Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 07:15 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowSoFlorida View Post
You can't blame any governor for the foreclosure scandal, it was the banks problem and an economy bubble that burst where homes were overvalued. I'm not a fan of Crist, but he doesn't deserve the blame for that. It was a nationwide problem and still is with many people underwater in their mortgages and home values ridiculously low in some areas.

If it was the other way around you would think different.

His 11.5% unemployment is enough to know he is not a jobs man.

Scott was handed a miserable situation by Crist and has turned it around.

Unemployment is now below 6% thanks to his policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 09:19 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Commi New Network
I actually think CNN is fairly balanced. Faux News and MSNBC are on opposite ends of the spectrum. I personally prefer NPR myself

Old 01-15-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
I actually think CNN is fairly balanced. Faux News and MSNBC are on opposite ends of the spectrum. I personally prefer NPR myself
I actually stopped watching news many years ago so the troll who keeps posting his bs has no clue but just keeps trolling along. CNN is loaded with extremely looney liberals host and guest. At least Fox gives both sides and allows someone to speak whereas CNN does not allow the opposite side to rebutt anything.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:07 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
I haven't seem much of CNN since Al-Jazeera America came on and started broadcasting real and relevant news instead of blathering talking heads. (Give it a try- they're quite good, and the only time a bias shows up is in their Egypt coverage, which is understandable given that the Egyptian government is still holding some of their broadcasters after months with no charges.)

My favorite Real News print source remains The Economist because they're the best truly global analytic news source out there. Yes, I honestly do like reading about the movement of South African supermarket chains into Zamiba and the latest follies in Argentinian monetary policy.

Fox is actually pretty good at quickly breaking news, and often on the scene sooner than anyone else. I just click away quickly when everyone seems to have caught their breath enough for the talking heads to come on and spin what they just were showing live.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:33 AM

892 posts, read 1,576,492 times
Quote:
I actually stopped watching news many years ago so the troll who keeps posting his bs has no clue but just keeps trolling along. CNN is loaded with extremely looney liberals host and guest. At least Fox gives both sides and allows someone to speak whereas CNN does not allow the opposite side to rebutt anything.
Fox gives both sides and allows someone to speak?....

I thought it was common knowledge that they are famous for doing the exact opposite of that.

Fox news is an echo chamber....

If you don't know what that means....

Than you probably are a loyal Fox news viewer exclusively.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:52 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,583,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post

I thought it was common knowledge that they are famous for doing the exact opposite of that.

If you watch the "opinion shows" during primetime you will get that. Yet I don't get the same slant with the NEWS SHOWS.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:06 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:

And it's obvious from your comments that you are NOT a Fox viewer, know nothing about this network, and are simply regurgitating comments you've picked up from your liberal friends about the network....

Old 01-17-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
And it's obvious from your comments that you are NOT a Fox viewer, know nothing about this network, and are simply regurgitating comments you've picked up from your liberal friends about the network....
No...I am not a regular viewer of Fox.

I have however, watched plenty of Fox News during the last 4 presidential political cycles and elections for comparison to CNN and there is a major difference in the reporting of the same information...

I prefer CNN...definitely the most neutral major network with the least amount of spin.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:

As I said before, I dont waste my time watching news. Since I am in Florida now I enjoy all this beautiful state has to offer and not on here much or inside freezing to death like I was in Ohio.

For some reason liberals assume most people who have great knowledge of politics watch Fox. Even though it is common knowledge that Fox is the top rated, 8 of the 10 most watch shows on TV. But you knew that right?

Old 01-17-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
As I said before, I dont waste my time watching news. Since I am in Florida now I enjoy all this beautiful state has to offer and not on here much or inside freezing to death like I was in Ohio.

For some reason liberals assume most people who have great knowledge of politics watch Fox. Even though it is common knowledge that Fox is the top rated, 8 of the 10 most watch shows on TV. But you knew that right?
The first sentence of the second paragraph makes no sense what so ever. When you combine it with the second sentence of the second paragraph it's even worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: