Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2014, 06:17 PM

6 posts, read 12,226 times

Advertisements

We are planning to move to Florida bcoz asthma and pneumonia have become a serious problem for my 5 year old with continuos hospitilization... And it's bcoz of dust and air pollution... Can any one please suggest a good place in Florida for us to move... His problem is going beyond control...

Any suggestions please....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 11:44 AM

823 posts, read 1,125,281 times
If you can, try and find a place in the Keys. There's almost no air pollution, very little dust and the wind blows most of the time.
There may be other things that might trigger an alergic reaction in your child though. There's a lot of exotic plants down here in addition to the native plants that are different from even northern Florida.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:13 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,453,322 times
Moved to the Florida Forum.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:22 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,453,322 times
Allergies to things in the air, I know all to well. When you go on vacation, do you notice your childs allergies go away? Yes, that is because you haven't lived long enough in the place you are vacationing, to develop an allergy to the things in the air. My allergist said when you move to a new place you will not experience environmental allergies at first, but over time people with allergies typically will develop new allergies. I then asked her where could I move, that I wouldn't have allergy issues, she said some places with year round winter. Well, I looked at her and said that isn't happening, I'm not leaving Miami for Antartica. She said the best thing is do the things they tell you, like keeping windows shut, keep the house as clean as possible if you have allergies to dust, change your air filter every month with a good filter.

Florida has good air quality, but it is also warm many months out of there year. Meaning there is always something in bloom. Hope this helps some.

Last edited by doggiebus; 01-26-2014 at 03:37 PM..

Old 01-25-2014, 02:38 PM

109 posts, read 143,728 times
Might not be a good place as the allergies seem to get worse here then many places.

We dont get enough temp changes to combat allergy issues and when it does not rain for a long period of time the pollen count stays high enough to cause issues.

I would look for specific locations and find some comparisons if I were you.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:44 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,614,334 times
It all depends on what is setting him off. In Florida (Tampa Bay) area I have year round allergies. Lived in MD and in the UK and only had seasonal ones. I am allergic to mold, some grasses, some trees, some weeds and dust. My allergies get so bad here that I get sinus infections. I have had sinus surgery, septoplasty and allergy injections. For months the allergy levels have been med-high where I live for pollen, weeds & trees. I guess you need to find out what sets it off and see where in FL those things are high and try to avoid them. I used to work in Allergy & asthma research. Tampa Bay can be hard on some ppl for their allergies & asthma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: