depending on the time of month and cool fronts. Basically, I can comfortably drive to work in the mornings without using the AC in the car. Lows in November and occasionally in April can be in the 50s, but it is less common in April, especially after mid April. Usually though, lows are in the upper 60s-low 70s.

December, January, February= MY FAVORITE MONTHS. ON A NICE YEAR IT IS COOL AND PLEASANT IN THE MORNINGS AND EVENINGS. Temperature lows in the upper 50s and highs in the mid to upper 70s. These last 2 winters, and this year going on its 3rd, it has been warm winters. This December the highs have been in the low to mid 80s most days, while the lows have been in the lower 70s, with a few days of lows in the upper 60s; This is too warm for my taste.

If I was a snowbird, I will be here between November-April, and will definitely avoid June-September. I personally do not like the summers in South Florida. I feel it is too hot, humid, rains alot, and has too many bugs. Winters can be pleasant, but I personally like the winters in Central Florida better where temperatures in the 40s, 50s and 60s are more common.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:07 AM

530 posts, read 1,453,143 times
The further north the colder, the further south the warmer. Its just that simple. Florida is somewhat different because we have warm spells during the winter. South stays pretty warm although they can have cold spells also. As far as the AC goes I turn mine on when I'm hot, so I guess that's what most Floridians do.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:15 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,200,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofel View Post
I see there is north and south florida. How is the weather year round in both of them?What about coastal and inland?
Hot, and not quite as hot.

Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida