Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 03:05 PM

944 posts, read 3,848,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamutz View Post
I won't be wearing a scarlet letter or yellow star simply becuase I enjoy helping people find their dream homes and choose to support my family in the field.
Are you really comparing the topic of this thread to the holocaust?

Old 10-23-2006, 06:20 PM

51 posts, read 287,573 times
I can't believe what I'm reading here.

Why does anyone have to tell anyone what their profession is? We all have to make a living. If someone came on the boards and asked about materials used to build a house and a home builder came on the forum and gave advice.....would we all report them and accuse them of trying to sell one of their own houses?....no, probably not, because a home builder would be a person with experience that could probably give advice on whether a home was built properly.....so, if a realtor that has experience about an area, chooses to share their knowledge...why is that so different? We already know that the moderators will delete any posts that are commercial in nature....and probably move them to the classified section if need be.

Also, why is it alright for any other person to come on the boards and post advice, information, and their opinions about an area...but, if a realtor does it, they have an ulterior motive????? I'm sure many of us have jobs that benefit when more people move in to an area and do business with us or the companies we work for...why are we picking on the realtors so much on this board?

As far as the private e-mails soliciting business....no one should be doing that, unless asked.

If I was a realtor, I would probably scan these boards to see what others are thinking and saying about areas....I would also answer questions about areas that I knew a lot about, if someone needed information.

I think we are all adult enough to take what people are saying on the boards as information to contribute to OUR decisions. Most people are intelligent enough not to take what they read on a forum as gospel and do more investigating about an area, before relocating or purchasing a home.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:21 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,271,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2 View Post
I can't believe what I'm reading here.

Why does anyone have to tell anyone what their profession is?
Your post also expresses the views of this forum owners. No single group is to be discriminated here.

Private Messages are not monitored on a daily basis. If you receive an unsolicited PM, put their author on your Ignore List and forward the message to a moderator. It will be dealt with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: